The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

41 minutes ago, antrin said:

word

You seem to be trying to start a wee campaign against my posts now. Even interrupting perfectly reasonable conversations on the plans for next season... As long as you're enjoying yourself. 

Also seems to be another one that seems to need the last word but not forthright about admitting it... Happy to let you have it. Let me guess "word" :whistle

I am guessing there are GUESTS on the Forum. 

They may have been GUESTS since 2002 and have great knowledge of the Forum. 

Some folk have just became MEMBERS of the forum recently. 

Those new MEMBERS may have previously been GUESTS since 2002.

I am not surprised that I have to explain this to complete thickos on this Forum. 

9 minutes ago, shull said:

I am guessing there are GUESTS on the Forum. 

They may have been GUESTS since 2002 and have great knowledge of the Forum. 

Some folk have just became MEMBERS of the forum recently. 

Those new MEMBERS may have previously been GUESTS since 2002.

I am not surprised that I have to explain this to complete thickos on this Forum. 

You don't need to explain it, I'm sure most if not all understand that's a possibility. I would also say it's highly unlikely. 

34 minutes ago, shull said:

Indeed. 

You're all three. 

You can have the last word as there will be no ten pager. 

I would rather be zapped with 5G. 

Thanks, I've illustrated my point and how ridiculous yours was anyway. 

No idea what the 5G reference is right enough. 

• 2 months later...

This month we are proposing something a bit different for members to consider. We are putting up just one option for you to vote on but we are proposing using both this spend and the October spend in one go. 

The project we are proposing is to provide general financial support to the St Mirren youth academy. 

The effects of Covid-19 have impacted football in many ways with nearly every club forced into making cost savings to try to offset the loss of revenue. 

Some clubs have chosen to reduce or mothball their academies but we at SMISA believe a strong, thriving youth academy is vital to St Mirren’s present and future. 

In a previous survey of SMISA members, you also indicated that supporting youth development ought to be the priority for the £2 spend sums. 

With the club working towards attaining elite status within the Scottish FA’s Project Brave structure, this fund would enable the academy to continue operating at full strength and to also purchase some much-needed training equipment. 

To that end we are proposing using the £7400 in the July pot now, and then in October the sum available, (likely to be similar) to help head of youth Allan McManus and his team at Ralston. 

Committing two pots in one go will give the academy team a bit more certainty over budgets and the ability to plan ahead during a time of financial uncertainty.

Should the project not receive majority backing the sums will remain in the pot for possible use at a future date.

Voting via Very Connect at   https://tinyurl.com/yd6j8qow   will be open until July 17. 

If you have any questions about this or anything else please get in touch via [email protected].

Regards,

The SMISA committee

• 1 month later...

Social media message from the club and SMISA today thanking SMISA members for continued support of the youth academy with six months of member funds. I don't think there was an email (didn't get one anyway) or comms at the time bar the website but the six month proposal passed with below. 

You have chosen to support this overwhelmingly, with more than 98% (618) of the 629 members who voted giving the proposal their backing.

A no brainer for me in the climate, well done SMISA members. That's roughly £14,800 worth of the £2 portion member funds. 

• 7 months later...

Have to say, more Ralston repairs and a Panda costume... it’s times like this you have to miss a good old LPM breakdown 😅

Please find details of the latest £2 Spend ballot and other news from the SMISA committee. 

April £2 Spend 

This month we have two potential projects to vote on with a total cost of £7500.

The first is to provide a contribution towards the cost of materials for the refurbishment of the first-team facilities at the club’s training ground at Ralston. This project would see substantial and lasting improvements made including a new roof and improved drainage, ventilation and insulation around the site as a whole. 

The first team is training primarily at the SMISA stadium currently due to the situation at Ralston and this investment would go some way towards allowing them to return to the training ground on a more regular basis.

If voted through, this would be a joint venture between SMISA, the club and Kibble. SMISA would provide a contribution of £6000 towards the costs of the materials, with the club footing the bill for the outstanding amount. Kibble would then oversee the project and supply the requisite labour and management at no additional cost. 

The second option this quarter is to support the purchase of an additional professionally-designed Paisley Panda costume. The furry mascot has become well-established over the years as one of St Mirren’s most famous and visible marketing assets.

As well as greeting the crowd before home matches and hosting the half-time “Bung a Baw” competition, the Panda often makes appearances at other club events including a number of the St Mirren Charitable Foundation’s community projects and fundraisers.

The current suit is more than a decade old now and somewhat dated and Colin Bright, organiser of the children’s matchday entertainment and a SMISA committee co-optee, would like to replace it with a new one.

The cost of a properly padded and insulated professional suit to cope with regular use, often in outdoor winter conditions, is £1500.

Members can choose to support one, both or neither of these projects, with any unspent sums retained in the bank for possible future use.

Does the panda suit come with a jet pack attached? If not it should at that price. 😂  

Good to see Kibble providing resource for Ralston improvements. It does not say how much the club are putting in for repairs.