Come on Morton

2 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

According to reports, Scott McDonald was played as a central midfielder today. The game completely passed him by and he was subbed midway through the second half for a teenager on an amateur contract. Whilst going off the park he apparently let Laszlo know exactly what he thought of him.

Amazing how they've fallen to pieces since McMullan missed that penalty. Losing Fraser Fyvie and Scott Fraser has ripped the heart out of their team.

Think most teams would collapse when losing guys who are the heart of the side like Fyvie and Fraser. 

Also, you're not replacing guys like Fyvie with a like for like at this level. Similar to us if we lost McGinn, we'd have no chance of a comparable replacement. 

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

No. I just get the feeling that the board will splash a little more cash while we're on top to ensure we are strong going into the finishing strait.

i dont think they will...nor do i think they need too

al the talk has been about needing a striker....21 gun saloon Reilly?

and Cammy smith as his wing man

Then Lewis Morgan chipping in with a few

McShane hasnt scored in a while... hope he gets a few on Saturday

this is the same players that battered all the teams in early season

HONESTLY ? why do we need to changed?

These guys will fight for each other and see us through till the end of the season (actually my prediction is  the 24th of March)

Even better if it was before that

11 points clear .......RESONATE :-)

3 hours ago, saintargyll said:

These guys will fight for each other and see us through till the end of the season (actually my prediction is  the 24th of March)

Would be a good idea to get reinforcements in while the transfer window is open.  As discussed above, two injuries seem to have brought about a total collapse from Dundee United, we don't want to risk that.

Also nothing wrong with starting to build for next season.  There is plenty of room for improvement still (as witnessed v Aberdeen), we shouldn't stop striving to improve just because United are falling apart.

7 hours ago, saintargyll said:

I agree that our squad is strong already but if i was being really greedy then i would be looking at a big strong mobile striker to allow us to mix it up now and again. Sutton no longer fits that description and he's never really been that mobile. The way that Jack sets up his team requires his players to be quick and mobile and i think that this kind of addition, while not essential, would definitely strengthen our attacking options.

I agree that our squad is strong already but if i was being really greedy then i would be looking at a big strong mobile striker to allow us to mix it up now and again. Sutton no longer fits that description and he's never really been that mobile. The way that Jack sets up his team requires his players to be quick and mobile and i think that this kind of addition, while not essential, would definitely strengthen our attacking options.

Danny Mullen?

Its down to players at the end of the day. They hold the power. What we done on Friday and what happened saturday with utd has made us very appealing to some players that may see us as a sure thing for the Premier League next season. Jack started building for promotion a year ago. Maybe he is looking ahead at having a team who should be a safe bet to survive in the Prem with little tinkering in the summer.

Only my opinion of course but i think JR is already a transfer window ahead of us. Which is why in JR i trust.

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Think most teams would collapse when losing guys who are the heart of the side like Fyvie and Fraser. 

Also, you're not replacing guys like Fyvie with a like for like at this level. Similar to us if we lost McGinn, we'd have no chance of a comparable replacement. 

Cannot buy into this excuse for United about injuries.

From July to Xmas we had a porous, make-shift defence due to injuries to Davis and Mackenzie. From July to Xmas we had a player each week that was making up the numbers due to Magennis being injured - take your pick from Sutton, Stewart, Kirkpatrick, Stelios, Todd, Carrick and young players like O'Keefe, Macpherson and Whyte . During this time of our make-shift team, Utd had Fyvie and Fraser fit. But WE were still top of the League even when they have Fraser and Fyvie playing every week!

And we had no transfer window to do anything about our injuries - Utd have. They have brought in players like Slater, Stanton, Lyng, Mikkelson to bolster their squad - all experienced pros.  So their injuries is not a reason but a poor excuse and no team is immune to injury problems. We just have a better squad.

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Hopefully big Ross benefits from his loan at Alloa gets a few more goals and is back ready to flourish in the Premier.

9 hours ago, saintargyll said:

In terms of squad development I always feel if you're not going forwards you're going backwards.

If the right guy is available within our budget then I'd go for him.

Having said that I wasn't broken-hearted to miss out on Mikkleson although I accept he's more of a JackRoss player than Sutton who I expect will see out his contract at Saints.

I know I'm in a minority on this issue but my priority at present would be another CH. :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

In terms of squad development I always feel if you're not going forwards you're going backwards.

If the right guy is available within our budget then I'd go for him.

Having said that I wasn't broken-hearted to miss out on Mikkleson although I accept he's more of a JackRoss player than Sutton who I expect will see out his contract at Saints.

I know I'm in a minority on this issue but my priority at present would be another CH. :ph34r:

TWO centre halves and Jai Quitongo. 

That's where fan ownership could lead if we're not careful!

11 points clear at the top of the league ,13 games to go and 3 of the next 4 at home ( 43 goals scored so far this season)

I just dont see the need for a striker in this window

If i were Gavin Reilly or Cammy Smith reading through this and other threads I'd be saying "What the f**k do i need to do to please these fans"?

With Mullen and Sutton as back up with 13 games to go i think we are ok

just my opinion mind you

Just now, pod said:

Think it could be more to it than that.  Wee fall outs in the dressing possibly.  

Maybe, but I am a bit pissed off when fans and media talk about Utd's injury difficulties as if they are the only Club that has ever had important players injured. Besides Davis and Magennis we have also had MacKenzie, Eckersley, Irvine, Todd and Hilson all out for reasonable amounts of time.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Maybe, but I am a bit pissed off when fans and media talk about Utd's injury difficulties as if they are the only Club that has ever had important players injured. Besides Davis and Magennis we have also had MacKenzie, Eckersley, Irvine, Todd and Hilson all out for reasonable amounts of time.

Is that the same media that had them down as favourites. :lol:   

1 hour ago, saintargyll said:

11 points clear at the top of the league ,13 games to go and 3 of the next 4 at home ( 43 goals scored so far this season)

I just dont see the need for a striker in this window

If i were Gavin Reilly or Cammy Smith reading through this and other threads I'd be saying "What the f**k do i need to do to please these fans"?

With Mullen and Sutton as back up with 13 games to go i think we are ok

just my opinion mind you

Jack has spoken a couple of times in recent weeks about trying to get another attacking player in. I happen to agree with him. I doubt any player will be reading forums, and if they were, they'd have to be pretty thin skinned to take offence.

I'd be surprised if we didn't make another attempt to bring in that other attacking player this week.

As said earlier in the thread, we should always be looking to bring in quality players, always improving the squad. Can't afford to rest on our laurels.

Edited by Soctty