Jump to content

faraway saint

Livingston v St Mirren 17th Feb

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Sonny said:

So we have a midfield of McGinn and McShane. McGinn has started every League game this season. McShane has started in all bar one when he was rested and Magennis was brought in but even then he came on as a sub.  This is the midfield that has taken us to 14 points clear including beating Livi twice - once with 10 men. But some are suggesting that one of them is dropped for Hill - an inexperienced  guy who has never played a full League game in his life? I am glad Jack is the manager.  :)

I don't think there's any chance of Hill starting , but if he did it would more likely be for Flynn with a tactical change in the formation. , with Hill sitting behind Magennis , McGinn and Morgan , won't happen though !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, whydowebother said:

I don’t think that this game will be as close as many think.

I think Saints will send a very clear message to the chasing pack with a comfortable victory.

Livingston 1-4 St Mirren

I think so too. We've had a rest and they've already used one of their games in hand and dropped points, a win on Saturday leaves them to fight it out for the play off positions. We have only one focus now... keep winning and we can't be caught no matter what, i think that's the mentality everyone at the club has just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, billyg said:

I don't think there's any chance of Hill starting , but if he did it would more likely be for Flynn with a tactical change in the formation. , with Hill sitting behind Magennis , McGinn and Morgan , won't happen though !

Aye. And changing a winning formation is as bad as changing a winning team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think so too. We've had a rest and they've already used one of their games in hand and dropped points, a win on Saturday leaves them to fight it out for the play off positions. We have only one focus now... keep winning and we can't be caught no matter what, i think that's the mentality everyone at the club has just now.
Think we will get a longer rest. can't see this game being on if this weather keeps up. we know how bad the pitch is there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

FFS what is this thread turning into!! They will kick us off the park, we don't have enough height, we are not strong enough, we should change a winning team and now the pitch isn't in our favour!!!

Thankfully no one on this thread will be doing the team talk on Saturday :lol

Livingston are big, strong well organised and seem to have team spirit. But they do not have players anywhere near the quality of St Mirren! This team is on a run that few supporters will EVER have seen. Have a bit of confidence FFS :clapping

No lack of confidence on my part Mr O but neither would I be complacent. Our form has been outstanding and we have further strengthened our squad. 

Livvy don't tend to leak goals even when under severe pressure. They are well organised and both work and tackle hard.

Their route to the top league, of they have one is through a sound defensive record allied to the above.

Our defensive record has improved and we have an excellent goals scored record. 

My prediction would be a cautious one.... Saints not to lose. A win is possible however.

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

No lack of confidence on my part Mr O but neither would I be complacent. Our form has been outstanding and we have further strengthened our squad. 

Livvy don't tend to leak goals even when under severe pressure. They are well organised and both work and tackle hard.

Their route to the top league, of they have one is through a sound defensive record allied to the above.

Our defensive record has improved and we have an excellent goals scored record. 

My prediction would be a cautious one.... Saints not to lose. A win is possible however.

Ricky say hello to Humpty Dumpty on that fence of yours :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
4 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:
I think so too. We've had a rest and they've already used one of their games in hand and dropped points, a win on Saturday leaves them to fight it out for the play off positions. We have only one focus now... keep winning and we can't be caught no matter what, i think that's the mentality everyone at the club has just now.

Think we will get a longer rest. can't see this game being on if this weather keeps up. we know how bad the pitch is there.

It's meant to be 6 or 7 degrees and sunny, will definitely be on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ricky say hello to Humpty Dumpty on that fence of yours :D

Lol. I will.

More seriously. 

Great to win of course but this is one not to lose. ... in my opinion. I attended the Livvy v DAFC game to have a look at both teams. DAFC are better to watch but Livvy are effective show stoppers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Lol. I will.

More seriously. 

Great to win of course but this is one not to lose. ... in my opinion. I attended the Livvy v DAFC game to have a look at both teams. DAFC are better to watch but Livvy are effective show stoppers.

Well that's impressive...... ok I hear Pars had many chances ?

 

Livi have done superb, they have a good big team just don't think they like playing us, as we are small and fast............. we also have a great record there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Hello, Is anyone there??? We have a match on Saturday can you all leave the Barnsley/Jack Ross thread and come over here and play, I'm feeling really lonely??? Please???.

Are we really playing on Saturday though????

What paper/ media  did you read that in ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...