faraway saint

Livingston v St Mirren 17th Feb

In case no one has noticed we have played Livi twice (some of it with ten men)... 2 wins, 6 goals scored, 2 goals conceded.6 points.
We have played United 3 times .. 2 wins, 1 defeat 6 goals scored, 2 conceded and 6 points.
So I think we managed fine without Mark Hill. He has never started a game for celtic and has played 2 minutes in the championship is 19 years old and some of you think he is going to start in a team that has  not lost a game since December 2nd! Really? Its time for experience so I will choose from McGinn, McShane, Flynn and Magennis for the engine room with Hill on the bench as backup. 
Where I do agree is the game on Saturday will be a battle, but so were the previos two games against them.

Absolutely no issue with your post whatsoever, I’m just getting nervous now with our key games coming up, coupled with reading the report from yesterday’s Livi game that they were throwing their weight about somewhat, just worried that they try and kick us off the park. In fairness though McGinn,Magennis & Eckersley can certainly get stuck in!!

8 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

In case no one has noticed we have played Livi twice (some of it with ten men)... 2 wins, 6 goals scored, 2 goals conceded.6 points.

We have played United 3 times .. 2 wins, 1 defeat 6 goals scored, 2 conceded and 6 points.

So I think we managed fine without Mark Hill. He has never started a game for celtic and has played 2 minutes in the championship is 19 years old and some of you think he is going to start in a team that has  not lost a game since December 2nd! Really? Its time for experience so I will choose from McGinn, McShane, Flynn and Magennis for the engine room with Hill on the bench as backup. 

Where I do agree is the game on Saturday will be a battle, but so were the previos two games against them.

Magennis moving into the middle has made a big difference as you wrote our engine room should not be changed.

1 hour ago, RichardBuddie said:

Absolutely no issue with your post whatsoever, I’m just getting nervous now with our key games coming up, coupled with reading the report from yesterday’s Livi game that they were throwing their weight about somewhat, just worried that they try and kick us off the park. In fairness though McGinn,Magennis & Eckersley can certainly get stuck in!!

TBH you're nervous about most games. :rolleyes:

TBH you're nervous about most games. :rolleyes:

Ha ha, I can’t deny I’m bricking myself until we have that title. yesterday’s result helped a bit as it has basically finished Dunfermline, we win on Saturday and we can absolutely forget Livingston, my fear is we get beat Saturday which would give Them a wee bit of hope and then Dundee Utd get their tails up.

All if’s and but’s I know, point being if they start putting the boot in on Saturday? We don’t want any key guys injured going into the business end of the season.

2 hours ago, RichardBuddie said:

Yep we are buddies so being nervous comes with the job!! But this team and the management team are quite simply the best in the division and I am as confident as you get being a St Mirren supporter. 

United have an easier run in. They play Queen of the South (who always go into freefall at this time of the season and seem to have problems) 3 times and Dumbarton who are awful twice. But lets be honest it's not about any other team now. 

And I have no doubt Livi will attempt to kick us off the park on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I would like us to try Magennis and McGinn as holding midfielder and Smith , Hippolyte and Morgan playing behind Reilly , think the pace of that front four would create problems for Livvy

Someone else who wants to change a team that hasn't lost since December2!! I'm assuming you drop the experience of McShane or Flynn for Hippolyte which is not going to happen. 

What it does show is how well Jack did in the January window when you look at what is on the bench. Much more strength in depth.

9 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

JB.

I has no doubts when I saw it.

Could be wrong of course but think not.

Deserved red card.

You're right Ricky (see below): David Hopkin's talking pish. Can't see them winning that appeal. Another one of their midfielders (Shaun Byrne) received 7 stitches for a facial injury last night, so they might be struggling a bit in the centre of the park.

So we have a midfield of McGinn and McShane. McGinn has started every League game this season. McShane has started in all bar one when he was rested and Magennis was brought in but even then he came on as a sub.  This is the midfield that has taken us to 14 points clear including beating Livi twice - once with 10 men. But some are suggesting that one of them is dropped for Hill - an inexperienced  guy who has never played a full League game in his life? I am glad Jack is the manager.  :)

28 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

You're right Ricky (see below): David Hopkin's talking pish. Can't see them winning that appeal. Another one of their midfielders (Shaun Byrne) received 7 stitches for a facial injury last night, so they might be struggling a bit in the centre of the park.

That game is enough to get football stopped. 2 terrible teams on a cow field.

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Was just thinking that. Bloody awful.

Sounds decent enough to me . I'd watch that before Tottenham v Arsenal at Wembley.

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Sounds decent enough to me . I'd watch that before Tottenham v Arsenal at Wembley.

I'd watch any Scottish football before a game from another country. Still dosn't make the Livi v Dunf game a decent watch.

Red card correct IMO.

Probably our biggest problem next week will be the terrible pitch.

Imo the worst performance's we have had in last 12 months or so has been on similarly terrible pitches (Kirkcaldy & Aberdeen).

As for the Red Card that was a shocker of a challenge can't believe Hopkin and one of his background team had a go at the ref.

2 hours ago, munoz said:

No disagreement from me and I paid my way on to watch it. Stats show Livvy committed 18 fouls in a match where the ref tried hard to keep play moving. Also hardly made a forward move in the match. Look at stats for shots. DAFC were parked in their half during the second 45 minutes. 

Edited by St.Ricky

FFS what is this thread turning into!! They will kick us off the park, we don't have enough height, we are not strong enough, we should change a winning team and now the pitch isn't in our favour!!!

Thankfully no one on this thread will be doing the team talk on Saturday :lol

Livingston are big, strong well organised and seem to have team spirit. But they do not have players anywhere near the quality of St Mirren! This team is on a run that few supporters will EVER have seen. Have a bit of confidence FFS :clapping