Saint Mirren v Dundee 4th August 2018

St.Ricky

What concerns me more is the appearance or otherwise of our two Showbiz Stars (Cook & Heaton) , if neither starts today then Stubbsy should be tarred & feathered and made to ride the rail.
As a wise woman said "what will be, will be"...……………………….. 

Did you feel the same when last season’s Showbiz Stars, Kirkpatrick & Stewart didn’t start?

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Did you feel the same when last season’s Showbiz Stars, Kirkpatrick & Stewart didn’t start?

In what way were they Showbiz Stars?

I’ve made it clear that the signing of Cook & Heaton were a distraction at a time when we should’ve been concentrating on players with sufficient experience to slot straight into the first team.

If Heaton doesn't start today Stubbsy should be made to cough up the transfer fee before frontier justice is applied.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Well we're back with the big boys. Met two Dundee fans on NB platform also on route to the game.

They are not that confident about their season but hopeful today. They've signed two mid field buzz bombs who are lively in the middle of the park (Just found out one of them is our trialist for Sunderland so hopefully more like damp squibs) but they reckon Dundee are no threat up front.

So big away support two teams with a lot to prove and the North Bank having to prove we're a premier league support.

Oh aye and stubbsy showing us he is the man. COYS we're back. Looking forward to it.

This is what Saturdays are for.
[emoji482] [emoji482] [emoji482] [emoji460]

In what way were they Showbiz Stars? I’ve made it clear that the signing of Cook & Heaton were a distraction at a time when we should’ve been concentrating on players with sufficient experience to slot straight into the first team. If Heaton doesn't start today Stubbsy should be made to cough up the transfer fee before frontier justice is applied.

A simple yes or no would have sufficed

Showbiz Stars is your own made up meaningless term.

Kirkpatrick and Stewart were part time lower division signings like Cooke and Heaton.

JR made countless signings. I’m pretty sure that Kirkpatrick & Stewart didn’t distract him from signing other players

I’m pretty sure that signing Heaton & Cooke made no difference at all to Stubbs hunt for new players

In addition, your attempts at pozbaird style humour are cringeworthy! [emoji867][emoji12]

It would of (sic) if the players were comparable.

Stubbsy’s overpriced gimmick signings versus a coupla squad players. default_1eye.gif

Anyway off to the game now, I will be around to deconstruct your nonsense again tomorrow. default_bye1.gif

Not sure how you know that Heaton & Cooke are overpriced?

Do you know what they are getting paid and how that compares with the rest of the squad?

Was Jim Kellerman a distraction for JR? Should he not have been concentrating on signing other player? Is Kellerman a gimmick and overpriced?

You are beginning to sound more and more like pozbaird with every post.

You don’t like us signing players that you’ve never personally heard of and you are now throwing in cringeworthy attempts at humour.

At least you aren’t abusive towards fellow buds mind you, nor go you make racist jokes. [emoji12]

Have fun at the game. Hope Stubbs gets it right up you! [emoji106]

I sometimes wonder why some so called supporters go to the games.

Every person on here, irrespective of how critical they are of the team, manager, players, BOD etc online will be screaming themselves hoarse supporting their team today, if they can make it.

If we lose the recriminations will start around 5.50pm and will continue long into the night.

For now, let’s put all that shite to one side and get behind the team.

8 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

I see Alex Rae has wished all of his former clubs, good luck for the new season. Except St Mirren what a bitter wee fud he is.  :lol: 

Nice one. A good luck message from that bawbag could result in the kiss of death. 

A bad result today is rectifiable - we lost our first game last time we returned to the top flight (2-1 away to ICT) and survived.
What concerns me more is the appearance or otherwise of our two Showbiz Stars (Cook & Heaton) , if neither starts today then Stubbsy should be tarred & feathered and made to ride the rail.

Have you been at the babycham? We beat ICT and followed it up the following week by beating Motherwell.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

A bad result today is rectifiable - we lost our first game last time we returned to the top flight (2-1 away to ICT) and survived.

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Didn’t we win it 2-1?

We did win 2-1... More nonsense, drivel, rubbish, crap, piffle and bollocks (I know you enjoyed my last set of synonyms:D) from  Bud the Baker. 

As a wise man once said "If you don't have anything intelligent to say best to say nothing".........:P

Have you been at the babycham? We beat ICT and followed it up the following week by beating Motherwell.

IIRC the first quarter of that season was excellent (14 points maybe?) and that good start was what gave us a glimmer of hope mid season when the arse fell out and we couldn’t buy a win, setting up the Great Escape at Fir Park.

Happy days![emoji106]

11 minutes ago, Luther G. Presley said:

Have we ever been so unprepared going into the first league game of the season.
We are going to need the same performance we had against Kilmarnock if we are going to take anything here.
Got to say I’d be happy with a point.

Depends what you mean by "unprepared".

If you mean, lacking in key players, then possibly.

I remember us signing Charlie Adam and John Sutton on the last day of the transfer window.....................

Which team will turn up for the Saints today - Jeckyll or Hyde?

Obviously a repeat of the Kilmarnock/Dumbarton form will see us getting at least a point.

However, not many teams have come through the pre-season preparations on the back of 0-6/6-0  results within a period of a week.

Let's hope that it is Dr Jeckyll that turns up today and that he is wearing the number 9 jersey!

Depends what you mean by "unprepared".
If you mean, lacking in key players, then possibly.
I remember us signing Charlie Adam and John Sutton on the last day of the transfer window.....................

Irrespective of today’s result Stubbs still has a few weeks to bring in what is required. I absolutely get that.

Whilst I’m cognisant of the challenges bringing decent quality to a small club brings I still believe we should be pretty much there in terms of personnel by the first game of the league season, not 3 weeks after it starts.

6 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Irrespective of today’s result Stubbs still has a few weeks to bring in what is required. I absolutely get that.

Whilst I’m cognisant of the challenges bringing decent quality to a small club brings I still believe we should be pretty much there in terms of personnel by the first game of the league season, not 3 weeks after it starts.

Ideally yes.

As I've pointed out, it doesn't always turn out that way, and players that become pivotal to the success of a team are often brought on board at a later point. Hopefully, that will happen early next week.

Been a pretty tumultuous close and pre season.

The concerning thing is I think most Saints fans would agree that our squad today is weaker than the one that finished last season. And I think most would agree that the squad that finished last season would have needed improvement to compete in the Premiership.

We lost arguably our two best players in Morgan and Davies and they haven’t really been replaced with any proven performers at this level. Ross Stewart will almost certainly feature today, he was sent on loan to Alloa last season cause he couldn’t get near the team.

Thankfully we have a few weeks till the end of the window to resolve this. Unfortunately we have two important home games against teams I suspect will be around us at the bottom come the end of the season before the end of the month. Dundee today and Livi on the 25th.

We can’t be losing either of these games. Would take a point today to get us on the board and then back to market in the week.

1-1.

ffs you’ll be joining him then