St Mirren v Hearts 24 November 2018

St.Ricky

Hearts top the League at the time of posting but have lost key players to injury and a few games as a result. They will bring a large support. 

Will be another stern test but not one to fear.  Looking forward to it already. 

Edited by St.Ricky

9 hours ago, guinness said:

Stop playing hodson and mcginn.one or the other. Neither can play midfield.

Sadly the previous manager saw fit to sign a RB [in Hodson] to play LB, after it was discovered that Hayden whatshisname proved not to be good enough  . Unfortunately Hodson is shite in the latter position.

Until Eckersley is fit, or we sign a LB in January, we're going to have an imbalanced back four.

Erhahon has done O.K. so far, playing out of position, but yesterday he was caught on the wrong side of Kallman which led directly to their equaliser.

Maybe Eckersley, if he doesn't manage to get injured again, might be fit for the Hearts game.

6 hours ago, shull said:

Injuries are catching up with Heart of Midlothian and they are on a downward spiral and seem fecked. 

We can overtake them as the Season progresses. 

St Mirren 2 Hearts 0

Crowd 5287

I like your optimistic outlook.  Not only that,  results elsewhere show that Hearts have been faltering of late after a fantastic start to the season,  during which they saw us off with ease at Tynecastle. Overtaking them might be a tad overoptimistic even for me. All I want to see us do is to obtain sufficient points to stay up, if possible avoiding the play offs. I think you might be just about right about the crowd. 

The REALIST view    - Knowing how bad we can be at creating chances or scoring in the opposition net - it is hard to believe that we can take anything out of this game except for not taking a pounding to our goal difference.

The OPTIMIST view  - Knowing how Saints down the years throw away points to the teams round about and below us BUT somehow win glorious points in the unlikely games.  (e.g. the 1 against Tic in the 0  v   0 which was OK's 1st game in charge).  Just maybe we can win this 1 v 0 or 2 v 1 or catch a draw?

Glad Magennis is back and looking like a "new" (great) signing. 

I think we need to set up like we did against Tic and shut them down in the 1st half - then since we only play one half well - pound them in the second half.. the fans raise the roof and the Saints go Marching in... I want to be in that number   etc. etc. 

I need to go and lie down after this . . .  but we need to collect points and get near to Hamilton in order to pass them... this is the goal for the season - them and Dee below us..

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I don't get into the "picking the team" games but I'm going to stick my neck out here............

Samson not in goal against Hearts. 

10 other players running around.

And 2 or 3 falling down for no good reason.

On 11/12/2018 at 6:32 PM, Sweeper07 said:

The REALIST view    - Knowing how bad we can be at creating chances or scoring in the opposition net - it is hard to believe that we can take anything out of this game except for not taking a pounding to our goal difference.

The OPTIMIST view  - Knowing how Saints down the years throw away points to the teams round about and below us BUT somehow win glorious points in the unlikely games.  (e.g. the 1 against Tic in the 0  v   0 which was OK's 1st game in charge).  Just maybe we can win this 1 v 0 or 2 v 1 or catch a draw?

Glad Magennis is back and looking like a "new" (great) signing. 

I think we need to set up like we did against Tic and shut them down in the 1st half - then since we only play one half well - pound them in the second half.. the fans raise the roof and the Saints go Marching in... I want to be in that number   etc. etc. 

I need to go and lie down after this . . .  but we need to collect points and get near to Hamilton in order to pass them... this is the goal for the season - them and Dee below us..

Not sure about the first part, tynecastle was the one place this season we created a lot of chances, it was the taking off them that proved the problem.

From Playing Brazil to Playing St Mirren

Brazil to Paisley: A week’s football for Hearts midfielder Arnaud Djoum

From Brazil, Neymar and the Samba to St Mirren away in Paisley. That is the stark contrast facing Hearts midfielder Arnaud Djoum as he goes from international duty with Cameroon back to Ladbrokes Premiership reality. Yesterday he flew out of Edinburgh destined for Casablanca, where Cameroon face Morocco in a friendly on Friday night. Then it’s back to Britain to take on the famous yellow, blue and green juggernaut – complete with world luminaries like Philippe Coutinho, Douglas Costa, Gabriel Jesus and Marcelo. Arnaud Djoum didn't enjoy much luck against Kilmarnock Brazil’s friendly with Cameroon takes place at stadium mk in Milton Keynes a week tonight. Four days later, Djoum will find himself in the middle of an almighty scrap with one of the Premiership’s relegation favourites. He offers a wry chuckle at the divergence of playing Brazil and St Mirren back-to-back. “That’s football. You need to take every game like a good professional,” says the 29-year-old, speaking exclusively to the Evening News. “It is good to play against big players but when I go back to Hearts I really need to be focused. The last few weeks have been tough and St Mirren is going to be important for us to get back to winning. “Playing Brazil is a little bit like a dream. You normally only see these guys in the Champions League or big international games on television. To play against them will be something special for me and I’m really excited. I will try to just enjoy the moment because this kind of experience doesn’t happen too often in your career. “I was happy when I saw the game is close to London. Afterwards, I can just go back to Edinburgh and get ready for the next game with Hearts. I don’t need to travel back from Brazil or Cameroon or have a ten-hour flights. The timing is perfect for me.” Neymar is in the Brazil squad which will head for Milton Keynes After tenaciously fighting back from six months out with a snapped Achilles tendon, Djoum is entitled to feel he has earned his place opposite such footballing royalty. This is his first Cameroon call-up since that horrible moment when he collapsed on the turf at Ross County in February. It has been an arduous process to return, so he can feel his place against graniose opposition is justified. “Maybe, yeah. You know me, I’m a hard worker. My mentality is always to work hard and try to always give my best. Maybe I deserve this. I always think that good things will come to you if you work hard. That’s what I’ve done and now I’m just happy to be there. “I am away with Cameroon and I try to think more about that for the next week. It has been a while since I was selected but I am back in the squad now and I’m happy about that. “These are nice games against Morocco and Brazil. It will be a good experience for me to play against these players.” The highlight of Djoum’s career remains last year’s Africa Cup of Nations victory with his country. He will forever be idolised as a sporting legend in Cameroon as a result, and he was welcomed back into the national fold with open arms. This is his first time working with new coach Clarence Seedorf, a man who knows a thing or two about football superstardom himself. “It’s not easy because Cameroon have a lot of good players playing all over the world, in Europe and elsewhere,” says Djoum. “It was tough being out but I was not even thinking about being called up again. When I saw my name I was really pleased and proud because I have come so far from a really long injury. I’m really proud about that and now I just want to go out and enjoy playing for my country.” Hearts defender Jamie Brandon set to resume... Hearts trolled Rangers by playing ‘Simply the... Hearts’ recent results haven’t brought much pleasure for Djoum or his club colleagues. The midfielder is satisfied with his own contribution despite three defeats and a draw in the last four matches. He feels he is now recapturing top form after such a lengthy absence. “I feel much better. I played in [central] midfield again on Saturday, so I feel more comfortable. You touch the ball more in there so I can try to create chances. I’m happy with my form now. I just want to continue and get better results and maybe score more goals myself as well.” He welcomes the international break and the chance to focus on other tasks. The last few weeks at Riccarton have been testing with Hearts displaced at top of the Premiership for the first time this season as a result of weekend scorelines. The 1-0 home defeat by Kilmarnock left everyone inside Tynecastle Park bursting with frustration, so the distraction of international business is a useful one for Djoum at this precise moment. “It’s good for me to have a break, just to change my mind a little bit and come back fresh,” he explains. “It’s a break for everyone and that will be good because the last two weeks have been tough for us. “There have been a lot of hard results so I think this break has come at a good time. Everyone can go back home or go to the national team, think about other things and then come back fresh for the rest of the season.” He can’t afford to dwell on Saturday’s events too much given the magnitude of Cameroon’s forthcoming opponents – one in particular. Nonetheless, he acknowledges Hearts’ need for more of a spark in the final third of the pitch. That issue may well be addressed on the training pitch whilst Djoum and others are off attending to international business. “It was a frustrating afternoon for us on Saturday. We dominated the game and had more possession, but we didn’t create enough chances. “Kilmarnock were sitting very deep and waiting for us on the edge of the box. Then they played on the counter-attack. It was hard for us to find the right passes and combinations in the final third. I think we made a lot of bad choices in that area and that was our main difficulty.”

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/brazil-to-paisley-a-week-s-football-for-hearts-midfielder-arnaud-djoum-1-4828658

Couple of Rothesay Hearts supporters coming with me next Saturday one  retired  and his son with learning disabilities both are very nice people. The old man tells me about great St Mirren players of the 50's . They don't drink alcohol but going to take them to the 1877 club show us off a wee bit.