The International Rangers v St Mirren - 2nd February 2019

It really is beyond a joke that no action has been taken against Defoe. Excuses I’ve heard; “But he got straight back up.” “He didn’t claim for it.” “He went down because he anticipated contact.” He dived. End off. 4 match ban. 3 points deducted for teams that have 3 players done for diving. Until they take a hardline on diving, it will continue to be one of the biggest growing scourges in our game. Of course we could bring all this in and Sevco players would still get away with murder. Our game has been corrupt for generations unfortunately.

Guest TPAFKATS
It really is beyond a joke that no action has been taken against Defoe. Excuses I’ve heard; “But he got straight back up.” “He didn’t claim for it.” “He went down because he anticipated contact.” He dived. End off. 4 match ban. 3 points deducted for teams that have 3 players done for diving. Until they take a hardline on diving, it will continue to be one of the biggest growing scourges in our game. Of course we could bring all this in and Sevco players would still get away with murder. Our game has been corrupt for generations unfortunately.

Unfortunately these excuses make it difficult to ban Defoe IMO.He's a wily experienced professional, or diving bawbag. If SFA compliance officer was consistent and referree was competent it wouldn't be an issue.

Probably not going to be a popular view on here, but I don’t think Defoe dived. Well, not in a way as to con the ref on a premeditated basis. I think he genuinely did “anticipate contact” and went down in a reactive way, immediately got back up when he realised there had been no contact and chased after the ball. Not the slightest hint of a claim. 

I don’t hold Defoe responsible at all for that penalty. I hold Dallas 100% responsible for either an inexplicably incompetent decision or for being a corrupt, cheating khunt. Only Dallas knows which of those is true. 

10 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Probably not going to be a popular view on here, but I don’t think Defoe dived. Well, not in a way as to con the ref on a premeditated basis. I think he genuinely did “anticipate contact” and went down in a reactive way, immediately got back up when he realised there had been no contact and chased after the ball. Not the slightest hint of a claim. 

I don’t hold Defoe responsible at all for that penalty. I hold Dallas 100% responsible for either an inexplicably incompetent decision or for being a corrupt, cheating khunt. Only Dallas knows which of those is true. 

I’m not sure about that Bud. One of the photos being touted by the orcs to defend him actually sees him hang out his left left as if looking for contact . To me he does just that, realises there has been no contact so might get booked then gets back to his feet as he knew he’d made a James of himself . I think he was as surprised as anyone not to see  yellow card coming his way.

So (IMO) he knew what he wanted to achieve and the f**king idiot Dallas was just itching to give the orcs new engerlish “superstar” a warm Masonic welcome to Scotland .

• two people at fault, no one to blame :angry::angry::angry:
Edited by Callum Gilhooley

51 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

My personal take on it is the he’s 100% responsible for it.....I accept he anticipated contact but he decided to embellish it or make the most of it to gain an advantage, I don’t actually have an issue with that. He therefore is trying to influence the referee and it doesn’t come off for him and is left simulating contact and should be a booking

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

He "stumbled " which is quite an achievment . Dallas knew exactly what he was doing. the 5th pen, would have been a world record but he actually missed it waving to Mr King

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Dallas doesn't have any decision to make if Defoe stays on his feet. I thought he went down easily for the first penalty, Erhahon sticks his foot out, contact is made but its not a kick or trip, and he goes down at the slightest contact... in the 80's players would have been embarrassed to go to ground over such an innocuous challenge - these days its a stonewall penalty.

And at the other side of the equation there is a big debate about whether Tansey's hands were in an un-natural position for the handball. I'd readily suggest that as a good modern day striker Defoe was in an un-natural position for the 1st 2 penalties in hitting the deck when there is slight contact or no contact.

14 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I thought this until I looked back. I now think Dallas was so quick to blow the whistle Defoe thought he was being punished for the dive and tried to limit his punishment by immediately getting back up. He was mistakenly thinking a reasonable, honest referee was in charge and he  was in danger of being cautioned.