St.Ricky

Livingston v St Mirren 8 December 2018

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Keeper was weak at both the first and the third goals

The keeper is garbage a blind man could see that after the game against Sunderland..  has Oran seen the tape of that game ?  probably not as he`s playing him.  has Rodgers actually made a save yet ? ? ?  we really are in big trouble...  unless maybe we can persuade Sir Alex out of retirement, could probably be doing with another first team coach  :( 

3 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

The keeper is garbage a blind man could see that after the game against Sunderland..  has Oran seen the tape of that game ?  probably not as he`s playing him.  has Rodgers actually made a save yet ? ? ?  we really are in big trouble...  unless maybe we can persuade Sir Alex out of retirement, could probably be doing with another first team coach  :( 

Well, he did make a couple of good saves against Hearts.  Agree he's not good enough, though he doesn't really get much protection from the guys in front of him.

7 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

If we were basing our selections off that game we’d be out on Greenhill Road at 2pm every other Saturday asking who has boots.

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Livie forum quite decent, except the trumpet that said Sam(p)son was our weak link. :lol:

We get the first goal and I think they will crack.

Exciting. 

http://liviroom.forumotion.com/t657-livi-v-st-mirren

Called that right

Saft as shite

0/12 from games against Livi and Hamilton nowhere good enough

20 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Not really. Were we ever 1-0 up in a league game at HT under you-know-who this season?

We've gone from looking unlikely to take a point against anyone bar Dundee, to now giving ourselves a chance. I do think one of our potentially fatal weaknesses this season in terms of premiership survival is taking 0 points against the teams around us - eg Livi beat us at home and went on a great run which might be enough to keep them safe for the season, Accies 2 wins against us have lifted them 4 points clear of us, Motherwell went on a short decent run of wins after getting their first win against us.

Under Kearney we have an odd habit of doing well against some of the better teams in the league, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs whilst looking miles behind Hamilton, Livingston and Motherwell in the big 'relegation 6 pointers'.

Maybe the way forward is to have Kearney as manager for the first half followed by you-know-who in charge for the second half? :P

While we've "done well" against Hearts and Hibs you have failed to mention they were both in free fall when we played them, not quite on their early season form.

It's hard to see us getting a win before the end of the year, the Hibs game and todays game were, IMO, our best chance of getting wins before the January break. 

I do like your last idea, you're a tactical genius. :wink:

39 minutes ago, TopCat said:

See no one’s blaming the ref today, so full focus back on Stubbs!

Does that still work even though Livi are also on their third manager since promotion or...?

The guy who signs players and calls the shots has never moved

The "managers" are just figureheads

57 minutes ago, elvis said:

We have beem relegation certainties for weeks I honestly don't know how anyone could be positive about this team we are f**king hopeless we have managed to fluke some results but in the main we are rank rotten. 

Never mind, at least your big team won.

Whether you like him or not, Elvis is NOT wrong. We, at the moment, are cannon fodder for the teams around us. Dundee should have won first game of the season. We are, in the main, toothless, weak and indisciplined. We can't defend set pieces. We hardly trouble the opposition keeper and our keeper is clusterfcuk.

I really can't see a transfer window saving us. Dundee WILL be above us by the end of the year and I don't believe we will move from that spot in the following 5 months. Sad to say, we are goners.

Livi fans at Ryan Edwards  - "You're just a shite Jack Sparrow".
Nope, he's a shite Ryan Edwards.
First time I've heard them singing or heard of them singing.
Anyone know what the crowd was, and how many Buddies there ?

Edwards and Willock. Absolutely shocking. What we saw on the 2nd half today was embarrassing. They should all be ashamed of them selfs. Rogers should wonder how the 1st goal got by him. And the 3 to push the ball back into the 6 yard box is a schoolboy mistake. Apart from Erhahon and Jones the rest can go in Jan. Disgraceful

5 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

First time I've heard them singing or heard of them singing.
Anyone know what the crowd was, and how many Buddies there ?

1796. Just to that into context 4000 at Falkirk v Alloa. In the words of  A Lloyd Webber. Time to say Goodbye.... 

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

1796. Just to that into context 4000 at Falkirk v Alloa. In the words of  A Lloyd Webber. Time to say Goodbye.... 

Looked like a fraction of our away support there today from roughly one year ago.

It just shows you there is nothing like a winning team to get fans attending. We are nothing like a winning team just now sadly.

Nice try but no cigar as none of them were Allan Stubbs.
In any case, Livingston never allowed their previous manager to sign a plethora of lower league duds (instead they signed a handful of decent improvements to the squad) before being shipped out the door, unfortunately we did.
Anyone on here who wouldn't have liked to have signed Halket and Lamie before the season started ?

Many are speculating on who leaves in January.

Here's the real question. Who in the squad at the moment, would be a first  XI pick after January on the basis that we improve in the upcoming window?

For me, Magennis (if fit), P.McGinn (if fit), Ferdinand (erm....if fit), Hammill (if still here) and Jackson are the only guys in that squad I'd say are definitely cut out for Premiership football and consistently good enough.
I'm still hoping to see Gary Mac back in the New Year - be like a new signing.