Sign in to follow this  
Isle Of Bute Saint

Red Card Yesterday

Reading some crazy logic that because brad left the ground before there was contact then it’s not a foul it’s a dive.

That’s just crazy so if someone comes flying in two footed and you know it’s coming you have just to keep your legs planted and take the hit and chance of a broken leg.

The rules even state there doesn’t even need to be any contact for it to be a foul.

“IMPEDING THE PROGRESS OF AN OPPONENT WITHOUT CONTACT

Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the opponent’s path to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.

All players have a right to their position on the field of play; being in the way of an opponent is not the same as moving into the way of an opponent.

A player may shield the ball by taking a position between an opponent and the ball if the ball is within playing distance and the opponent is not held off with the arms or body. If the ball is within playing distance, the player may be fairly charged by an opponent.”

You can clearly see the Alloa defender in the replay he turns his right side into brads path as they get closer together so it’s a foul.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

But we could have won in more easily if he had stayed on the park - don't you think?

I was stating a fact. Your making an assumption.   

58 minutes ago, pod said:

I was stating a fact. Your making an assumption.   

2 hours ago, pod said:

We don't exactly know that yet. Early doors.   We won the game without him.

OK YOUR fact is almost true - he did actually play some of the match, but after he went off, we went from behind to winning. So I know where you are coming from.

But you never answered my question - is it better we play with 10 men than with Lyons in a team of 11? The point I am making is that he clearly showed that he has plenty to offer - it is just a shame it ended badly for him on Saturday.

It is no problem if you are not convinced yet - but I am a believer - I think he will contribute goals and assists that keep us up . . .  :guinness

I suspect we would both like that?

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

It is no problem if you are not convinced yet - but I am a believer - I think he will contribute goals and assists that keep us up . . .  :guinness

I suspect we would both like that?

Yes I would like to see him being successful. But he'll have to stay on the park for the 90 min's.

7 minutes ago, pod said:

Yes I would like to see him being successful. But he'll have to stay on the park for the 90 min's.

From what I can see - it is very untypical of him to have been sent off . :mellow:

5 hours ago, pod said:

They are  supporters for health or medical reasons that have never kicked a ball, get a lot of pleasure out of watching and supporting their club. 

Pod, I feel you are somewhat missing my point (perhaps deliberately) in order to score some completely unnecessary “PC” points. I know what I meant and I strongly suspect you do too. 

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

From what I can see - it is very untypical of him to have been sent off . :mellow:

Especially when he shouldn't have been sent off!

Even more evident when you watch the enlarged highlighted focus in the Alloa highlights package.

16 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Pod, I feel you are somewhat missing my point (perhaps deliberately) in order to score some completely unnecessary “PC” points. I know what I meant and I strongly suspect you do too. 

Not missing your point.  Your just not making it very clear.  Not in the slighted bit interested in point scoring.  

17 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

To me, his first booking just looked like a player who was over eager to impress on his debut. Trying to hard.

I think if he was ten games into his Saints career, it's a challenge he wouldn't have made.

Correct and I'm sure he'll what to prove he's better than that. 

18 minutes ago, pod said:

Not missing your point.  Your just not making it very clear.  Not in the slighted bit interested in point scoring.  

You are being a right wee nippy sweetie today. Are you on a particularly bad period? :P

I feel my point was very clear. 

If you’ve played football and know the the rules, you’d know that was an incorrect decision.

You seemed to be saying I was suggesting that if you haven’t played the game and didn’t know the rules, then you’ve got no place at a football match, which I clearly never said. 

I merely suggested that such a person may not be in a position to be strenuously offering forceful opinion on the correctness of the decision.

All very clear I think.

16 hours ago, FTOF said:

Especially when he shouldn't have been sent off!

Even more evident when you watch the enlarged highlighted focus in the Alloa highlights package.

I fully agree with you - it is just not that easy though at speed at the time for the ref to get it right 100% of the time - our fans are split on it and they have the slow videos to view. My point is he has a record of not getting sent off very often. I suspect he will be as careful as possible for the next wee while too.   :thumbs2 

Edited by Sweeper07
missing letter n

38 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You are being a right wee nippy sweetie today. Are you on a particularly bad period? :P

I feel my point was very clear. 

If you’ve played football and know the the rules, you’d know that was an incorrect decision.

You seemed to be saying I was suggesting that if you haven’t played the game and didn’t know the rules, then you’ve got no place at a football match, which I clearly never said. 

I merely suggested that such a person may not be in a position to be strenuously offering forceful opinion on the correctness of the decision.

That's not stopped many from going over the top with their opinions. Having and sharing opinions whether well or ill informed is what football fans do as I'm sure you will agree.

29 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Yup. That’s right Ricky. That’s why I’m stating that my opinion is that such a person has no right to put forward such a forceful opinion, if they don’t know the rules. That’s my opinion.

I vehemently uphold their right to have an opinion and for me to to tell them that their opinion (in view of not knowing the rules) is a load of pish!

On 1/20/2019 at 12:56 PM, StanleySaint said:
On 1/20/2019 at 12:21 PM, Yflab said:
Is Brad the first ever Saints debutant to be sent off?

No, Lewis Guy

Lewis scored and was red carded! That was a good debut.

Yup. That’s right Ricky. That’s why I’m stating that my opinion is that such a person has no right to put forward such a forceful opinion, if they don’t know the rules. That’s my opinion.
I vehemently uphold their right to have an opinion and for me to to tell them that their opinion (in view of not knowing the rules) is a load of pish!

Considering that make a living selling products you clearly don’t understand ( and kudos to you for being able to wing it), I think your “knowledge” on the rules of football can safely be ignored.

Fud.

35 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Considering that make a living selling products you clearly don’t understand ( and kudos to you for being able to wing it), I think your “knowledge” on the rules of football can safely be ignored. emoji1.png

Fud.

What a boring, one trick pony you are.

45 minutes ago, FTOF said:

According to today's PDE we will be appealing the booking.

Good news am I right in saying he can play against Celtic now ? Edit Just read a red card in cup games do not affect league games. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint