1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Shirley no . . . :magic

Do you know anyone called ALWAYS?

50 minutes ago, Paisleyporridge said:

As in “You’re right again honey” like. 

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Shirley no . . . :magic

Do you know anyone called ALWAYS?

Yes. And.....Day Off, Breakdown and others. But Mr Wright knows that there is a Mrs Always.

14 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I was in Paisley recently and in a well known big taxi firms vehicle. I asked the driver if he knew a taxi driver who was a St. Mirren supporter called Iain. He suggested four Ians, then the 5th one he gave a well known forum name and said that he is known as IAIN which stands for I Am 1 Numpty among some other names which I won't repeat on here.

He said that ** was always on his phone cause anyone who knows him is not daft enough to get into a conversation with him.  

He gave me a good laugh though and I gave him a big tip.      :D

Needs to be abusive cause his life is dull and he wants to hit out at people rather than man up and do something constructive with his empty stingy life before it is over and fully wasted … to be pitied rather than anything else!   :turtle (But ignored too - unless he seeks out help)

So who is going to be fit and in the team against Hearts? How will Oran set us up? AND will we win or take a point? :magic

The pool of fit players is growing... :ninja We will soon be marching in !!!!!

13 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Why do you say that? The pool of fit players is growing :wink:

And honesty is important to me . . .  Do you know him like? 

12 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

It doesn't mean that a Paisley taxi driver won't know him - maybe that is why he was the 5th Ian that he mentioned . . .:spud5

9 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

OR no taxi driver in Paisley knows any other taxi driver from Glasgow   . . . great logic  :spud6

This guy said he supported St. Mirren too and from what he said - he clearly knew who I was talking about...

So you going to say that there are no other taxi drivers who support St. Mirren next? 

Honestly - if he is your mate, sorry if I touched a raw nerve . . . but he is in the bin for good reason, and keeps reappearing to do the same stuff that gets him binned.

:guinness

9 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

It sounded to me like you were defending him as a friend. But you were just questioning the legitimacy of my claim. That is always fine with me :thumbs2

The Walter Mitty of the forum!

Cringe! :wacko:

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Edinburgh Evening News on line has a panel view of this game no surprise 1986 has been brought up by one of them. 

What I liked is how every panel member wrote off St Mirren. That should fuel expectation and crowd discontent if we stick it to them.

Edit: I still rembember Hearts fans of that era openly bawling their eyes out on the street (it might have been after a semi-loss to Aberdeen or someone).  They’re an emotional lot ...

Edited by Paisleyporridge

34 minutes ago, Paisleyporridge said:

What I liked is how every panel member wrote off St Mirren. That should fuel expectation and crowd discontent if we stick it to them.

Edit: I still rembember Hearts fans of that era openly bawling their eyes out on the street (it might have been after a semi-loss to Aberdeen or someone).  They’re an emotional lot ...

Have to say , Hearts did stick with the club and  it really did look like they were dead a few years back. Its a cracking stadia, great atmosphere, great pubs near by. We can do upsets there, and I hope the players have belief after last week.

I will be supporting Hibs tonight, and yes i also remember 1986 well, they do tend to forget they got beat that day as well

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Edinburgh Evening News on line has a panel view of this game no surprise 1986 has been brought up by one of them. 

They really are obsessed with this.

The English don't miss an opportunity to mention 1966, but to even be fair to them they had actually won something that day! Hearts just embarrassed themselves by failing to get a simple win at Dens Park to win the league. You'd think they would want to keep it quiet, not bang on about it any time they play us :lol:

Another thread going waaay off topic. 
Announce moderation [emoji38]
As for the game, need to play similar to how we played in Aberdeen. No defensive errors or we will be punished. Not confident but we shall see how it goes. Mon the Saints
Need Anton to play. Need his experience and presence in the box to counter the physicallity of Hearts. Popescu is good but he can't do it all by himself.

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Hearts just embarrassed themselves by failing to get a simple win at Dens Park to win the league. You'd think they would want to keep it quiet, not bang on about it any time they play us :lol:

They only needed a draw in fact.

If you look at their results that season they actually lost 5 (including a 6-2 tanking from St. Mirren) of their first 9 games that season and drew 2 and were second bottom of the league after the first quarter.

They were undefeated for the rest of the season until the last game.

I actually felt sorry for them at the time. Seeing Celt*c win the league at Love Street was disgusting. But, since finding out that they blame us, I've found it funny. :lol:

Being a football supporter is not about being reasonable, had the situation been reversed I'd still hold a grudge against Hearts, indeed I hold a grudging (sic) respect for Hearts supporters still holding onto this grievance. 

What I can't stand is Rangers fans who still bang on about it, as my fellow baker Mr. Kipling said they are "a lesser breed without the law".

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Being a football supporter is not about being reasonable, had the situation been reversed I'd still hold a grudge against Hearts, indeed I hold a grudging (sic) respect for Hearts still holding onto this grievance. 

What I can't stand is Rangers fans who still bang on about it, as my fellow baker Mr. Kipling said they are "a lesser breed without the law".

True, I still hold a grudge against Fakes for throwing a 2-0 lead v United in 2000 so they could keep their poxy derby

8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Being a football supporter is not about being reasonable, had the situation been reversed I'd still hold a grudge against Hearts, indeed I hold a grudging (sic) respect for Hearts still holding onto this grievance. 

You should have just stopped your last sentence after the word "fans"

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

True, I still hold a grudge against Fakes for throwing a 2-0 lead v United in 2000 so they could keep their poxy derby

Allan Main actually did throw that game though! :lol:

He ended up on the halfway line when he came out for a United corner.

I was gutted at the time, can laugh about it now. Given their general knuckle-dragging demeanour Hearts fans probably don't have much going for them in their lives though, so they keep fizzing away about how they blew their one and only chance to win the league.