Eric Arthur Blair

Dundee v St, Mirren, Sat 18th May 12:30pm

On 5/14/2019 at 10:18 AM, Sweeper07 said:

If Hamilton beat the Fakes it will be a travesty - they are not a good side. They have conceded more goals and scored less than all other Premiership teams.

They are thugs not footballers... I think that like last night they will try to stifle the Fakes and hope for a draw, or perhaps get a goal on the break...

I also believe that if we win, we will not be in the play-offs... but the proof is in the pudding come next weekend.... :turtle

If they come the hard man act then that will invite fakes to have a go

they will be happy to rid themselves of 2-3 trips to the polypitch and exposure to their non footballers for a season 

19 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Why do you need to be registered on the clubs system to buy a ticket away Dundee ?

Can understand home games to stop old firm fans getting in our end but away to Dundee really

I think it has more to do with plod and coin throwing than what sellic and sevco do. .but you can always ask at the office. .

37 minutes ago, elvis said:

St Johnstone going with a bunch of kids on Saturday manager said Kearny would do the same I thought the rules were you have to go with your strongest team.

Thats a slanderous..., no wait... thats two slanderous allegations!

51 minutes ago, elvis said:

St Johnstone going with a bunch of kids on Saturday manager said Kearny would do the same I thought the rules were you have to go with your strongest team.

Seen that in the local Perth press, two at 16 and two at 17 year old.  Hope we make them suffer for it next year

2 hours ago, Iamhammer said:

Seen that in the local Perth press, two at 16 and two at 17 year old.  Hope we make them suffer for it next year

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Accies should beat St Johnstone's youth team comfortably tbh

We will have to wait and see... will he have young lads in the 1st 11 or among the 7 subs...

A good manager would want to give them some game time - but maybe after they are 2 or 3 in front...  :spud7

38 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

We will have to wait and see... will he have young lads in the 1st 11 or among the 7 subs...

A good manager would want to give them some game time - but maybe after they are 2 or 3 in front...  :spud7

I like your line of thought!

49 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Looks like from the start he’s sent Kennedy on holiday and has three others one booking away from missing the start of the season.  

5 hours ago, elvis said:

Just stuck £60 on Accies at 19/10 . Hoping I don't win .

Wright is not going to play players who he doesn't feel can make the step up.

Those players will also be desperate to make an impression with nothing at stake in the league.

We shouldn't be so sure that Hamilton will win.

Anyway, St J have earned to right to play whatever players they want.

1 hour ago, Iamhammer said:

Looks like from the start he’s sent Kennedy on holiday and has three others one booking away from missing the start of the season.  

On their website they have SIX 1st team strikers listed - so if Kennedy is away that still leaves plenty...

They also have 10 midfielders and 9 defenders..

Now I don't know who all are a booking away from a suspension, but they could just behave or be replaced by other 1st team guys . . .

Cannot see them putting in 2, 16 year olds and 2, 17 year olds in the 1st 11 . . .

I think it will be a bluff in support of a fellow Irish manager . . . we don't have long to wait till we know for sure . . . :ninja 

Wright is not going to play players who he doesn't feel can make the step up.
Those players will also be desperate to make an impression with nothing at stake in the league.
We shouldn't be so sure that Hamilton will win.
Anyway, St J have earned to right to play whatever players they want.
I am pretty sure there was a team got in trouble a few years ago for not playing its strongest team
It is simply not fair to any team who would find themselves in the same situation as we are St Johnstone are simply handing survival to them on a plate and it should not be allowed if we are going to end up in play off at least let it be by fair play and not by some team not competing properly.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

On their website they have SIX 1st team strikers listed - so if Kennedy is away that still leaves plenty...

They also have 10 midfielders and 9 defenders..

Now I don't know who all are a booking away from a suspension, but they could just behave or be replaced by other 1st team guys . . .

Cannot see them putting in 2, 16 year olds and 2, 17 year olds in the 1st 11 . . .

I think it will be a bluff in support of a fellow Irish manager . . . we don't have long to wait till we know for sure . . . :ninja 

Don’t know if it’s a bluff but the guy who emailed me the paper quote and tweet is now saying it’s a photoshop wind up.  So now have no idea at all if it’s true or not 

I am pretty sure there was a team got in trouble a few years ago for not playing its strongest team
It is simply not fair to any team who would find themselves in the same situation as we are St Johnstone are simply handing survival to them on a plate and it should not be allowed if we are going to end up in play off at least let it be by fair play and not by some team not competing properly.

I get what you’re saying, however.
Some on here were complaining not so long ago that Kearney played a reserve team (which others defended) against a Celtic second string.
Maybe not to our liking, but Tommy Wright can pick whatever team he wants, he owes us nothing. We need to take care of Dundee and hope the other Saints do us a turn. Hamilton are at least one player down from Monday (Red card) and potentially the chap Miller (dislocated shoulder I believe) who I also believe is their top scorer.

COYS.

Was there no a big pre-match stooshie on here during the Championship relegation battle run in when some team (was it Raith Rovers?) stated they were going to field a weakened team against Ayr?
IIRR the weakened Rovers team beat Ayr anyway.
It was an outfield player playing goalkeeper (might have been Ryan Stevenson) for Raith and unsurprisingly Ayr won the game. Slightly different scenario. We need to forget the Hamilton game and focus solely on winning our game. Some seem to think Dundee will be a gimme, it will be anything but !