More redundancies. Where are you SMISA?

glen

3 hours ago, Slarti said:

Variables or not, if the things are "unknown" then you can't list them.  You could list a lot of variables and put their amount as unknown, but that isn't what you said.

"smart" is a subjective term, it depends on who you are comparing me with.  "amusing" is also a subjective term and you are welcome to your opinion on that.

I am contributing lessons in basic English.  Hope they're helpful.

Or "What".:rolleyes:

Planed All Round Steamed Beech Timber Cut To Size

Kibble uncovered

Now distrusted by the fans, the cause of boardroom splits, divisive, discovered to be underhand in dealings, rude when questioned, and in an untenable position, impossible to reverse.

This charity apparently became involved with St Mirren out of the goodness of its heart. When my friend who works there heard of this he warned me it would not end well for our club.

A lot of fans were persuaded and voted to support the idea (They would not do so now), and a cuckoo was allowed into the St Mirren nest.

What nobody realised is that their directors do not have to face re-election. They think they are untouchable.

Within a short time Kibble had brought in catering, security and building suppliers (initially all the same young man) until it was found connections existed between the two. A quick retreat followed.

Our ticketing system was dumped for a system that means we cannot add cup games to season tickets. Back we went to barcodes, readers and even paper tickets.

Staff members, trusted for years were shown the door (go to hospitality as I did a recently and you will know no one bar C Kennedy). Ticket, office, and hospitality staff have walked or been shown the door.

An employee settlement deal was mentioned on a slide at the AGM at £30,000! Hearing more are in the pipeline.

Hospitality is provided by Kibble at a ‘competitive rate’. It would be with their access to costs as board members. Insider trading or what?

Kibble receives government funding but pay for our general manager – immoral. This money is for charitable purposes. Kibble has millions in the bank. How many charities do you know in this position?

Kibble took over the daily accountancy. Where are we now?

In November 2020 Kibble were clearing the way. They called in the Inland Revenue and spoke to the press as Kibble, not as St. Mirren directors. They pushed for the resignation of John Needham following his ill advised comments about Rangers fans. Kibble's Jim Gillespie, a Rangers supporter is now our vice chairman.

Jim Gillespie is also in charge of the academy, now a shambles with a vast overspend on recent works. He has been credited with bringing in Keith Lasley (both their sons are at the academy) at great cost.

Kibble’s much vaunted commercial expertise included a failed £1.6 million in taxpayers’ money lost at the closed down go carting ‘Experience’ in Hillington (it was managed by our present general manager) contributed to St Mirren turning a £1 million in the bank into a record £1.7 million deficit.

Kibble’s directors were disrespectful, arrogant and rude at the AGM. Nobody there has disagreed with that.

Kibble’s PR agency must be in overdrive but it’s too late. 

We see you Kibble.

Time to say goodbye.

8 minutes ago, glen said:

Kibble uncovered

Now distrusted by the fans, the cause of boardroom splits, divisive, discovered to be underhand in dealings, rude when questioned, and in an untenable position, impossible to reverse.

This charity apparently became involved with St Mirren out of the goodness of its heart. When my friend who works there heard of this he warned me it would not end well for our club.

A lot of fans were persuaded and voted to support the idea (They would not do so now), and a cuckoo was allowed into the St Mirren nest.

What nobody realised is that their directors do not have to face re-election. They think they are untouchable.

Within a short time Kibble had brought in catering, security and building suppliers (initially all the same young man) until it was found connections existed between the two. A quick retreat followed.

Our ticketing system was dumped for a system that means we cannot add cup games to season tickets. Back we went to barcodes, readers and even paper tickets.

Staff members, trusted for years were shown the door (go to hospitality as I did a recently and you will know no one bar C Kennedy). Ticket, office, and hospitality staff have walked or been shown the door.

An employee settlement deal was mentioned on a slide at the AGM at £30,000! Hearing more are in the pipeline.

Hospitality is provided by Kibble at a ‘competitive rate’. It would be with their access to costs as board members. Insider trading or what?

Kibble receives government funding but pay for our general manager – immoral. This money is for charitable purposes. Kibble has millions in the bank. How many charities do you know in this position?

Kibble took over the daily accountancy. Where are we now?

In November 2020 Kibble were clearing the way. They called in the Inland Revenue and spoke to the press as Kibble, not as St. Mirren directors. They pushed for the resignation of John Needham following his ill advised comments about Rangers fans. Kibble's Jim Gillespie, a Rangers supporter is now our vice chairman.

Jim Gillespie is also in charge of the academy, now a shambles with a vast overspend on recent works. He has been credited with bringing in Keith Lasley (both their sons are at the academy) at great cost.

Kibble’s much vaunted commercial expertise included a failed £1.6 million in taxpayers’ money lost at the closed down go carting ‘Experience’ in Hillington (it was managed by our present general manager) contributed to St Mirren turning a £1 million in the bank into a record £1.7 million deficit.

Kibble’s directors were disrespectful, arrogant and rude at the AGM. Nobody there has disagreed with that.

Kibble’s PR agency must be in overdrive but it’s too late. 

We see you Kibble.

Time to say goodbye.

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

If only.

Who will pay to buy the Kibble out or are there other options ?

21 minutes ago, alanb said:

Who will pay to buy the Kibble out or are there other options ?

I wasn't referring to The Kibble saying "goodbye"........................ At least they don't bore the shit out of you.

TBH I couldn't care less whether they stay or go.

5 hours ago, Slarti said:

Variables or not, if the things are "unknown" then you can't list them.  You could list a lot of variables and put their amount as unknown, but that isn't what you said.

"smart" is a subjective term, it depends on who you are comparing me with.  "amusing" is also a subjective term and you are welcome to your opinion on that.

I am contributing lessons in basic English.  Hope they're helpful.

Here's how you roll.....................

You select one word from a post, you take it literally, you then take it to an utterly stupid level, similar to the drivel above with the word "smart", it's used in a derogatory manner to clearly indicate you aren't.

As for amusing, your attempts are CRINGEWORTHY at times, that's not subjective, that's fact. 

Your last sentence, again, shows how far up your own arse you are (Don't take that literally.....................on the other hand) 

And to finish, you have proved again you are a crashing bore. 

PS Let's leave this out of this thread, it's destined for more interesting drivel than us continuing this pish.  

Edited by faraway saint

I have to say , I voted yes to approve the Kibble deal .

I wouldn’t vote that way now.

Where is this new level of professionalism they promised ?

Stories of unrest behind the scenes , long serving staff leaving , systems and contractors replaced by Kibble “approved” contractors with no appreciable increase in service levels do nothing for me to think their input has been positive or beneficial to the club.

I wasn’t at the AGM but from what I can gather, the kibble employees contribution was underwhelming at best, incompetent, out of their depth & lacking credibility - this is not what we should be getting from a “world leading” organisation.

As for the massive losses incurred ? Why was this allowed to happen with all that expertise behind us ? 
A suspicious and sceptical person might say that putting the club in that position could jeopardise  the whole future of the club and leave them in such a perilous position that might make them desperate for rescue capital ……. Perhaps from a local cash rich organisation,  in exchange for a controlling interest in the club ? 🤔  perhaps 🤔 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - I hope I and all those who voted like me don’t live to regret our actions in welcoming Trojan horse kibble on board.

St Mirren average attendances (overall Premiership average in brackets)

22/23 so far 6,094 - (16,827)

21/22 4,934 - (15,800)

18/19 5,351 - (15,973)

17/18 - (15,932)

So crowds in 21/22 were, overall, circa 1% lower than pre covid.

Not an exact like for like though, 21/22 had Ross County who get bigger gates than Hamilton. And 21/22 saw Dundee derbies instead of Kilmarnock.

Gates in general this season appear to be up compared with pre Covid. A post covid boost?

Here's how you roll.....................
You select one word from a post, you take it literally, you then take it to an utterly stupid level, similar to the drivel above with the word "smart", it's used in a derogatory manner to clearly indicate you aren't.
As for amusing, your attempts are CRINGEWORTHY at times, that's not subjective, that's fact. 
Your last sentence, again, shows how far up your own arse you are (Don't take that literally.....................on the other hand) 
And to finish, you have proved again you are a crashing bore. 
PS Let's leave this out of this thread, it's destined for more interesting drivel than us continuing this pish.  

No, I just picked up on some bad English. You, on the other hand, can't accept that you made a wee mistake and laugh it off.

Here was me thinking it was the "which you are neither" (and maybe also "trying") that was derogatory and not the word "smart" itself.

Amusement is entirely subjective (you've even agreed with me on that in the past) so it can't be "fact".

Sorry, did it not help?

What/who someone finds boring is, again, entirely subjective.

OK, we can leave it now.

On 1/29/2023 at 3:18 PM, Stu said:

Out of interest, anyone know how you would go about transferring shares into a different name? No point having them registered to my dad any more.

Contact Chris Stewart who resigned as a Director on the 23rd November 2021 but remained as Company Secretary.

He can be contacted at Digby Brown.

6 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I have to say , I voted yes to approve the Kibble deal .

I wouldn’t vote that way now.

Where is this new level of professionalism they promised ?

Stories of unrest behind the scenes , long serving staff leaving , systems and contractors replaced by Kibble “approved” contractors with no appreciable increase in service levels do nothing for me to think their input has been positive or beneficial to the club.

I wasn’t at the AGM but from what I can gather, the kibble employees contribution was underwhelming at best, incompetent, out of their depth & lacking credibility - this is not what we should be getting from a “world leading” organisation.

As for the massive losses incurred ? Why was this allowed to happen with all that expertise behind us ? 
A suspicious and sceptical person might say that putting the club in that position could jeopardise  the whole future of the club and leave them in such a perilous position that might make them desperate for rescue capital ……. Perhaps from a local cash rich organisation,  in exchange for a controlling interest in the club ? 🤔  perhaps 🤔 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - I hope I and all those who voted like me don’t live to regret our actions in welcoming Trojan horse kibble on board.

I didn't,  it just didn't feel right to me,  I just didn't see the need to give them shares in the club, as a local charity they would have been more than welcome as partners,

We get to own it sooner was the battle cry,  My thought's at the time were who gives a shit, this is not the deal we all signed up for and what's the rush, what were the benefits in that, other than Gordon getting his money back sooner when the whole idea of fan ownership and Buy the Buds was his baby

I went along to the love fest in the Glynhill hotel I would be curious to know how the SMISA team who were at the top table feel about it now, are they just as enthusiastic now as they were back then this was a great deal ?? 

7 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

I didn't,  it just didn't feel right to me,  I just didn't see the need to give them shares in the club, as a local charity they would have been more than welcome as partners,

We get to own it sooner was the battle cry,  My thought's at the time were who gives a shit, this is not the deal we all signed up for and what's the rush, what were the benefits in that, other than Gordon getting his money back sooner when the whole idea of fan ownership and Buy the Buds was his baby

I went along to the love fest in the Glynhill hotel I would be curious to know how the SMISA team who were at the top table feel about it now, are they just as enthusiastic now as they were back then this was a great deal ?? 

A lot of that SMiSA team have moved on, have they not ?? 

SMiSA is now a different entity compared to then and need to regain the independence bit of the acronym.

The SMiSA website is undergoing some changes. maybe heralding a new dawn. Time will tell.

9 minutes ago, alanb said:

SMiSA is now a different entity compared to then and need to regain the independence bit of the acronym.

The SMiSA website is undergoing some changes. maybe heralding a new dawn. Time will tell.

Lets hope so.

Edited by pod

58 minutes ago, alanb said:

Or maybe bumped off  :lol: 

If I remember right sitting at the table were  George Adams, Tony Fitz, Jim Goodwin, Gordon Scott, {Mark Mcmillan and Jim Gillespie of Kibble}

Sitting behind them were Lucky Luciano, Albert Anastasia, Carlo Gambino, and John Gotti 

The only one who I knew representing SMISA was George Adams, but someone must know the young SMISA guy with glasses who was doing all the talking what's his take on the deal now...  what was his name ?? 

5 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Or maybe bumped off  :lol: 

If I remember right sitting at the table were  George Adams, Tony Fitz, Jim Goodwin, Gordon Scott, {Mark Mcmillan and Jim Gillespie of Kibble}

Sitting behind them were Lucky Luciano, Albert Anastasia, Carlo Gambino, and John Gotti 

The only one who I knew representing SMISA was George Adams, but someone must know the young SMISA guy with glasses who was doing all the talking what's his take on the deal now...  what was his name ?? 

Maybe Colin Orr ? 

Wonder if Jim and Lee will rejoin

Edited by alanb

Of course they have rats and sinking ship comes to mind.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...