St Mirren v Kilmarnock SPFL PREMIERSHIP 22/4/23

shull

St Mirren manager Stephen Robinson: "We've earned the right to have a performance like that, because throughout the 33 games we've terrific.

"When you look at all the things we've worked under this season - announcing the debts, and having to cut everything - it was a difficult challenge but people have stuck together and we're starting to come out the other side of it."

2 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

The happiness of top 6 seems to have 

Three obvious benefits of making the top 6, no relegation shadow hanging over us for the last 5 games, guaranteed better £££ from final league position, and we can start our planning for next season knowing which league we will be playing. 

Good news after a shit afternoon. 

:D

Currently sat in service station on way home, that was dreadful

There was more spare seats than chances for us today

Woeful performance, but what bothers me most is this is yet another occasion when we let down potential new fans

Remember last game Love St , first game at new ground , today ….. extra fans and whenever there’s an opportunity to entice them we let them down

We need to beat Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen if we want to finish higher than sixth, so sixth it is I guess.

Stop, beats a relegation scrap…

We chose today for our worst Home performance of the season but that shouldn't detract from a great Home season. Reckon stage fright took over as we are miles better than that. We made it on merit after 33 games so something to celebrate.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

I don't buy the stage fright piss. 

Most of our players have been around for plenty of years playing at bigger clubs than ours. 

We lost because we are not as good as we think we are, and the Killie players were playing for their jobs. 

16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Most of our players have been around for plenty of years playing at bigger clubs than ours. 

We lost because we are not as good as we think we are, and the Killie players were playing for their jobs. 

We are above more than half the league after 33 games 

First time this has ever been accomplished since the split was introduced 

So, With that now established maybe you can now explain how  " we lost because we are not as good as we think we are "

🤷🤷

Sounds like you are just posting bollocks, but happy for you to expand further???

53 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Financially  for us ,much better that Kilmarnock  stay in this league

53 minutes ago, Tommy said:

We lost because we are not as good as we think we are,

So obviously Livi are not as good as they think they are as they also lost even thought they were top 6 most of the season, and Hibs who drew with a bottom club too so obviously not also as good as they think?

At the end of the day most of the clubs in the SPL aside from the cheeks are very close in terms of ability so when one side has a bad day at the office and another performs well the results go that way. We have had may good days at the office this season and are where we are on merit. 

4 hours ago, elvis said:

Aberdeen  or Rangers.

Third spot would be amazing, but realistically it's a lot to ask to make up a six point gap, let alone nine points. So really an Aberdeen win won't make much difference. Remember we will have two games against the Old Firm. 

I think 4th spot is achievable, but even that will be a big ask. I'd be delighted with 5th place. 

What are the chances ICT or Falkirk win the cup if we do finish 5th? 🤨

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Its the first time in near 40 years we've achieved top 6 .

Surely to f**k even the most pessimistic Saints fan can enjoy the next couple of weeks (Elvis and many others apart )

4 minutes ago, W6er said:

Third spot would be amazing, but realistically it's a lot to ask to make up a six point gap, let alone nine points. So really an Aberdeen win won't make much difference. Remember we will have two games against the Old Firm. 

I think 4th spot is achievable, but even that will be a big ask. I'd be delighted with 5th place. 

What are the chances ICT or Falkirk win the cup if we do finish 5th? 🤨

Realistically i reckon 5th place is now our goal. 

16 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Financially  for us ,much better that Kilmarnock  stay in this league

50 minutes ago, CraigyBoy said:

We are above more than half the league after 33 games 

First time this has ever been accomplished since the split was introduced 

So, With that now established maybe you can now explain how  " we lost because we are not as good as we think we are "

🤷🤷

Sounds like you are just posting bollocks, but happy for you to expand further???

3 games against the 2nd worst team in the league where we have scored 0 goals against them say to me we are not that good, just maybe slighter better than the other teams in the league. Very small margin in the final league position and i am very happy where we ended up. 

32 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

So obviously Livi are not as good as they think they are as they also lost even thought they were top 6 most of the season, and Hibs who drew with a bottom club too so obviously not also as good as they think?

At the end of the day most of the clubs in the SPL aside from the cheeks are very close in terms of ability so when one side has a bad day at the office and another performs well the results go that way. We have had may good days at the office this season and are where we are on merit. 

Well put, but i an of the opinion that Saints fans think we are far better than most of the other clubs. 

I just don't think we are, although the league table would disagree with me. 

29 minutes ago, munoz said:

Its the first time in near 40 years we've achieved top 6 .

Surely to f**k even the most pessimistic Saints fan can enjoy the next couple of weeks (Elvis and many others apart )

Oh i will, since as old as i am,  i can  still remember the last time   😊