Our Last 5 Fixtures of 2022/2023

As yet we still don't know what the final 5 home / away fixtures of this season will be. So this is pure speculation. 

How many more points can we realistically expect St Mirren to pick up ? Ideally we would hope to finish this season with more points than the best of the losers, i.e. whichever team finishes 7th.

My guess is 4 more points, hopefully one victory (Hibs ?) and one draw (Hearts ?), so 48 points. Any more would exceed my pre-season expectations. 

Could we aspire to better ?

13 minutes ago, pondsman said:

As for points, I think we'll do well to get a win and a draw and finish on 48 points. I'd be happy with that.

There is a part of me that just wants the manager to set his team to treat these games as cup finals.

Just go all out for victory in all of them! 

Yeah I know there is a danger we could lose every single game but it would be some story if we ended up winning our last 5 games!

Ideally I would like us to play Hibs first and win that game to put pressure on them. 

It feels fcuking magic we are not looking at the permutations of other results like we are so used to with relegation tussles.

3 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I hope our last game is at home and the team gets another chance of a crunch game still with a chance of at least 5th and a European place, that'll do for me.  unfortunately I think we'll be away to Hibs on the last day,

We'll just have to do it the hard way the St.mirren way 

Last day shootout at Easter Road? 

Winner takes all? 

The Bridge of Doom would rear its ugly head if we were to achieve that! 😧 

IMG_1502.thumb.jpeg.6b6882eae2a30d7a1c11d328c8098e18.jpeg

It would actually be incredibly funny if we went into a scenario with Hibs on the last day at Easter Road where a draw sends Hearts into 6th place and both teams just play out a draw while there is a massive conga breaking out between all the supporters. 

6 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Last day shootout at Easter Road? 

Winner takes all? 

The Bridge of Doom would rear its ugly head if we were to achieve that! 😧 

IMG_1502.thumb.jpeg.6b6882eae2a30d7a1c11d328c8098e18.jpeg

It would actually be incredibly funny if we went into a scenario with Hibs on the last day at Easter Road where a draw sends Hearts into 6th place and both teams just play out a draw while there is a massive conga breaking out between all the supporters. 

In that situation, you could soundly be accused of hating Hearts more than you love St Mirren, according to some.

Even more so since you seem to be considering a scenario that sees us play out a draw when a win in that situation would probably secure 4th place

1 hour ago, pondsman said:

No announcement about the fixtures yet. According to press reports, it's the Sky TV tail wagging the dog, as usual.

As for points, I think we'll do well to get a win and a draw and finish on 48 points. I'd be happy with that.

COYS!!

I think that in this situation, the SPFL are the tail and Sky can wag it as much as they like.  Our club is happy to take their money as are all the others, if they think they need to configure the schedule in the way that gives the best sales figures then we shouldn't be too upset about themtaking their time over it.

I think we will get 2 wins and a draw and 51 points would see me ecstatic

29 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

In that situation, you could soundly be accused of hating Hearts more than you love St Mirren, according to some.

Even more so since you seem to be considering a scenario that sees us play out a draw when a win in that situation would probably secure 4th place

Nah. It’s just a wee joke. Lighten up a bit buddy. 😂

I actually never indicated that my “scenario” would mean us finishing 5th - I still “believe” we can finish 3rd!

But I like to look forward in life with a positive attitude. 

IMG_1503.thumb.jpeg.9b4b2f67354aec56eeab13ad40990f41.jpeg

23 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I think that in this situation, the SPFL are the tail and Sky can wag it as much as they like.  Our club is happy to take their money as are all the others, if they think they need to configure the schedule in the way that gives the best sales figures then we shouldn't be too upset about themtaking their time over it.

I think we will get 2 wins and a draw and 51 points would see me ecstatic

YES 2 wins an a draw I reckon would guarantee 5th IMO   :clapping  

Wait a minute cancel that :blink: I'd like to compare that with Elvis's predictions before I get too excited 

Edited by portmahomack saint

Hibs fans think they are shocking and will only win v us.

Hibs match is a must not lose.

Got to presume Celtic and Rangers will drop points got to hope it's to us and not Hibs.

7 points would be enough imo if we lose first match can see us losing all 5, the goals we have shipped last two matches have been so easy for the opposition which is strange after 2 clean sheets defend like that against Nisbet and a repeat of our defeat there earlier in season is on the cards.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

YES 2 wins an a draw I reckon would guarantee 5th IMO   :clapping  

Wait a minute cancel that :blink: I'd like to compare that with Elvis's predictions before I get too excited 

Win against Hibs and we go above them.  Assuming Celtic beat Hearts to win title then we will go above Hearts if we beat them in the next game.

If Sevco beat Aberdeen in first game (revenge mission after Sunday and very very very last chance saloon in case Celtic slip up) and Hibs beat them in the next game (again, last chance saloon for Hibs to get into Europe after losing to us) we could go into the Celtic game (against a team that are champions and just came off the back of a "new OF" game) just 3 points behind Aberdeen.  If Aberdeen lose to Hearts (who will, again, be in last chance saloon for 3rd place) in game 3 and we get anything from the Celtic game we would go above them if we beat them in game 4 (and into 3rd if Hearts fail to beat Sevco).  Then we just need to beat Sevco in our last game (with the other games being Celtic v Aberdeen and an Edinburgh derby) and, viola, European football until xmas.  Easy Peasy.  Unless, of course, I've counted wrong (which is possible as I'm typing this while in a work Teams meeting. :D)

Of course, we'll probably lose against Hibs and all the "thought" I've put into that will have been pointless. :D

6 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Win against Hibs and we go above them.  Assuming Celtic beat Hearts to win title then we will go above Hearts if we beat them in the next game.

If Sevco beat Aberdeen in first game (revenge mission after Sunday and very very very last chance saloon in case Celtic slip up) and Hibs beat them in the next game (again, last chance saloon for Hibs to get into Europe after losing to us) we could go into the Celtic game (against a team that are champions and just came off the back of a "new OF" game) just 3 points behind Aberdeen.  If Aberdeen lose to Hearts (who will, again, be in last chance saloon for 3rd place) in game 3 and we get anything from the Celtic game we would go above them if we beat them in game 4 (and into 3rd if Hearts fail to beat Sevco).  Then we just need to beat Sevco in our last game (with the other games being Celtic v Aberdeen and an Edinburgh derby) and, viola, European football until xmas.  Easy Peasy.  Unless, of course, I've counted wrong (which is possible as I'm typing this while in a work Teams meeting. :D)

Of course, we'll probably lose against Hibs and all the "thought" I've put into that will have been pointless. :D

Not sure that falls into the One Game at a Time category  🤔  I'd bite the hand off ye for a point at Easter Road. That faĺls into the... Keeps the pot bumbling away category as Flareybob used to say 

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

Not sure that falls into the One Game at a Time category  🤔  I'd bite the hand off ye for a point at Easter Road. That faĺls into the... Keeps the pot bumbling away category as Flareybob used to say 

I'm just a dreamer. :D

Flareybob used to say a lot of things. :lol

Ha! Looks like I picked the wrong thread to post on 😩

Interesting set of fixtures. Not sure how I feel about the Hibs game being up first. On one hand it could put us in an almost impossible position if we lose, but on the other hand, if we win, I think the other fixtures fall nicely for us, particularly Rangers being up last. I’ll now be hoping they beat Celtic in the semi so that they’ll have at least half a mind to the final the following week (although given the opposition they might not be too concerned about that).

We knew that one of either Aberdeen or Hearts would be away for the third time and if I’m honest I’d have preferred it was Hearts, but we’ve won at Pittodrie too so who knows. 
Only downside for me is that my next weekend up the road is 20th so unfortunately it’s the Parkheidpiggery for me. The last game I wanted it to be. 😩

57 minutes ago, Slarti said:

It’s a great resume though and I’m happy to endorse it