Top 6, Game 5, St Mirren v Rangers, 27/5/23

Poor performance. Made an ordinary Rangers look good. Can't say I've been impressed with any of the 'fringe' players I've seen recently. And Urminsky had a nightmare - not much to do, but did it badly.  Hopefully we strengthen the squad in the close season with some of the extra cash we get for 6th place.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Im just entering the ground now. 🤣🤣🤣

Ah, it wouldn't be a St. Mirren v The Rangers thread without Faraway Ranger trolling genuine St. Mirren fans and posting lies about himself.

You wouldn't know how to find St. Mirren Park even if you used Google Maps!

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

0-3 final score.

Disappointing, that my team didn't score more goals.

Despite my team having plenty of possession I feel they never troubled St. Mirren enough for my liking.

I just hope Michael Beale sorts out new players as I couldn't stomach C****c winning the league again. 🤢

:rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

Well done to St Mirren top six.

Close season will be interesting to see who stays who goes and who comes in.

`Looking forward to next season already.

Excellent post, Sir.

I'm very proud of my team for getting their highest league position since the 1980s.

I'm not particularly fond of the "split" but it is what it is and that's the format we are involved in.

Well done Stephen Robinson, Diarmuid O'Carroll, their background staff, the players, guys like Keith Lasley and everyone working behind the scenes.

End of season, nothing to play for to fare today. Cannot read too much into what we saw. Thought Taylor was really good first half, despite other posts thoughts. O Hara was very tidy. Urminsky was very disappointing. Good to see Tait back , looked up for it. Rangers went through the motions and had three proper shots all day, unfortunately our man is not up to the standards of Carson and needs to improve to be a realistic back up.
Overall a fantastic season though and we need to appreciate that as we may wait a long time to see a repeat, depending on who we lose and who we bring in next season. Hopefully Main will be staying and O Hara is not sold.

Goalie very poor. Tanser the worst player I have ever seen. The young  boys up front very poor. Fraser looks done. Three very poor goals given away today. On the positive side. Think Taylor might be  a player. Main again did quite well with no help. Club need to look at Strain. Very good player but seems to have fitness problems. Spend the close season finding out what his problem is because he is a very good player. Need to sign a goalie, a leftback, a centre forward or two.  Oh well see you next season .

Urminsky, Boyd Munce, Jamieson and Offord are not good enough

Richard Taylor is class

With Curtis Main staying, we could have a top season next season, particularly if we could find a striker to partner him, plus a new left wing back, Tanser is power puff

2 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Urminsky, Boyd Munce, Jamieson and Offord are not good enough

Richard Taylor is class

With Curtis Main staying, we could have a top season next season, particularly if we could find a striker to partner him, plus a new left wing back, Tanser is power puff

Is he aye? :lol:

2 hours ago, guinness said:

Tanser the worst player I have ever seen. 

He’s not the greatest but I can only think you’re young! 😂

I’ve seen many roasters over the years, in lower divisions as well, and Tanser doesn’t come close to being as bad

Jim Gardner FFS and many more in between!