St Mirren versus Dundee FC - Saturday, 12th August 2023

W6er

I couldn't see a match thread for this, so thought I would start one.

Firstly, has anyone had their physical season ticket, yet? As I have still not got mine.

I would be optimistic about this game, but have a horrible feeling we're going to lose players. I think if we lose Strain we will struggle, as he is by far the most creative player we have. If we keep the current squad I think we will win this one 2-1. 

Yip me and a few others i know have ours, 

about 10 days ago 

15 minutes ago, W6er said:

Firstly, has anyone had their physical season ticket, yet? As I have still not got mine.

I would be optimistic about this game, but have a horrible feeling we're going to lose players. I think if we lose Strain we will struggle, as he is by far the most creative player we have. If we keep the current squad I think we will win this one 2-1. 

Depending on when you bought your season ticket this determines when your ticket is sent out.

Apparently I was in first batch got mine two weeks ago the update from club this morning states people who bought season ticket in the 2nd batch they are expecting tickets to arrive in club soon and will be posted asap.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Depending on when you bought your season ticket this determines when your ticket is sent out.

Apparently I was in first batch got mine two weeks ago the update from club this morning states people who bought season ticket in the 2nd batch they are expecting tickets to arrive in club soon and will be posted asap.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

Thanks, pal. :) 

You prompted me to have a look at the site and I noticed we're getting a NEW SCOREBOARD

Scoreboard and digital advertising

Software developments over the last few years as well as general wear and tear have rendered the current scoreboard obsolete. As such, the club has taken the decision to invest in a new scoreboard at The SMiSA Stadium. 

A new scoreboard will offer more commercial opportunities and help us enhance the matchday experience. As well as the scoreboard, we will also be taking delivery of new LED pitchside advertising boards as well as two new digital advertising screens that will be placed outside the Main Stand.

The club had been hopeful of delivery of these in time for our first cinch Premiership home match against Dundee, however, logistical delays mean that delivery is anticipated at the end of August/beginning of September. 

If we could replicate our home form from last season picking up 32 points..  and thats a big ask.. no reason we cant remain top 6... shame we didnt get another big striker as some teams will sit in v us... as shown Sun we are a great counter attacking team...Baccus and OHara were superb.... 3 points Sat... 2-1.... and my predictions are 100% so far which is a 100% improvement on last season... 

We are favourites as you’d expect but Dundee will give us a game.  McCowan looked a real handful against Motherwell so Tanser will need to keep a a close eye on him down their right. 
A win of any description would be a fantastic start to our season. Remember getting absolutely robbed by Motherwell in our first home league game last season, but we’ve progressed our attacking options and look like scoring more goals this season. 
Will ‘pantomime villain’ Carson play? Be a more interesting afternoon if he does. He will get a hot reception, where as big Shaughnessy will hopefully receive and return applause with the home fans. 
2-0 Saints (with Carson warming the bench looking gutted please)

15 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

I don't like when we are favourites!

Again width will be key and making sure we get decent crosses in. Put pressure on there back 4 early like we did against Hibs and Forfar and I think we will be fine. Please don't try and defend a 1 nil lead.

Played 5 games...been favs 4 times and won 75% of them....SR has a 80% WR this season... just keep it there and we are champs 🍾🍾🙃