St. Mirren v Hearts 23/9

TPAFKA Jersey 2

33 minutes ago, elvis said:

My son was down today less than 400 left.

It will be all but sold out

We definitely had the beating of Hearts in every game we played and should not have dropped a point to them last season

If this team is becoming as good as many think it is then we should come out on top, as long as we are less wasteful in front of goal.

This is very unsaint mirren like. We seem to have an identity and the players definitely look like they'll run through a brick wall for the management team. I look at every other team in this league and, though we will definitely drop points,  given the marked improvement in our away form. I will go to every game knowing we could get a result. Our home form is what got us the top six berth so I'll go for a continuation of this. 3-1 with O'Hara and Kiltie on the scoresheet. Hoping young Nahmani comes on and adds to his tally. (Though it would be just as nice if they were all scored by strikers).

16 hours ago, stlucifer said:

This is very unsaint mirren like. We seem to have an identity and the players definitely look like they'll run through a brick wall for the management team. I look at every other team in this league and, though we will definitely drop points,  given the marked improvement in our away form. I will go to every game knowing we could get a result. Our home form is what got us the top six berth so I'll go for a continuation of this. 3-1 with O'Hara and Kiltie on the scoresheet. Hoping young Nahmani comes on and adds to his tally. (Though it would be just as nice if they were all scored by strikers).

I keep forgetting we have Nahmani. The teams doing very well, and he certainly made an impact in the cup and Livi game when he came on. I’m looking forward to Saturdays game. Great start for us so far. 

42 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

I keep forgetting we have Nahmani. The teams doing very well, and he certainly made an impact in the cup and Livi game when he came on. I’m looking forward to Saturdays game. Great start for us so far. 

I too have a different vibe from this and last season’s squad. This season though we may be slightly stronger.

As long as we continue this way then why should we be cowed by teams resting on historical success (Aberdeen, Hearts) or form.

It’ll go some way to beating the Sir Tom Hendrie season but I’d ask all Saints fans what would?

Top 4, Cup win and Europe?

For me anything like that would be amazing.

The one bit that I’m still not convinced about is the defence. Not from an individual ability perspective (they are all decent players), but more from an organisational point of view. 
We’ve conceded 6 goals in our 5 league matches and to be honest, with the exception of the Aberdeen game, I think we’ve ridden our luck quite a lot and been saved by the fact that we’ve done so well at the other end of the park. 
Hopefully we can sort that out. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The one bit that I’m still not convinced about is the defence. Not from an individual ability perspective (they are all decent players), but more from an organisational point of view. 
We’ve conceded 6 goals in our 5 league matches and to be honest, with the exception of the Aberdeen game, I think we’ve ridden our luck quite a lot and been saved by the fact that we’ve done so well at the other end of the park. 

I would agree to an extent, but I have another slight worry, whilst we have Bolton as a back up, any injury to say Gogic or Taylor could put real pressure on the back line, though Small is a good addition.

Keep crossing my fingers and enjoying the galloping horse ride as it strides through the season :clapping

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Reading this, made me think this is a really valid point, we do miss a leader such as Shaugnesey, whilst not the quickest or even best defender; we have had in recent years, he did seem to be the glue that connected such defense as was on the park.  I am not implying any degree of perfection here, just that we miss that ability.

On 9/17/2023 at 12:49 PM, DougJamie said:

Was at this and will happily take same again

That was before my time going to football matches but I thoroughly enjoyed watching that.

It was great to see big Peter Godfrey, Frank McGarvey and Tony Fitzpatrick all scoring.   All three are absolute legends!  I think Frank loved a goal against the Hearts!

Tommy Wilson was another favourite of mine growing up.

On 9/21/2023 at 7:56 PM, Helmettroll said:

Where's our dot counting extraordinaire when you need him.? A neglecgence of duties W6er...

So hoping this one sells out......

Unfortunately, my laptop's kaputt! I would have loved to do dot counts this week, but my phone is inadequate for the purpose. :(

However, it does look like we're on the verge of a sell out! :)