St Mirren v Hibernian SPFL Premiership 8/11/23

shull

16 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

First one I can remember is the 1971 Scottish Cup replay against East fife I went to all 3 games,   

On a different topic the first game I can remember being at was when Saints beat Rangers 1-0 on a foggy day in 1968.  remember it like it was yesterday, I was more fascinated with the crowd than the actual game, They had all came to see their new hero Colin Stein 42,000+  but what sticks in my mind was every so often a small circle would appear in a part of the crowd as a fight broke out, happened so many times during the game {did anyone else see that}

Even as a 10 yrs old my thoughts were, and still are to this day it was a miracle there wasn't a major disaster at that game, No way should they have let so many into that game. we got very lucky that day and I'm not talking about the score, it was scary stuff, 

Anyway just like today's Rangers fans,  I watched in bewilderment { why are they leaving dad the games not finished } as they left in their droves round the running track long before full time spitting and cursing at the saints fans in the stand and the enclosure where I was

There's must be more on here who were at that game, 

You really are an old git. 😀

6 hours ago, HSS said:

The 68 game was just a wee year to early for me I was going to the football that season but I wouldn’t have been taken to that one

The first game I remember v the original rangers would have been in the Scottish Cup of 70/71

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1970&GameID=197102130

Firrst against sellic would have been the same season on the night we were relegated ☹️

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1970&GameID=197104270

This would have been a good topic on its own instead of hijacking the Hibs thread

Was at that Celtic game remember it being a really nice warm sunny night, think we had to win to pip Dunfermline for the drop. I think they got a result the same night to stay safe but not sure. 

Bah! I wish the old codgers would keep their reminiscence to an appropriate thread! 😆

Naw, in all seriousness, I enjoy reading about the games back in the day. The Motherwell away game is the one that keeps getting brought up on P&B, where they allege we claim to have taken 17,000 fans or something. Different time. We'll be doing well to take 1,700 there now. 😕

I've been reading that Ayunga is back in the squad tomorrow! Great news, if true. :)  

A win tonight against this Hibs side would be massive and makes a top 3 finish a real possibility as none of our rivals look capable of stringing multiple wins together  

I actually think Hibs are our biggest threat and will improve as the season unfolds so even a point wouldn't be a bad result 

I love a wee midweek game at home first one of the season so it's hospitality in the town centre with a 5pm kick off , washed down with 2 or 3 of glasses of milk

:guinness