St Mirren v Celtic SPFL PREMIERSHIP 2/1/24

shull

• 1 month later...

This is probably the worst time to play the green mob.

They win v the rangers and their tails will be up determined to not make the same mistake and let them back in. Lose v "them" and they'll be licking wounds and know can't let things get any worse.

Either way I can't see anything but a thumping. Hope I'm wrong.

On 12/27/2023 at 11:11 AM, stlucifer said:

This is probably the worst time to play the green mob.

They win v the rangers and their tails will be up determined to not make the same mistake and let them back in. Lose v "them" and they'll be licking wounds and know can't let things get any worse.

Either way I can't see anything but a thumping. Hope I'm wrong.

But on the plus we give Dons their biggest home defeat in years and tails are up.... be a close one..... 2 -1 Saints

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

But on the plus we give Dons their biggest home defeat in years and tails are up.... be a close one..... 2 -1 Saints

I'm not sure anyone was more pleasantly surprised than me about that one but also no one more delighted that they got their grandson a ticket or else, in my despondancy, I may have missed being there to witness it. My humble pie still tastes sweet though.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I'm not sure anyone was more pleasantly surprised than me about that one but also no one more delighted that they got their grandson a ticket or else, in my despondancy, I may have missed being there to witness it. My humble pie still tastes sweet though.

Why we support Saints mate....a box of chocolates

Be interesting how SR lines up team.... i thought we were back to our counter attacking best v Dons...and then 2 impact subs kill game... going with my son who has yet... in 9 games  this season... to see us lose..... be one hell of a way to start 24...

Oh and HNY to my fellow posters .... 

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Be interesting how SR lines up team.... i thought we were back to our counter attacking best v Dons...and then 2 impact subs kill game... going with my son who has yet... in 9 games  this season... to see us lose..... be one hell of a way to start 24...

Oh and HNY to my fellow posters .... 

Saints renaissance starts now. Saintsaissance! 

I hate to sound like a character from the "Star Wars" films but I have a bad feeling about this.

Hopefully Mr. Robinson comes up with tactics to upset the Celtic team and make things more of a level playing field.

If Celtic do have a full strength squad to choose from then unfortunately we will need a huge slice of luck and a tremendous effort from our boys.

As ever, I shall go in hope of witnessing an upset.

C'mon you Saints!

6 hours ago, Olly Lasagna said:

I hate to sound like a character from the "Star Wars" films but I have a bad feeling about this.

Hopefully Mr. Robinson comes up with tactics to upset the Celtic team and make things more of a level playing field.

If Celtic do have a full strength squad to choose from then unfortunately we will need a huge slice of luck and a tremendous effort from our boys.

As ever, I shall go in hope of witnessing an upset.

C'mon you Saints!

Killie beat this lot twice this season.....they are not invincible...... yes stats tell us we should lose as does budget but we have already run them close and they are by their standards pretty poor.... can see us getting at least 2 goals

2 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Strange time to have a game, 5pm on a Tuesday. Nevertheless I think a vast improvement in form will be required to get anything but a defeat . Last game against them here we collapsed second half and shipped five goals . Try and avoid a sending off to give ourselves a chance. 

Hopefully they're not allowed to to bring their own VAR team from Saturday  :zipit 

Given it's not a bank holiday in England I can't see the benefit of sky putting this on at 5 pm.  Still I will be there expecting to see a competitive saints performance against a complacent Celtic.   Thinking a draw today that will put a lot of pressure on Rodgers ahead of the winter break.