St Mirren v Celtic SPFL PREMIERSHIP 2/1/24

shull

1 minute ago, spankin_panda said:

Poor start. I didn’t see much in the Olusanya one in real time, keen to see it back. 

Looking at it slow mo it was red....our defence was slow mo first 45...better 2nd half but a total breeze for them

It’s hard to comprehend that first six minutes. Killed us and on a hiding to nothing from there on in. 
for me the red card was inevitable and says, in my view, more about olysanyas ability as a footballer and certainly no malice in it. Again, and it’s only my opinion, he is way out of his depth. 
I really thought, despite the ten men, we had a real confident spell of passing football until they scored the third. From there it was damage limitation. 
On reflection the dreadful, naive start was extremely poor from us. How maeda was not carded is beyond me!

I thought Taylor played well on the ball, quite impressed with elvis and hemming was, once again, outstanding. 

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

The way the rules stand at present, the ref had very little choice.

It was clearly accidental but have seen similar outcomes elsewhere.

Umpteen games have been spoiled by decisions like this.

It's time that a 10 minute sin bin was introduced in football for incedents like this.

It's a f*cking collision and nothing more, two players trying to make contact with the ball.

Can you imagine a Celtic player being red carded if the situation was reversed. Not a f*cking snowball in Hells's chance ! Old Firm bias.

Sore one. Strange set up from Robbo to start with. Having Flynn and Boyd-Munce (who doesn’t look fit) who are not mobile, matched up against Celtic’s central 3 seemed mental. Surely move Gogic in there and Dunne or Bolton into CB. Olusanya unlucky with the red but was a red nowadays. Noticed there was a high Celtic boot in the second half and not even a foul. The ref’s obstruction of a saints player and waving play on when it stopped a great break was a joke as well. Can’t blame the ref for today though. 
Positives were Taylor, Bolton, Hemming again, Gogic again, it was only 3 goals and Elvis did ok when he came on. 

Edited by Balmullo Bud

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It's a f*cking collision and nothing more, two players trying to make contact with the ball.

Can you imagine a Celtic player being red carded if the situation was reversed. Not a f*cking snowball in Hells's chance ! Old Firm bias.

Stupid VAR...The ref used to control game at normal speed....anything slowed down looks worse....ref gave yellow both players were brave but its no longer a contact sport

29 pts after 22 games.... 11 before split .... 1.32 ppg...  so repeat that and we go into split on 44 pts.... should be enough to compete for Europe.... although i still think unless u get 3rd and 8m its a poisoned chalice .... 

4 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

It’s on Sky. For many years they dictate what time Celtic and rangers away games are held. 
Are you going?

Just back. Seldom are games over and done with in less than a minute, this was an exception. But for our goalie, it could have been a cricket score. Glad football ceased for a few weeks as it’s been misery recently. Oh, did you go ?

Those first six minutes really knocked the stuffing out of us.  Add in Toyosi Olusanya getting sent off and the game was well and truly a bogie.

It ended up too one sided and Celtic managed the game from there on and looked comfortable.

Zach Hemming pulled off some terrific saves to keep the score line down but let's face it, the game had already gone.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Totally agree. A yellow card and nothing more.

12 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Hopefully the manager has seen enough to realise that Fraser, Bolton and Taylor with Tanser and Elvis at wing back can cope and finally get Gogic back in to midfield.

Totally agree....Gogic must move into midfield....also give Small some game time....Elvis looks a player