St Johnstone v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 6/12/23

shull

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Imagine taking pleasure only when the team you apparently support lose. 

He is not taking pleasure.

With St Mirren, you just got to laugh. It's what they put you through most of the time. I had 50 years of mostly despair watching them and the team letting me down.

You just ust got to laugh now and again to ease the pain .

Elvis has St Mirren sussed. He knows the score.

And he is a supporter like the rest of us.

Long suffering.

4 minutes ago, billyg said:

Dare I say it , we're treading water , can't score in a barrel of fannies , this is relegation form , we're handing points to teams who were behind us in the distance !

Yup. Free fall & with long ball tactics, players who’ve been out of form but starting ahead of others, it’s no surprise. 

Would seem We got lucky at the start of the season and we are now being found out. 

Edited by spankin_panda

Instead of finishing in the top six, we are now entering a phase where we're struggling against dropping into a group of four fighting against relegation - despite our promising start to the season!

Despite our present position in the league, it's now a battle between ourselves, St Johnstone, Livingston and Motherwell against relegation.

Currently these are the four teams on a downer.

However, if we can regain our earlier form - all is not lost - although there's no sign of that happening.

PS: Aberdeen are definately on a downer but probably have too much quality to go down under a new manager.

Edited by northstbuddie

Well there you have it folks. That is rock bottom so far this season. 
Fraser, Gogic, Dunne, Bolton, Kiltie, O’Hara, Boyd-Munce, McMenamin, Ayunga, Jamieson all woeful. 
Fraser was infuriatingly bad tonight. When Baccus came on I had genuinely forgotten that Kiltie was on the park. 
That St. Johnstone team is absolutely shite and we were too shite to even get a draw off them. 
Really don’t know what the answer is. Whatever footballing ability our players had earlier this season seems to have evaporated. 

No energy again. They did no more than us, but when you are not professional enough to see that through to gain a point is criminal. We built our good results around pressing early and moving the ball quickly. We now look sluggish in our movement and the long ball thing needs to stop. If there is a positive (I know) Ayunga's contribution since he has returned has been great. No idea how we turn this around.

10 minutes ago, shull said:

He is not taking pleasure.

With St Mirren, you just got to laugh. It's what they put you through most of the time. I had 50 years of mostly despair watching them and the team letting me down.

You just ust got to laugh now and again to ease the pain .

Elvis has St Mirren sussed. He knows the score.

And he is a supporter like the rest of us.

Long suffering.

That’s not the case at all with him. He has us written off every single game before a ball is kicked. And takes great pleasure when we do lose.

If all results had went the way he predicts, we’d be proping up the lowlands feeder league by now. 

Edited by bazil85

Boyd Munce should never be in the side ahead of Baccus , McMenamin looks as if he wants back across the Irish Sea,  Tanser got his new contract and has regressed to last season's form , O'Hara has stopped running , which is the main part of his game. I could go on !

1 minute ago, W6er said:

Well, we have two home games to turn it around. Motherwell, who we face in ten days' time, look woeful. I think we should beat County by the odd goal. :) 

Two massive games that 2 months ago we'd already have been counting the 6 points , not now , if we were to lose both I dread to think what lies ahead ! 

3 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

At least this latest defeat has revitalised this forum.

But hey - we're still in fourth position.

Enjoy it while you can!

The matchday thread has been good tonight.

The result not so good.

On the bright side, we are not Aberdeen.

9 minutes ago, billyg said:

Boyd Munce should never be in the side ahead of Baccus , McMenamin looks as if he wants back across the Irish Sea,  Tanser got his new contract and has regressed to last season's form , O'Hara has stopped running , which is the main part of his game. I could go on !

Agree with this, but not Tanser. Thankfully he has been decent. O'hara last season was box to box, getting on the end of chances and between him and Baccus created the platform to move us forward. Hasn't happened this season. Baccus has to start, if fit, but I have no idea how we turn this run of form round, it's been awful.

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

When i had the temerity to suggest CBM wasn't contributing I was told on this forum that his play alongside Baccus was a thing of beauty and that O'Hara would not get back in ahead of him.

It's pretty clear that Baccus is the driving force in the middle and provides the spark (when it is there) and the other players don't know what to do without Gogic in midfield.  Jamieson was disappointing yet i still think he will do very well for us.

In all honesty, aside from home v the fakes we have been shit since that cup game at Easter road.

As for Mandron, he seems to lack the heart for a battle and all of a sudden Jon Obika looks like a goal machine again in comparison.  Instead of decorating lamposts maybe we should have a whip-round for Van Veen on loan in the new year

It's our perrenial problem, the opposition suss out both the tactics in the Robinson playbook and they know we can't score.  That means they only have to sit it out and hit us on the break in the way Dundee did so effectively against us.  

Very quickly, we need to go to 4 at the back or even 5 with 2 holding in midfield, but we don't have that many decent defenders in the squad.  If Robinson can figure out how to get the door closed at the back then fine, if not then he has the kind of trouble that very few managers can get themselves out of

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

That’s not the case at all with him. He has us written off every single game before a ball is kicked. And takes great pleasure when we do lose.

If all results had went the way he predicts, we’d be proping up the lowlands feeder league by now. 

I can't believe folk still mention him. He needs attention and he gets it here and on p&b.  Even when we win , posters still refer to him. It's what he wants.