Aberdeen away (Dec 30th)

Geordie Saint

Fantasising, about a last minute trip to Pittodrie. If Fantasising is the right word lol.  Think that's the only SPL ground I've yet to visit. Would be good to get there before they move. What is the likelihood of paying at the gate? The last minute aspect will be to keep an eye on the weather and chances of the game being on.

1 hour ago, john scott said:

Fantasising, about a last minute trip to Pittodrie. If Fantasising is the right word lol.  Think that's the only SPL ground I've yet to visit. Would be good to get there before they move. What is the likelihood of paying at the gate? The last minute aspect will be to keep an eye on the weather and chances of the game being on.

It’s highly unlikely that there will be a cash gate.

St Mirren volunteer SLO (Karin) usually attends all away games and she has in the past brought along tickets purchased by fans living far away. 

If I were you John I’d reach out to Karin at [email protected] and discuss this as an option. 

https://www.stmirren.com/tickets.shtml?ftredirect=1

IMG_5656.thumb.jpeg.b6dbb80d0eef44a02754778bc6f302de.jpeg

Before my son moved to Inverness it generally took me about 5hrs from Stanley to Aberdeen, if you go I hope the weather and traffic is good to you, the away area at Pittodrie is a crumbling mess mind.

On 12/18/2023 at 9:50 PM, Albanian Buddy said:

It’s highly unlikely that there will be a cash gate.

St Mirren volunteer SLO (Karin) usually attends all away games and she has in the past brought along tickets purchased by fans living far away. 

If I were you John I’d reach out to Karin at [email protected] and discuss this as an option. 

https://www.stmirren.com/tickets.shtml?ftredirect=1

IMG_5656.thumb.jpeg.b6dbb80d0eef44a02754778bc6f302de.jpeg

After your advice I got a reply from an email to Karin saying while she won't be attending personally, one of her colleagues can meet me there with a ticket should I decide to travel. Decision to be made now 🤔.

Decided to go for it. Unexpectedly been able to drag the wife up there with me for a stay in the Copthorne. A step up from my usual travelodge/premier inn. She's not going to the game. Maybe a good thing as the last one was a 4-1 hiding at Livingston. Ordered my ticket today and been assured any tickets, including mine will be taken up there and be able to pick up from the Aberdeen ticket office. Sod Xmas, I'm looking forward to my Aberdeen trip.

Decided to go for it. Unexpectedly been able to drag the wife up there with me for a stay in the Copthorne. A step up from my usual travelodge/premier inn. She's not going to the game. Maybe a good thing as the last one was a 4-1 hiding at Livingston. Ordered my ticket today and been assured any tickets, including mine will be taken up there and be able to pick up from the Aberdeen ticket office. Sod Xmas, I'm looking forward to my Aberdeen trip.

Well done you, hope you enjoy it and the result is satisfactory.

2 hours ago, john scott said:

Decent hotel mate, stayed there a few times, nice and handy for the train station and the bar/restaurant is pretty good as well.

On 12/21/2023 at 7:22 PM, john scott said:

Keep an eye on the weather for getting home mate, could be cancellations on the trains etc. 

After recent performances I wouldnt travel to Abercorn St let alone Aberdeen. Watching us at the moment is like watching paint dry. Meaningless punts up the park to striker's who can't control the ball. Certain players can play poor for weeks and never get dropped. SR only has one way of playing, he's a one trick pony. Sad say it will be a 3.0 loss at Aberdeen.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Not sure if I'm looking forward to my trip up to Aberdeen but I'll do my best to put a brave face on things if it all goes wrong.

I'll be with 4 Aberdeen supporters and a Liverpool supporter, who I've not met before.

Hope he's up for supporting us, I'll need some back up. :rolleyes:

Have fun, mate. You never know, we might just get that bit of luck that reinvigorates the whole team and go on an implausible run of victories! :)  

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

After recent performances I wouldnt travel to Abercorn St let alone Aberdeen. Watching us at the moment is like watching paint dry. Meaningless punts up the park to striker's who can't control the ball. Certain players can play poor for weeks and never get dropped. SR only has one way of playing, he's a one trick pony. Sad say it will be a 3.0 loss at Aberdeen.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

This makes sad reading SPS. Reading such a negative post from a true SMFC diehard like yourself is painfully poignant. Witnessing the downturn in our team's performances in recent weeks has been painful for us all, but your reaction suggests you have a lack of hope for upcoming fixtures.