Lennon Out

And you are feeling confident as we stride into our 12th match, with one victory in the past 11?

I think that things will start to turn in our favour and this would be the perfect home game to start something that resembles better form.

I think we will get a result in this weeks game that will surprise a few and a very welcome 3 points.

It won't mask recent form or results but bad runs come to an end and this weekend things will improve.

The Telegraph -

Too little , too late ?

Relegation from the top tier is often the cue for clubs to dispense with the services of their manager. At St ­Mirren, however, it appears that Danny Lennon will be asked to leave whether or not he helps them to retain their Scottish Premiership status.

His four-year contract expires in June and, after being informed by his directors that awarding him a new deal may deter prospective purchasers (the club has been for sale since 2009), Lennon is resigned to leaving come what may.

In other words , the club will be sold in the summer and the new guys don't want him. Is anyone surprised ?

Edited by billyg

The Telegraph -

Too little , too late ?

Relegation from the top tier is often the cue for clubs to dispense with the services of their manager. At St ­Mirren, however, it appears that Danny Lennon will be asked to leave whether or not he helps them to retain their Scottish Premiership status.

His four-year contract expires in June and, after being informed by his directors that awarding him a new deal may deter prospective purchasers (the club has been for sale since 2009), Lennon is resigned to leaving come what may.

In other words , the club will be sold in the summer and the new guys don't want him. Is anyone surprised ?

You may be right. I cant help but feel that SG would have punted DL if there wasnt a buyer to protect top flight as the cost of paying up 6 months contract would surely be less than the money they would get for a team in the first division.

The Telegraph -

Too little , too late ?

This has been clear since Dundee United knocked us out the cup. There is no way Danny will be getting a new contract to manage here next season, regardless of what happens between now and May. He's wasted far too much money on transfer disasters and oh, we are in the ever familiar position of 11th in the league.

Danny therefore is not managing us between now and May to win a contract at St Mirren, he and the BoD knows that won't be happening. Danny's motivation in managing us between now and May must be for his future employment possibilities.

If Danny relegates us it is pretty likely he will never manage a full time club again. Look how long Gus took us to get back in, and he had achieved more with us than Danny has. If he keeps us up he has a decent chance of getting a job with a Championship or a League 1 club like Morton next season.

Oh and, the bit about not giving him a new contract due to the club being for sale is patent nonsense and shameless spin from the BoD.

As the article points out, the club has been for sale since 2009. Danny was appointed in 2010 and given a contract extension in 2011. The club is no nearer to being sold now as it was then. Infact it's probably further away as the CiC is no longer on the horizon.

Therefore the club being for sale point is nothing to do with Danny not being given a new contract. If it is, why was he given one in 2011?

The reason Danny won't be getting a new contract is due to our almost unmitigated disaster of a season. He's failed in every competition this term and we are in a lower position in the league than we were when he took over 4 years ago.

Therefore the club being for sale point is nothing to do with Danny not being given a new contract. If it is, why was he given one in 2011?

I don't think there is much spin to this. This story has been doing the rounds for months, it's nothing new.

Safe to say though, if we were in the top half of the league, Danny would be offered a new contract.

Oh and, the bit about not giving him a new contract due to the club being for sale is patent nonsense and shameless spin from the BoD.

As the article points out, the club has been for sale since 2009. Danny was appointed in 2010 and given a contract extension in 2011. The club is no nearer to being sold now as it was then. Infact it's probably further away as the CiC is no longer on the horizon.

The reason Danny won't be getting a new contract is due to our almost unmitigated disaster of a season. He's failed in every competition this term and we are in a lower position in the league than we were when he took over 4 years ago.

If you read the paper the other day Lennon said the sale of the club is nearing completion .I would imagine they will wait till season end to announce it.

The Telegraph -

Too little , too late ?

And it also means there is 100% not a hope in hell of them sacking him and hiring a new manager this season.

To whom? And what would Danny Lennon know about it?

I don't think it's outwith the bounds of possibility that SG nipped into Danny's office, shut the door, sat down and said 'We've been trying to punt this pup for years, and we're just about to sign a deal to sell up. If you get us relegated and fcuk it up, I'll get that Odyssey White Hot putter that pozbaird won at the golf day and batter you over the fcuking heid' with it.'

This will be how Danny knows. I might of course be wrong.

I still think Gus did us a right good turn over the piece - as has Danny... If he doesn't relegate us. If we stay up, and if SG sells up, then IMHO Gus, Danny, and SG have their legacy intact and we move on to whatever the future holds... Hopefully not a wee dodgy looking guy with a fitba' top tucked into his Primark slacks with a dress shirt under his top, who wants us to ditch the stripes and make the yellow kit our primary kit... No, hold on, we're doing that already. Welcome aboard wee man. Are you a Smurrrnnn supporter? Are ye? Are ye? Whit's in it fur youuuuu?

FFS, my medication needs upped.

Edited by pozbaird

I still think Gus did us a right good turn over the piece - as has Danny... If he doesn't relegate us. If we stay up, and if SG sells up, then IMHO Gus, Danny, and SG have their legacy intact and we move on to whatever the future holds... Hopefully not a wee dodgy looking guy with a fitba' top tucked into his Primark slacks with a dress shirt under his top, who wants us to ditch the stripes and make the yellow kit our primary kit... No, hold on, we're doing that already. Welcome aboard wee man. Are you a Smurrrnnn supporter? Are ye? Are ye? Whit's in it fur youuuuu?

FFS, my medication needs upped.

I agree. I wouldn't have sacked Gus when we did, but accepted that the board had made the decision and moved on. I welcomed Lennon with a degree of trepidation, and he has done well for much of his time here. We played some of the best football I've ever seen us play under Lennon in the first couple of seasons, and sporadically since then. This season the football hasn't been great and the results have been the worst of his reign.

He'll leave with my thanks and respect in the summer for the cup win and some great football. As will the board of directors for different reasons.

I sincerely hope we stay up.

Same question as last week to the happy clappers, Oaksoft et al, when we lose on Saturday to Killie, will that be enough to put Lennon out of his misery?or should we draw it out for another few weeks?

We should NOT sack a manager mid sesaon unless there's been a breach of contract.

How many times do I have to say this?

In fact, I'd make that an SPL rule. A managerial window would stop all this endless noise we've had to put up with since August.

The Telegraph -

Too little , too late ?

Thank god for you billy. I personally would never have reached that conclusion without your footballing insight.

No doubt your hugely successful playing career where you won three consecutive Cub Scout under-12s league titles and appeared four times for the regional select Guides XI until they discovered you were a boy has given you this wonderful insight which is well beyond the reach of the rest of us mere mortals.

Thank god for you billy. I personally would never have reached that conclusion without your footballing insight.

No doubt your hugely successful playing career where you won three consecutive Cub Scout under-12s league titles and appeared four times for the regional select Guides XI until they discovered you were a boy has given you this wonderful insight which is well beyond the reach of the rest of us mere mortals.

Now you know exactly how we feel when we need to put up with your sanctimonious pish.!!!!!!!

I liked Gus, he got us into the SPL.

... and kept us in it, and reached a League Cup Final, and won the Bells B&Q Ramsdens Challenge Diddy Cup, and won the reserve League Cup, and saw us through the stadium move, and got a Sellik manager sacked, and gave me two truly unforgettable days of my St Mirren supporting life - at Falkirk and especially Motherwell. That 3-2 game was electric. The scenes in our end were truly magnificent.

Lots of it was shite though. But the stuff above is enough to make me stick by my view - Gus and Andy were good for St Mirren.