Stephen Mallan and Dundee

div

Well alternatively faraway we should sell for 100k and close down ralston as if we rear talent like this one and give them away a with McLean and mcginn I see no point in ralston. It costs alot to run and If that's the case I'd prefer it went on the first team and not developing our own players just so we can let them go on the cheap. Mcandless at Falkirk left for 1m didn't he 18 month ago.was he as good as mallan?

7 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Well alternatively faraway we should sell for 100k and close down ralston as if we rear talent like this one and give them away a with McLean and mcginn I see no point in ralston. It costs alot to run and If that's the case I'd prefer it went on the first team and not developing our own players just so we can let them go on the cheap. Mcandless at Falkirk left for 1m didn't he 18 month ago.was he as good as mallan?

It wasn't Dundee that wanted to sign him though.

Unless our young players start gaining the attention of championship clubs, the fees of £500K - £1million just aren't going to happen.

If we do sell Mallan to Dundee, then I we'll not get any more than £300K plus add ons IMO.

11 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Unless our young players start gaining the attention of championship clubs, the fees of £500K - £1million just aren't going to happen.

If we do sell Mallan to Dundee, then I we'll not get any more than £300K plus add ons IMO.

The only one who was attracting interest from England before his injury was Naismith

Big,strong with a turn of pace that what attracts them

McGinn was classed as a good SPL player deemed not quick enough for England

Mallan no doubt will be seen as the same

Unless he really steps up with his set play delivery SPL will be his limit

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

There are only 3 or 4 clubs in the country that could spend £300K on a player and Dundee ain't one of them!

16 minutes ago, div said:

There are only 3 or 4 clubs in the country that could spend £300K on a player and Dundee ain't one of them!

I doubt they will, but having taken in £750K in recent weeks, they could spend £300K if they wished.

Whether that would be prudent financially on their part is another matter.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I doubt they will, but having taken in £750K in recent weeks, they could spend £300K if they wished.

Whether that would be prudent financially on their part is another matter.

No, they really couldn't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31665265

They made a £200K loss last season too. So my those figures they are over £3m in the red.

Dundee are on a fast track to do what they've already done twice before.

No, they really couldn't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31665265

They made a £200K loss last season too. So my those figures they are over £3m in the red.

Dundee are on a fast track to do what they've already done twice before.

I'm well aware of their finances or lack of them to be more accurate.
As I said,they could. When has spending out with their means ever stopped them? They're planning to build a new ground,which would seem sheer folly given their financial situation. If they want Mallan badly enough,IMO they're stupid enough to pay the aforementioned sum. However I reckon they'll wait a year and try for him on the cheap. If they've not gone into administration by then. Fingers crossed. [emoji2]

9 hours ago, Drew said:

I didn't suggest it doesn't. If you'd actually read and understood my post, that would have been a bonus.

Understood the post where you asked about lazy journalism in a sentence which omitted two commas and a question mark?

Away and chill out Mr Vinegar Tits.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Understood the post where you asked about lazy journalism in a sentence which omitted two commas and a question mark?

2/10 (based on pity, more than anything else).

Personally, I thought one missing question mark; one missing comma; and one superfluous comma.
Where do you feel the second missing one should be?

"Vinegar tits"! Quality.

The Mallan situation, currently anyway, is very different from the one we found ourselves in with McGinn and McLean.

McGinn was obviously out of contract completely and whilst at the time the board were berated for letting him go for £100K, which was significantly less than his development fee, the 33% sell on clause that we apparently included could yet reap us a hefty income if he keeps going the way he's currently going. Indeed it could be game changing money for us if they sold him for say £2m which is not out of the question by any means.

McLean only signed a new contract ont he understanding that he could go if a bigger club came in for him.

Both those players featured in a cup winning top flight team. Both scored goals and performed consitently in the top flight.

Mallan burst on to the scene with "THAT" goal at Dens Park but he's played only a handful of matches in the Premiership, and has a season of fairly successful Championship football under his belt. He has two years to go on his current deal.

We're in a strong position with Mallan. We don't need to sell, and my understanding is that we won't sell, unless the manager and the board agree the deal is in the best interests of both the player and the club and that we have replacement(s) lined up.

I can't see him going to Dundee, they've upped their offer from £75K to just under £100K. They aren't then going to suddenly offer £300K.