Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Well, a more pressing concern IMO is the fact we conceded 4 goals to a team below us in the league. Goncalves has come in let's hope he does well but attention has to turn to defence

Fair enough but we could put Mair and DVZ into the back four and possibly Yacub or Dummet. Holt also a possibility. When you consider that two of the goals were gifted by on player then maybe just taking him out is solution. In saying that Barron was superb against both Motherwell and Killie.

why the cheesy hate, boys one of the better defenders at the club.

There isn't any Cheesy "hate" and I wish people would give up this idea of a witch hunt against certain players. It's not like fans meet in secret on certain nights to decide who they're going to claim isn't good enough to play for St Mirren that week, and then barrage the football forums with such a view. If people are of the opinion a certain player isn't good enough, then that's their opinion - just because it's expressed en masse doesn't make it any less valid or any more of a "hate" campaign! And I'm sure those who hold such an opinion would be the first to acknowledge when he plays well, and many have done in the past.

The same goes for Robertson/Teale etc.

Anyway, Cheesy being "one of the better defenders at the club" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of his talents - A. because we only have a handful of defenders at the club, and B. because the standard of defenders at the club is one of the worst at SPL level.

There isn't any Cheesy "hate" and I wish people would give up this idea of a witch hunt against certain players. It's not like fans meet in secret on certain nights to decide who they're going to claim isn't good enough to play for St Mirren that week, and then barrage the football forums with such a view. If people are of the opinion a certain player isn't good enough, then that's their opinion - just because it's expressed en masse doesn't make it any less valid or any more of a "hate" campaign! And I'm sure those who hold such an opinion would be the first to acknowledge when he plays well, and many have done in the past.

The same goes for Robertson/Teale etc.

Anyway, Cheesy being "one of the better defenders at the club" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of his talents - A. because we only have a handful of defenders at the club, and B. because the standard of defenders at the club is one of the worst at SPL level.

Spot on......well put bud.