Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

don't need proven managerial instincts to realise our 1st priority is not right back ,....centre half,,striker ,left back would be the thing most folk would see as priority

Good players are the first priority!

If he's a good player then I'll take him!

Lets hope Hartley & Stubbs don't read thus forum mind you... :lol:

I like a manager whose first priority was to go on holiday. smile.png

Wise man.

Yep, because as soon as he gets home until this time next year, virtually every waking hour will be consumed by St Mirren FC.

And of course this time next year he will planning our Premiership campaign thumbup2.gif

don't need proven managerial instincts to realise our 1st priority is not right back ,....centre half,,striker ,left back would be the thing most folk would see as priority

The boy Rooney is a right back or centre half going by what I've read. Naismiths best position is supposedly centre half and Kelly also. If we sign a left back and an experienced centre half that gives us cover right across the back four.

The boy Rooney is a right back or centre half going by what I've read. Naismiths best position is supposedly centre half and Kelly also. If we sign a left back and an experienced centre half that gives us cover right across the back four.

As I said yesterday we are in the running to sign Shaun, one or two people suggesting that by posting it on here that it might somehow Scupper any possible move, that's not the case. All of the interested clubs will make offers to his agent a certain ex Saints player and he along with the boy and his Dad will decide on the best option.

It's common knowledge about his availability to other Scottish clubs for a while now and the boy himself said as much. He's young and a wee bit raw but he's got great potential and wants full time football with a good club.

I've been selling the club to him as much as I can along with the odd threat if he doesn't.:-)

As I said yesterday we are in the running to sign Shaun, one or two people suggesting that by posting it on here that it might somehow Scupper any possible move, that's not the case. All of the interested clubs will make offers to his agent a certain ex Saints player and he along with the boy and his Dad will decide on the best option.

It's common knowledge about his availability to other Scottish clubs for a while now and the boy himself said as much. He's young and a wee bit raw but he's got great potential and wants full time football with a good club.

I've been selling the club to him as much as I can along with the odd threat if he doesn't.:-)

The old sign so that we can all say " Fuxsake Rooney " or " Its all Roonaldo's fault" ( he needs a nickname).

"Most folk" aren't football managers, and for good reason it would seem, given some of the posts on here.wink.png

Poster on the pie and bovril site saying that Alan Gow has been offered another contract, and that he will sign shortly. Our fans seem pretty much split on any decision to keep him but I reckon he could do a job at championship level.

My main concern would be if Thommo signs again we have two aging forwards with no real pace, we need to address this with at least one new front player with a bit of genuine pace.

Gow's a strange one, maybe I'm missing something.

As far as I can see, he was signed in February as a free agent because there was no one else available. The free agent market in February really is bottom of the barrel stuff, and that's what Gow was and is.

His signing was met with almost universal derision and condemnation. Since then he's played plenty of minutes in a forward role without either scoring or making an assist.

Yet people want him given a new deal...? I must be missing something...

Poster on the pie and bovril site saying that Alan Gow has been offered another contract, and that he will sign shortly. Our fans seem pretty much split on any decision to keep him but I reckon he could do a job at championship level.

My main concern would be if Thommo signs again we have two aging forwards with no real pace, we need to address this with at least one new front player with a bit of genuine pace.

Terrible decision to keep Gow on, he's done absolutely nothing since he's been at the club.

Gow's a strange one, maybe I'm missing something.

As far as I can see, he was signed in February as a free agent because there was no one else available. The free agent market in February really is bottom of the barrel stuff, and that's what Gow was and is.

His signing was met with almost universal derision and condemnation. Since then he's played plenty of minutes in a forward role without either scoring or making an assist.

Yet people want him given a new deal...? I must be missing something...

No you're not missing anything that sums it up nicely.