Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Any serious speculation on the signing of new players. All rather quiet for my liking.

Know we have approached Fillip Kiss (Cardiff / Ross County on loan end of last season) but he is considering his options , which probably means no!

According to the PDE Tommy mentions the players on trial if good enough will sign them just before the Morton game. He says we will add two more players to the squad so that will be the 2 on trial. That's it by the sounds of things. Now let the knicker wetter posts begin !

According to the PDE Tommy mentions the players on trial if good enough will sign them just before the Morton game. He says we will add two more players to the squad so that will be the 2 on trial. That's it by the sounds of things. Now let the knicker wetter posts begin !

I think in terms of players to be offered contracts then there may be 2 places available. Above that, it wouldnt surprise me if there is at least one more space other than they two available for a loan signing.

So after we lose from last seasons squad(I know some where loans)Mcgregor, McGowan, djemba-djemba, dilo, magennis, Newton, bahhoken, Campbell, van zanten and harkins we will bring in only a young lad from man city's youth team, an unproven gk and an unproven forward plus maybe two trialists? Is there a major cost cutting exercise going on? Dundee and the like will shaft us as without depth we cannot compete throughout a full season. Surely another striker is a must? If we do not get players in to bolster numbers then you will know the manager has been selected to help cut costs. Also is tommy going to bounce his ideas off who as with the current squad Jim and Gary will be absolute musts every single game. Ok rant over we will be signing a right few before the start of the season right? I mean the chat when tommy came in was were light on numbers and I need bodies and fast.

Edited by norrie82

So after we lose from last seasons squad(I know some where loans)Mcgregor, McGowan, djemba-djemba, dilo, magennis, Newton, bahhoken, Campbell, van zanten and harkins we will bring in only a young lad from man city's youth team, an unproven gk and an unproven forward plus maybe two trialists? Is there a major cost cutting exercise going on? Dundee and the like will shaft us as without depth we cannot compete throughout a full season. Surely another striker is a must? If we do not get players in to bolster numbers then you will know the manager has been selected to help cut costs. Also is tommy going to bounce his ideas off who as with the current squad Jim and Gary will be absolute musts every single game. Ok rant over we will be signing a right few before the start of the season right? I mean the chat when tommy came in was were light on numbers and I need bodies and fast.

Tommy Craig said he needed 6 to 8 new players and I am sure that's what we will sign. Relax please

totally agree Norrie , you missed mair , caprice and cornell from the list , which in my opinion says we need at least 6 new signings to add to the three we have made to date , not too unhappy with the signings made , or with us bringing in players on loan , but I would like to see a few more signings

Why should we be worried about Dundee? 2 years ago we finished 11 points ahead of them in a season where we took the foot off the gas in the league after winning the League Cup. Since then Dundee have splashed out on lots of signings like Harkins, McGowan, McPake, Thomson who haven't played for teams finishing in the top 6 for ages. Even when McPake and Thomson played in a Hibs team with Leigh Griffiths scoring oodles of goals they couldn't finish in the top 6... once Griffiths left they played for a Hibs team who got relegated. (PS I wonder if Dundee fans are moaning that they have lost 14 players over the summer and only brought in 9 so far).

Why should we be worried about Dundee? 2 years ago we finished 11 points ahead of them in a season where we took the foot off the gas in the league after winning the League Cup. Since then Dundee have splashed out on lots of signings like Harkins, McGowan, McPake, Thomson who haven't played for teams finishing in the top 6 for ages. Even when McPake and Thomson played in a Hibs team with Leigh Griffiths scoring oodles of goals they couldn't finish in the top 6... once Griffiths left they played for a Hibs team who got relegated. (PS I wonder if Dundee fans are moaning that they have lost 14 players over the summer and only brought in 9 so far).

Still 6 players more than us!

I have to laugh at the hand-wringing over some of the players who people are citing as us having 'lost' since last season, and therefore needing to be replaced.

Bahookie, DD, Cornell, Harkins, Caprice....I could go on. We would have been better off without these guys never mind worrying now about their departure. Yes, we need cover, but I am confident that we would be better taking a chance on our own kids than these guys. Give me Declan Hughes over Djemba Djemba any day of the week, and I can't remember even seeing this lad play!

I reckon four more signings will do it, and think we will get at least three. Too early to panic, folks. When all is said and done, we aren't really worse off than we were at the end of last season. Sure, we would like to see improvement and to push on, but we also need to factor in a new(ish) coaching set up, and give them a chance to demonstrate what they can do.

Chill people, get out and enjoy the sun while you can, and be thankful for being a Buddie!

Edited by Drew

On the pints at the airport, gies a signing before this plane takes off!

Yes, enjoy. My pinting days at eight in the morning are long gone. Couldn't hack it now. When the Open was at Hoylake in 2006, our 9am flight from belfast to John Lennon was delayed so my mates decided we'd have a few. I resolutely refused for about two minutes and then though WTF? If you can't beat them. Enjoyed it but three was enough. Having said that by lunchtime we were giving it laldy in Matthew Street.