jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

1 hour ago, Drew said:

:lol:

What I will say , going by what Stubbs said on Friday , I think we'll be bringing in at least a couple of players who will raise eyebrows. If someone by pure luck predicts the names of the incomers Drew will post a laughing smiley !

39 minutes ago, billyg said:

What I will say , going by what Stubbs said on Friday , I think we'll be bringing in at least a couple of players who will raise eyebrows. If someone by pure luck predicts the names of the incomers Drew will post a laughing smiley !

The smiley was more about the Facebook source, tbh.

I have absolutely no idea who we might be bringing in. I would be delighted with both names mentioned, though more than a little surprised if we managed to bring in one of them, never mind both.

:wub:

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

OK, maybe not Mbappe, but this time, Charlie Miller must be on his way to St Mirren.

Current Appearancesurely he ain't big enough and I know some of us are 'fantasists' but wouldn't it help if he were 'real'   :P

Edited by jaybee
tch..... you said miller not Brown

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Be great signing for us, trouble is with Celtic Loanees is they stuff us when we have to leave them out against them

Lets hope we don't have to depend on Celtic loanees then.

4 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Bid accepted for Kris Doolan, I’m hearing. Nowhere near the “six figure sum” that has been touted but likely to be announced by close of play tomorrow at the latest!

Would be very surprised if this the marquee signing. Decent record with Thistle but is getting on a bit at 31.

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Would be very surprised if this the marquee signing. Decent record with Thistle but is getting on a bit at 31.

Adam Rooney is 30.

Doolan might not be a marquee signing, but he's got a decent scoring record in the premiership, and would bring some much needed experience to our frontline. Much more affordable too, I'd imagine.

A definite upgrade on the forwards whose services we dispensed with.

Would still need a target man though.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Adam Rooney is 30.

Doolan might not be a marquee signing, but he's got a decent scoring record in the premiership, and would bring some much needed experience to our frontline. Much more affordable too, I'd imagine.

A definite upgrade on the forwards whose services we dispensed with.

Would still need a target man though.

Not saying he's a bad player, just getting on a bit and I was he not used from the bench quite a lot last season ? 

Did Doolan not struggle to get in to a failing Partick team last season as well as having diminishing game time over the last couple of seasons? 

I'd be surprised if we were interested. 

Maybe some would fancy him as a decent standard squad player. 

8 minutes ago, munoz said:

Not saying he's a bad player, just getting on a bit and I was he not used from the bench quite a lot last season

Yeah. They seemed to prefer Conor Sammon instead.

Probably why they were relegated.:lol:

Think Doolan's season was disrupted by a few different injuries. Seems it was.

http://sport.bt.com/football/alan-archibald-praises-partick-thistle-striker-kris-doolan-S11364248256940

Edited by FTOF

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Yeah. They seemed to prefer Conor Sammon instead.

Probably why they were relegated.:lol:

Think Doolan's season was disrupted by a few different injuries. Seems it was.

http://sport.bt.com/football/alan-archibald-praises-partick-thistle-striker-kris-doolan-S11364248256940

I wouldn't against him signing as a squad player , but I could see us possibly using him in the same way as Thistle did. Wouldn't be best pleased about paying a fee for him though. 

Everyone who was wanting players with Scottish Premiership experience will be happy with Dolan.

I don’t like the idea of signing players as back up - Daryl Duffy last season anyone?

He might bag us 4 or 5 goals throughout the season, but it’s not a player I’d give Stewart AND money for.

5 minutes ago, linwood-bud said:

Everyone who was wanting players with Scottish Premiership experience will be happy with Dolan.

I don’t like the idea of signing players as back up - Daryl Duffy last season anyone?

He might bag us 4 or 5 goals throughout the season, but it’s not a player I’d give Stewart AND money for.

Hardly comparable , Duffy only played around 20 top flight games in Scotland ! Doolan averages better than 1 in 3 !

Doolan might be a decent signing as he has experience and is now doing a bit of coaching. He probably needs a fresh challenge.

We need a balanced squad, and bringing in Doolan to complement our young strikers does make sense. We still need a bigger target man type of player, however.

16 minutes ago, Drew said:

Doolan might be a decent signing as he has experience and is now doing a bit of coaching. He probably needs a fresh challenge.

We need a balanced squad, and bringing in Doolan to complement our young strikers does make sense. We still need a bigger target man type of player, however.

We have one

We signed him from Truro

Keep up !!