Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

11 minutes ago, FTOF said:

He had a hamstring injury and missed less than a month, in a season where he played 26 games.

In his last game he was subbed at half time as he had been feeling some tightness in his hamstring.

Less than a month and what month was that then ? Must be a really big one with 60 days 

He got injured 11th Jan came back played 63mins on the 3rd of March then played 45mins on 7th March,  League was suspended,  Grimbsy have not offered him another contract.. 

13 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Good back up center back if we brought him back but defintely not first choice. Wouldn't sign him. There are going to be plenty of players to choose from. Probably many better than Harry Davis

Did he not miss a number of games with us?

16 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Less than a month and what month was that then ? Must be a really big one with 60 days 

He got injured 11th Jan came back played 63mins on the 3rd of March then played 45mins on 7th March,  League was suspended,  Grimbsy have not offered him another contract.. 

For some reason, probably beer, I missed out February.

He's played fairly regularly for them and seems to be popular the fans.

They haven't offered any of their out of contract players contracts as they can't afford to apparently.

It's a moot point anyway IMO, as the manager will have had his eye on new CH's since January and I think that JG will have better players in mind.

Also, just as an aside, Sam Foley wasn't offered a contract by Northampton Town last season...…………………………...

I noticed that Marcus Fraser rejected a new contract with Ross County. Previous Captain and nearly 200 appearances for the club. I believe he is a Right Back but can also play Centre Back. At 25, he is still a good age and has plenty of SPL experience. Somebody surely within our wage budget and would allow Flynn to push up into Midfield. 

1 hour ago, Caldy_87 said:

I noticed that Marcus Fraser rejected a new contract with Ross County. Previous Captain and nearly 200 appearances for the club. I believe he is a Right Back but can also play Centre Back. At 25, he is still a good age and has plenty of SPL experience. Somebody surely within our wage budget and would allow Flynn to push up into Midfield. 

Very easily outmuscled according to Ross County fans on P &B. 

On 6/5/2020 at 9:16 AM, TopCat said:

He’s got a contract on the table from Celtic to be their second choice.

He either signs that or comes to us to be first choice and takes a pay cut.

I suspect he will rather sit on the bench for more money but you never know.

CG has rejected sellics contract offer.

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Thats very interesting. If CG is thinking about coming to us (to get first team football) that would be real boost - no doubt we would therefore continue to have one of the best keepers in the league!

I guess he has made his money and is now just looking to play football.

5 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Thats very interesting. If CG is thinking about coming to us (to get first team football) that would be real boost - no doubt we would therefore continue to have one of the best keepers in the league!

I think the message is i can do better than St Mirren

Just waiting to see where Hearts are playing next season

Good money could be spent strengthening other areas of the defence

Jim Stewart springs to mind about this signing

2 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I agree, there's a few more clubs that could offer him more and are a better bet than us.

No chance. 

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Can't argue with CG wanting the best deal available which goes with also getting game time. 

On 6/12/2020 at 9:41 AM, southsidebud said:

And hopefully he Doesn’t want to play that football in the championship 

4 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

And hopefully he Doesn’t want to play that football in the championship 

Yep - if we wants to get back into the Scotland squad he will want to stay in Premiership and be seen to be getting a good match day workout between the sticks.

He will get both with us 🙂

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

There is no way he is coming to us. He's just doing this to get a better move. 

Celtic will be paying him more than any other team will if he moves. I don't blame him if this is a negotiating tactic with Celtic but I hope not. Vladky to Celtic anyone? Chelsea seem to be interested in Foster