Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

Weasel words....

(or glib and shameless ones...)

There is a promise to pay back when they can - could that be once they get back into Europe and win the Champions League?

In the short-term how do they reach the end of the season, given the acknowledged outgoings and that Season Ticket monies have all been spent?

How...? By using the funds chipped in by bears to buy shares - but those funds have apparently now been 'promised' as LOANS by those who SHOULD be taking good care of them.

Would you happily give your hard-earned to someone who'd been done for 41 counts of fraud?

I despair... will they never learn?

King got a standing ovation after telling them this.... sigh..... :(

Edited by bluto

Personally, if I was Gilmour, I would have sent Sheriff Officers to serve a demand for the share of the game proceeds straight after the game yesterday. If not paid in 21 days, court again for sevco.

Your request would fail on a technicality, you said 'after the game' ?

I think it could be argued it was a one sided affair with the term 'game' being applied ( if at all ) loosely.

:P

Aye.

John James appears to be real Rangers man with a social conscience, morality, a desire to see justice done... But just having a shite taste in football teams...

About the "appeal".

It isn't actually an appeal.

It's seeking permission to see if there are grounds for making an appeal.

So the judge (or judges) looking at this plea will have to decide that the three senior judges ( who came to the conclusion that it was commonsense that the EBTs, that such as Graeme Souness, Barry Ferguson and Ian Murray got, were rewards for their labour - they were not loans.) were WRONG.

And the decision has to be made on some basis that the three senior judges had made a mistake in law.

It won't be an easy call to make, I suggest. So, it seems unlikely to be a successful plea.

Furthermore... One wonders why those doing the Administrative process would throw good money after bad - and opinion seems to be that...

...it is that HMRC will have got the result they wanted even more watertight (IE gone to appeal and STILL substantiated) so that down the road, in similar, but less diddily set up EBT cases, there will be no wriggle room.

It's all rather interesting. :)

Edited by bluto

It was destroyed. All credibility was gone. They should have been kicked out.

Absolutely spot on Slartibartfast. Any remaining credibility died the day all rules were ripped up to allow this Newco to join the 3rd division. It gave them the green light to peddle the charade of the same club. Not one club chairman or anyone else in authority has had the balls to report the truth since. Spineless Quislings, the lot of them.

Absolutely spot on Slartibartfast. Any remaining credibility died the day all rules were ripped up to allow this Newco to join the 3rd division. It gave them the green light to peddle the charade of the same club. Not one club chairman or anyone else in authority has had the balls to report the truth since. Spineless Quislings, the lot of them.

According to the media and their fans they have been hard done by

Slate the BBC but willing to take their money on the umpteen games they have covered

I keep hearing on this they are on their knees

They pumped our team 4-0 there and no doubt strengthen when they get into the SPL

i ain't laughing at them when our team look in worst state than them

Due to lack of maintenance on the stadium a couple of sections of a stand had to be evacuated last night after a roof panel came loose.

I wonder how much it'll take to get the stadium up to standard?

Wait until you see inside the Main Stand

Loose wiring everywhere it's a firetrap how it's passed Health&Safety i never know

Scratch that last comment i have a fair idea

Sports Direct have failed in a bid to have Rangers chairman Dave King jailed for breaching a gagging order.

But a judge still has to rule whether or not he is in contempt of court for breaching confidentiality undertakings.

Sports Direct allege Mr King did commit a breach during a media interview when he mentioned talks and a meeting about contracts between the firm and club.

Mr Justice Peter Smith is expected to give his full decision at London's Royal Courts of Justice on Friday.

The judge warned Mr King, who was sitting in the back of the court: "I think Mr King should say absolutely nothing (to the press) except how happy he is not to go to prison, and Mr Justice Peter Smith is a fair-minded judge."

The origins of the case go back to the retail agreement which Sports Direct entered into with the club's previous board.

The new board, which was elected earlier this year, has said before that it would like to renegotiate the deal.

Mr Ashley won a court injunction preventing Rangers, and anyone on the new board, from revealing details of the agreement.

Sports Direct alleged that Mr King breached this injunction during an interview he gave to Sky at his home in South Africa.

Mr Justice Smith dismissed the firm's motion that Mr King should be jailed.

From The Beeb site.

Edited by linwood buddie

Sports Direct have failed in a bid to have Rangers chairman Dave King jailed for breaching a gagging order.

But a judge still has to rule whether or not he is in contempt of court for breaching confidentiality undertakings.

Sports Direct allege Mr King did commit a breach during a media interview when he mentioned talks and a meeting about contracts between the firm and club.

Mr Justice Peter Smith is expected to give his full decision at London's Royal Courts of Justice on Friday.

The judge warned Mr King, who was sitting in the back of the court: "I think Mr King should say absolutely nothing (to the press) except how happy he is not to go to prison, and Mr Justice Peter Smith is a fair-minded judge."

The origins of the case go back to the retail agreement which Sports Direct entered into with the club's previous board.

The new board, which was elected earlier this year, has said before that it would like to renegotiate the deal.

Mr Ashley won a court injunction preventing Rangers, and anyone on the new board, from revealing details of the agreement.

Sports Direct alleged that Mr King breached this injunction during an interview he gave to Sky at his home in South Africa.

Mr Justice Smith dismissed the firm's motion that Mr King should be jailed.

From The Beeb site.

It's a weird one.... And I just dunno that Ashley and Co have failed.

Law is an intricate and devious beastie.

They turned up - at HUGE COST - yet appear to have made no attempt at pursuing an end....

Even the judge was circumspect....

And... King did say more than something to the Press. He shot his mouth off. Even after the judge's warning!

Been a while since I checked but I believe there is much more to come from today's court hearing. Ok King/Rangers have wasted(only) £200k today, but there are other related days down the line. I don't understand it fully but it seems to me that some things have now been stated openly in court that may resonate at further appearances.

They turned up - at HUGE COST - yet appear to have made no attempt at pursuing an end....

And... King did say more than something to the Press. He shot his mouth off. Even after the judge's warning!

Been a while since I checked but I believe there is much more to come from today's court hearing. Ok King/Rangers have wasted(only) £200k today, but there are other related days down the line. I don't understand it fully but it seems to me that some things have now been stated openly in court that may resonate at further appearances.

Do you think he could be done for being in possession of an offensive football club. .