Danny Says No More Signings

You tell me. What I do know however is that it is patently fcuking ridiculous to call for a new keeper on the basis that Cornell and Dilo are obviously duffers, having played zero proper matches, with their pre-season outings so far being behind defences that are in part cobbled together, or part trial formations involving a player both keepers just met that morning. It's a nonsense.

Newton was pretty awful in his first game for Saints, if I remember correctly.

Have to give these guys at least a few games to settle in and find their feet.

Newton was pretty awful in his first game for Saints, if I remember correctly.

Have to give these guys at least a few games to settle in and find their feet.

Newton played half a game v Ross County and was hooked at half time. Our defence is not new. Apart from left back replacements we are using players who have been with us for a while.

As far as Cornell is concerned? The problem is that a goalkeeper's mistakes are amplified, (even in their own mind), because generally, they lead to a goal.

Newton played half a game v Ross County and was hooked at half time. Our defence is not new. Apart from left back replacements we are using players who have been with us for a while.

As far as Cornell is concerned? The problem is that a goalkeeper's mistakes are amplified, (even in their own mind), because generally, they lead to a goal.

I wasn't clear obviously, I was really referring to the goalies rather than the rest of the defence........

pozbaird my they should have been the team in general ,although I think two young keepers coming in at the same time is not a good idea ,as you will no doubt agree with ,we should have tried for a bit of experience .

And how do you know we didn't try for experience but found them asking for ridiculous sums of money?

None of us know for sure who the club has or hasn't tried to sign?

And how do you know we didn't try for experience but found them asking for ridiculous sums of money?

None of us know for sure who the club has or hasn't tried to sign?

I don't know and don't claim to ,we read all the rumours that have been posted all summer langfield I didn't think we would get although it has been said he may come next summer at least experienced ,simonsen may still be available again experienced ,smith no thanks,dilo released from Blackburn and cornell third choice keeper on loan.

Most of our defence might have been around for a few years but McGregor has hardly kicked a ball in the last 2 years. It will take some games for him to get his sharpness back and develop an understanding with the other defenders so it's basically the same as having a new central defender in. As for the goalkeepers, I won't judge them on one game, I've seen much more experienced goalkeepers have some right howlers.

I don't know and don't claim to ,we read all the rumours that have been posted all summer langfield I didn't think we would get although it has been said he may come next summer at least experienced ,simonsen may still be available again experienced ,smith no thanks,dilo released from Blackburn and cornell third choice keeper on loan.

Yes you did. You said we "should have tried for experience" which implies you think we didn't try.

The truth is you have no idea who the club has approached but you're happy to make critical comments anyway?

Forgive me for sounding gloomy but we do need a experianced keeper in before the season starts.

We have just brought two new keepers in. Have you seen them at their previous clubs to know if they're good, bad, or indifferent?

Edited by pozbaird

I doubt a new manager but with the apparent lack of funds I suspect mr gillmour is watching v closely what happens up until christmas

You reckon Gilmour is gagging to sack the most successful manager we've had since Wham broke up?

Are you listening to yourself?

You do realise this is St Mirren you're supporting and not Man Utd don't you?

I ask because you seem genuinely confused about this.

Edited by oaksoft

You reckon Gilmour is gagging to sack the most successful manager we've had since Wham broke up?

Aye, but will Danny Lennon turn out to be George Michael... or Andrew Ridgeley?

As a question. Are fans of other clubs as quick to judge and so clearly divided as ours with respect to their thoughts on their managers?

I may have missed funny season last pre-season, but it has been particularly ridiculous these last few months.

Danny is up there with only a select few others who have brought national trophies back to Paisley...time for some to accept that...

As a question. Are fans of other clubs as quick to judge and so clearly divided as ours with respect to their thoughts on their managers?

I may have missed funny season last pre-season, but it has been particularly ridiculous these last few months.

Danny is up there with only a select few others who have brought national trophies back to Paisley...time for some to accept that...

St Mirren fans are no different from any others. The worst abuse I ever heard was while sitting in the home stand at Falkirk and the abuse being dished out to John Hughes was unbelievable. Two home fans started scuffling with each other before their mates calmed the situation down before the stewards did.

I watched us using a friend's Celtic ST, and the abuse being given to Samaras was frightening.

Remember 2 seasons ago ICT started shit, were bottom of the league, losing bucket loads of goals..........and the rest is history? Come back and pass judgement on our new keeper(s) and McGregor/defence, etc, etc in October when they've all had a chance to settle in and play a few meaningful games.

Sure it's a poor pre-season, but ffs give it some time before binning players you've seen once!! Reckon some of the people on here slating the keepers weren't even at the games.

Unreal!

On the subject of our two new 'dud' goalies - I distinctly remember Gareth Bale being pish at the start of his Spurs career - when he played, Spurs lost. I remember Patrice Evra having a howler in his Man Utd debut. Pretty sure Henrik Larsson was a bit whiffy at the start of his Celtic career. Didn't he score an own goal on his debut or something?

They should all have been binned. Shot. Slapped with a wet fish.

Edited by pozbaird

I distinctly remember Gareth Bale being pish - when he played, Spurs lost. I remember Patice Evra having a howler in his Man Utd debut. Pretty sure Henrik Larsson was a bit whiffy at the start of his Celtic career.

They should all have been binned. Shot. Slapped with a wet fish.

Correct, and Lex Baillie was pish at the start of his St Mirren career ............. and the rest is history!

Yes I'm serious. Time waits for no man your only as good as your last game. Alex smith was bagged less than a year after 87! I suspect Danny will be given the season but I doubt 11th again will save him

Yes you did. You said we "should have tried for experience" which implies you think we didn't try.

The truth is you have no idea who the club has approached but you're happy to make critical comments anyway?

yes you are correct I am happy to make critical comments ,if I feel criticism is necessary I pay my money and go to the games so I pay into the coffers an your opinion really means nothing to me