Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

St Mirren manager Danny Lennon: "There was a lot of attention on Pat Fenlon's credentials at the beginning of the season.

"But Pat's been strong, he's put one or two results together for them to climb up the table and that's great management.

"I certainly believe that I'm the man to take this club forward or I wouldn't be here.

"If the time comes that they decide to move Danny Lennon on, then what I would ask is, what do they expect from their new manager?"

A :- A win Danny or at least a shot on Goal

Nice man or not, Cup win or not I’ve had enough, Do the decent thing and go now Danny

DL the manager's ability can be questioned time and again.

DL the man, (much like Tony Fitzpatrick) cannot. He's a genuinely good man with nothing but good words for this club. Yeah he's cliched as f**k, but he's a straight up good person, as was documented regularly on this very website by the recently departed lad, Kevin, who Danny used to visit in hospital on a regular basis.

Poor decisions? Evidently.

Tactically Naive? Probably.

Hung out to dry by the BOD? Who knows?

But deserving of personal abuse such as being called a Fanny? Have a word with yourself.

Because the board believe he needs time to turn it around, it's one thing sacking him and another thing getting in someone who can do better.

How fcuking long? How much time? Are we really still holding onto this straw of hope? FFS are you blind? Better and worse teams have sacked a manager for this you know we're not special cases. At least we might have a shot on goal with a new boss. Seriously come on...

saint in exile

Posted Today, 17:03

Got your stats wrong, mate. We won 5 games in our League Cup run during 2012/2013. It's bad enough without you making it worse.

Sorry to say I've got them bang on correct. If you read my post I quote from 1st January 2012 not the start of the 2012 / 13 season. We won our three other games in that competition before the end of December.

We beat Ayr, Hamilton, Aberdeen, Celtic, and Hearts, starting in August 2012. Check your history books.

Eta see you already fessed up!

Edited by saint in exile

To be fair, he has a point.

I suspect we've moved beyond the point where there is anything worth debating here now. How many ways can the same thing be said?

Emphasis has to shift now.

Still don't see the point in closing it when it's the subject on everyone's lips and this is a forum designed to discuss hot issues ! We are speculating now as to whether Danny will go of his own free will or not !

The board are either going to sack him or say nothing. There would be no point in making a statement defending him as all that would do is inflame an already angry support. I have defended Lennon up to now but we are clearly in a terminal tail spin and what bar changing the manager can be done to arrest that. It would seem a sensible call to do it in the next 2-3 days as we would have an extra couple of days with the Mon night game to make at the very least a temporary appointment. We are still a decent gap ahead of Hearts and Killie are still well in sight so this seems to me to be the right time to make the change. A change of management and then even a point v the sheep would give the club a boost ahead of the trip to Tynecastle. Act now Gilmour & co and we can turn the season around - defeats next Monday and at Hearts and it might be a lost cause.

I'm sure there will be action but we need to be patient.

Patient? as in wait until we are a minutes from relegation then deciding something needs to be done? we are in deep shit and dont have the luxury of patience. We all sat patiently waiting for new players to come in during the transfer window, but when the BOD didnt fart a nugget, that was it.

Still don't see the point in closing it when it's the subject on everyone's lips and this is a forum designed to discuss hot issues ! We are speculating now as to whether Danny will go of his own free will or not !

Indeed!

I believe he's had backing. The Board will have highlighted the effect of paying players off, renewing contracts early last season and paying Harkins 2k per week and Gowser the alleged 4k per week. I don't know what we made during the Cup run, but seriously doubt it made a real difference. I also believe the Board must have demanded better in the league. As it stands, our squad is a mess, the wage structure is all over the place, even we don't know our best eleven and the performances are dire. No lessons learned, no togetherness and if there was a risk register it would read "Lennon has worked with the players each week" with an 80 to 90% chance of the associated risk of a loss being realised as a result.

Absolutely not. Because there are already 350 topics discussing the same feckin thing.

Not sure, but did you make your post on the thread before I merged with the 40+ page thread?

There was a thread started this evening which was merged in here.

Edit - just read reply above.

Edited by davidg

As I have just posted in the match thread, this isn't about Lennon now.

The only people who can take the action required to turn this situation around are the Directors of the club. Lennon is now an irrelevance in many respects as he clearly cannot do a damn thing to sort out this sorry shambles.

Emergency Board meeting on Monday, and Danny's services to be dispensed with. That won't sort things out, but it would be the necessary start.

A shame, but no place for sentiment now.

Get it sorted Gilmour!

Good post Drew but I've merged it in here as we're running over the same old ground.