Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

We're currently the 2nd worst team in Scotland and England going by points and goal difference, only Queens Park are worse by 2 goals. Surely that enough evidence to sack the manager regardless of his previous record.

why would queens park sack gardner spierslol.gif

Queens lost half there team from last season due to them going either full time or part time

we just got rid of half a team due to.................................?

Stupid post, this record is better than any st mirren manager in SPL history

I prefer to take that history back to the original Premier League, mainly due to the old SPL bringing f**k all to the Scottish game. We are, of course, now in the SPFL so I won't draw any comparisons and as such Lennon's record is the worst of any Saints manager during their first in a new league. Spin...gotta love it!

At my work, I'm currently managed by someone who is clearly out of her depth. She makes poor decisions, doesn't accept challenge about these decisions, has favourites and undermines those who are not among her favourites. The result has been an unhappy team with different cliques, and open dissent with her methods and management style. I deal with it by getting on with my job and largely ignoring everything she says.

I have no inside knowledge to know if similar dynamics are at play in Greenhill Road, but I fear, when you look at his body language in interviews and games, that Danny is displaying similarly poor leadership as my boss has. If there are players unhappy with his methods, tactics, decisions, he needs to address that, reflect, adapt if he thinks its appropriate and if not, stick to his guns and explain why he is doing so. He needs players like Goodwin, Teale and Thompson as his on field lieutenants, so to not address any concerns they have is poor leadership. I do not accept for a minute a guy like Thompson is not trying; his reaction after the second goal yesterday was one of anger and disappointment, a much greater reaction than the one I was able to muster.

And lets face it, there are a lot of reasons for the players to be unhappy. Lets take DL's press conference before the Hibs game, where he talks of how successful he has been as a St Mirren manager, how he has brought a new identity, blah blah blah.

Well, since Lennon has taken over, we have played 120 league games. We have won 26, drawn 40 and lost 54. That amounts to 22% of games won, 33% drawn and 45% lost. It would amount to 118 points, less than a point a game. in his first season, after a glut of summer signings most of who are now either playing in the third tier of Scottish football or below, or have given up the game, we only amassed 33 points, and were only saved by a very poor Hamilton Accies team - in just about any other season we'd have been relegated. He got rid of one of our best players (Carey), doesn't play one of our current best players (McGinn), allegedly agrees deals with other clubs that players must be played, no matter whether it suits St Mirren, signs two young inexperienced goalkeepers when a much more experienced alternative is available, hasn't signed enough strikers, hasn't organised his defence and has created an imbalanced squad.  The "identity" he talked about, of playing passing football from the back was, to my recollection, only present during fleeting episodes in his second season, and also at points during last season's League Cup success, though bizarrely this was not repeated in the league campaign.

Danny is a snake oil salesman. The League Cup win was great, and the fact that someone whose managerial record with us is very poor managed to excel himself on five occasions (particularly the semi and final) and we won a trophy as a result, is as much bewildering as it is fantastic. But the reality is now staring us in the face. Don't be fooled by the smoke and mirrors, time to get a good young manager in to sort this mess out.

Excellent post! Our "identity" is certainly not a tight, well drilled, attacking force. Lennon appears to think we're Barca or Dortmund because he "sees it in training".

I'm sure you, Div, your friends within the club and all of your mates on here and in the boozer will get your wish come true eventually.

Just back after being away the weekend so catching up on all the feedback from Saturday.

Quite interested to know what you mean by the above statement ?

My only wish is for St.Mirren to be successful. I couldn't care less who the manager is as long as the team is doing well.

Just back after being away the weekend so catching up on all the feedback from Saturday.

Quite interested to know what you mean by the above statement ?

My only wish is for St.Mirren to be successful. I couldn't care less who the manager is as long as the team is doing well.

Div well it aint happening under this one thats for sure.

First of all no-one is having a meltdown. Secondly you invited yourself into this "discussion" not me. Maybe you should have "left yourself out"...

Now away and hate the Old Firm - it's what your best at.bangin.gif

Of course you're not.whistling.gif

Also I don't hate anything. However, I do have a dislike for f**kwitted drama queens.

That must be the reason I'm drawn to your skitter laden posts.wink.png

I can't remember who and it probably doesn't really matter who but someone pointed out you had been backing the manager and then you seemed to change your school of thought about it all very quickly which people on here thought was out of character for you of all people.  I certainly was surprised so I'm guessing people who know you well would have been surprised as well.  I felt the same about David G who usually makes posts which are more, in my opinion anyway, constructive rather than criticism of the team and management staff.  I felt as though two of the people who I thought would back the guy while he was in the job had been lost to the cause so to speak and I admit I felt a tad disillusioned for want of a better word.  Add that into rumours circulating the Hostelries in Paisley about so and so being a friend of this player and so and so giving lifts home to this player and so and so saying stuff on Facebook and/or Twitter and the whole thing sounded so negative and depressing that it was as if people were just interested in causing scandal and making St. Mirren Park and the Ralston Complex look like a corner shop shithole.

Yes, I went a bit mad.  I am only human and as such will make mistakes from time to time.  I will now not listen to people around Renfrewshire who say this or say that and I've told certain people today I'm not interested in what they have to say about relationships with fans and players either in person, through social media, business or fundraising events.  That is their business, nothing to do with me and that's the why I would prefer it.

I admitted to Murray Street that yes, I can be a bit of a tit at times. I'd be very surprised if I was the only on here who can be as well. Like I said we're all human at the end of the day.

It wasn't supposed to be an attack on yourself or David G as people or your principles.  It was born more out frustration of recent results and people who, I see now, see themselves as the next Tolkien or Terry Pratchett and being continually trolled by people who seem hell bent on trying to ruin this website to the point where it's just them that is left posting it and accused of stuff that's nothing to do with me.  I would contact you or use the report button, but from my experience nothing gets done and so it all boils up to the point where stupid tit for tats as David G aptly put it spoil the theme of nearly every thread.

Anyway, I've said my peace and said more than I intended to.  Sorry Div.  Sorry David G.

Amen to that!  I'm sure that's the one thing we are all united about.

I think, not that Div needs or even probably wants anyone to defend him, that he's just not as quick as others to go social media with his views. I've always had good debate on DL's tactics etc and everyone has varying levels of tolerance.

But, to go on about anyone having an agenda is just plain stupid. There are trolls here, but there are also some people with snippets of info which are just that. Saying Lennon had his head in his hands or that there was a meltdown isn't a major issue, primarily as players etc shouldn't be on here and people shouldn't go scurrying back to their player mates reporting the latest. Even if players do see it or hear about it they only need to give a reaction...I should say a positive one. The only "source" posts that annoy me are signings, anyone leaking that should get toed in the nuts.

As for players getting lifts, who cares! The team bus is archaic, unless it's a tv game for the "arrival" shots or a long distance match.

If Danny was off he would have gone yesterday or today.

Looks like we are stuck with him.

You appear correct, very correct indeed.

The longer this week goes on without news of a managerial chopping the further my heart sinks because I cannot see us serve anything up on Saturday other than the dross we have come to accept and expect. The tactics that have failed us for the past months will not suddenly click before Saturday and I fear we will sink further into the abyss.

On a cheerier note, I hope I am wrong and in 20 years from now, those of you whom are still alive, can look back at this time as the time that "Danny nearly got bagged" before we beat Aberdeen 4 - 0 and went on to win the SPFL for the first of 19 successive seasons and several Champions league wins.

On a more realistic note I cannot see anything other than defeat as our schoolboy defending is awful and we may as well just give Aberdeen a one goal start.

On a cheerier note If we win I shall take the current wife out for a celebration by way of a square meal and some alcohol.

On a more realistic note it would appear likely that the current wife and I will spend another glum Saturday staring at the bloody television watching some twats dancing with professional dancing twats having had our mood destroyed by another humiliating defeat.

On a cheerier note I will spend less money if the inevitable happens and we again lose thus meaning I may be able to pay at least part of my heating bill this winter.

You appear correct, very correct indeed.

The longer this week goes on without news of a managerial chopping the further my heart sinks because I cannot see us serve anything up on Saturday other than the dross we have come to accept and expect. The tactics that have failed us for the past months will not suddenly click before Saturday and I fear we will sink further into the abyss.

On a cheerier note, I hope I am wrong and in 20 years from now, those of you whom are still alive, can look back at this time as the time that "Danny nearly got bagged" before we beat Aberdeen 4 - 0 and went on to win the SPFL for the first of 19 successive seasons and several Champions league wins.

On a more realistic note I cannot see anything other than defeat as our schoolboy defending is awful and we may as well just give Aberdeen a one goal start.

On a cheerier note If we win I shall take the current wife out for a celebration by way of a square meal and some alcohol.

On a more realistic note it would appear likely that the current wife and I will spend another glum Saturday staring at the bloody television watching some twats dancing with professional dancing twats having had our mood destroyed by another humiliating defeat.

On a cheerier note I will spend less money if the inevitable happens and we again lose thus meaning I may be able to pay at least part of my heating bill this winter.

Just as well we don't play until the Monday then.whistling.gif

Just as well we don't play until the Monday then.whistling.gif

Ah yes, no point indeed. I would normally type a long winded but highly intellectual reply (well I think so anyway and I am the centre of my own universe) but as I appear to have made a rip roaring arse of myself I will leave it as is in order to allow the other posters to view my unfortunate mistake.

In other words you have me at a disadvantage.

Did I ever mention that I think football should be played only on a Saturday? Well I do because.......ach Im away back to bed

I'm willing to get 100% behind Danny until the day he inevitably leaves, voluntarily or otherwise.

He is going through an extremely rough patch with the supporters, amidst an extremely poor run of results. As a manager, he can only do so much; shake up the line up, try different formations, remain positive. The club and Danny himself need complete 100% backing from the supporters on Monday night. I hope that we'll play John McGinn against Aberdeen and I hope DL and TC do their job and fire the players up to the point that every single player is sticking to their tasks and giving it everything they have. The players need to show that they're ready to fight against relegation.

I believe he's been absolutely shafted by senior players at the club and it's time for each and every one of those players to step up on Monday night. In fact, the only players I've seen busting a gut for the cause this season are Teale (although even he's looked lazy at times) & McAusland.

Just remember, there is absolutely no guarantee that the next manager will be anywhere near as successful as DL, in fact, it's extremely unlikely. He'll go down as one of our best managers of all time, regardless if we went down this season or not. If, in 2010, I was offered SPL safety, our highest ever league finish, our first trophy since 1987, less hoofball, 9 points off the automatic relegation spot and young players given opportunities in the first team I'd have bitten your hand off.

As long has the ability to fire up the players like he all the way to the cup final last season, I fully expect him to get through this.