Thanks For Everything Danny

Lex

Good post.

DL was always a cheap option and to an extent it actually worked better than i would have hoped for. The most enjoyable season in the spl we've had to date and a major trophy in the bag, however the remainderhas seen him look completely out his depth. Gus and danny have done a job, but the next appointment willput the spotlight on the board to make the right choice.

Lennon might still be manager during our next game, but I think it's becoming fairly obvious his sacking is inevitable over the next couple of months. We've just been too shit for too long now for this to be considered a blip.

I hope I'm wrong and Danny turns it around, but there has really been no indication over the last few months that is going to happen.

As for who should replace him if he does go, I'm really not sure as that's not my job. However, I would be quite happy with another younger manager looking to take a step up or get started.

great, let's have change-any change will do. Is that where we are?

I refuse to jump on the bandwagon of being over critical of DL...I think the guy will...in the passing of time be regarded as a hero of sorts for his League Cup victory...

Remember the treatment our last manager who won major national silverware got, which continued for years after he went. A so-called fanzine ran a tribute to him which referred to him as a fat homosexual alcoholic

Edited by beyond our ken

McLean must be liking it if that's the case as he looked at Lennon and threw a punch in the air (a fist if you must Posted Image) when he scored...

I assumed his Dad would have been the person that he was aiming the celebratory 'fist/punch' at. One thing I noticed was when PT scored all the players congregated at their dugout which shows me good team spirit and a good manager/team relationship, which is something I remember from winning the first div, our players would put their fingers over their mouths and ssshhh but run towards the dugout. I don't remember as many/any occasions of our players celebrating with our manager. In fact celebrations that stand out are Imrie shooshing us, Higdon cupping his ears towards us, Nigel going absolutely mental shouting towards the bench with Danny not celebrating, I always assumed Nigel was shouting something along the lines of, you would see more of this if you'd play me more. Most of the celebrations are between the individual and the fans, whether it is us being shoooshed or one of the local boys increasing their legendary status by running to the areas where they would sitting if they werent playing.

How many of those who are advocating sacking Danny before his contract runs out are prepared to fund his removal?

You are all VERY good at spending other people's money.

So let's have it then.

Instead of telling us whether you'd sack him or not, try posting how much you'd genuinely be prepared to pay out of your own salary to see it happen.

I assume it would probably require a pot of about £100k or more to get rid of him and the new manager would probably cost more so let's say a round £120k is required.

Which of you is up for paying a chunk of it then?

Given that the biggest mouths have the least to offer, I'll put Lex straight into the category of all mouth and no money.

I'll call that category of fan "Grade A Tits".

Edited by oaksoft

How many of those who are advocating sacking Danny before his contract runs out are prepared to fund his removal?

So let's have it then.

Instead of telling us whether you'd sack him or not, try posting how much you'd genuinely be prepared to pay out of your own salary to see it happen.

I assume it would probably require a pot of about £100k or more to get rid of him and the new manager would probably cost more so let's say a round £120k is required.

Given that the biggest mouths have the least to offer, I'll put Lex straight into the category of all mouth and no money.

Fair point...but watch out for the "we buy season tickets and so essentially it is our money" replies...which make an equally valid and fair point.

I don't think it's out of order by any standards to question the managers tenure as things stand, there is of course much more to consider i.e. contracts/replacements etc if we are to be realistic about the possibility of changing things.

Edited by ss39Lavety

So let's have it then.

Not surprised to see our resident communist lose the plot and resort to personal abuse. What took you so long?

Bizarre logic about money aswell. How much will relegation cost us? Danny has 8 months left on his contract, how much do you think he's being paid?! 10k + a month?! You've just plucked an imaginary figure out the air, it will cost us nowhere near 100k to get rid of him. I'm sure both parties can reach a mutual agreement.

You clearly have no idea how businesses work either, you're expecting a customer of a business to pay an employee off? You think if i walked up to Gilmour and said here's the money, go buy out Dannys contract.. he'd do it?

What an absolute headbanger :lol:

Lex, with all due respect, our opinions on this matter are polarised, and I'm not going to even start trying to change your mind on the subject.

However, to highlight the difficulties of being St.Mirren Manager I would like to point out that Danny did exactly as you asked in the second half.

Bahoken off for Teale - 1-0 Saints. Harkins off for McGowan - like gaining two players was the summary of your comments. Followed by: we've now got our strongest 11 at the club on the park.

Even though I wasn't at the game, we all know what happened next.

He had the right players on second half, but these players should have started. The team played far too deep after we scored and we invited wave after wave of Thistle attack, it was only a matter of time before the goal came. The players look like they don't believe in the manager, they don't look like they're motivated to play for the manager and they don't seem to be buying into his way of playing football.

Someone said elsewhere that the last thing we want is a repeat of the Hendrie or Fitzpatrick sacking. This is an excellent point. Both of those are club legends, both stayed far too long and left under a cloud with a bitter taste in the mouth for all parties concerned. The manner of their departure had a hugely negative impact on their future employability ( neither have managed full time since ) and the credibility of the BoD suffered in both instances.

I simply cannot see Danny turning this around anymore, it's too far gone, therefore the way i see it is this. Danny and the BoD now have two options. Option 1 is they reach a mutual consent agreement next week and part ways. Both Danny and the BoD can move on with heads held high and credibility intact. Danny will find a new job and we will find a new manager.

Option 2 is they let it drag on and it begins to get ugly. There was murmurings on twitter of a supporter protest before yesterdays game - not anything to do with me i may add - but this is the last thing any of us want. If he's still here by the Motherwell game i'm sure those murmurings will be far louder, and they will continue to get louder the longer he stays.

Things like that end up all over the media and it portrays our club in a bad light. It won't be good for Danny's future employability if there's fans protesting in the streets against him, it won't look good to any potential buyers of the football club either.

It is therefore best for all concerned if we part ways this week. The break gives us time to find a new manager and for him to have a look at the players before the big games coming up.

My opinion is that DL will be with us until at least January. The SMFC board will probably not splash out on new management, that is to say that the reason DL is here IMO is that he costs less than Gus...is there another manager out there who costs the same as DL who we would agree has a better chance of taking things forward?...and if we are going to splash out...which I think we should...January is probably the logical time to do so, given that the first questions a new manager is likely to ask are: how much can I spend? and who can I bring in?...

Yes, sounds about right.

He'll mostly likely be given a dozen games or so and the Hearts situation may give him a little more time still. If we're bottom of the league (or even isolated in 11th) at Christmas then that'll be curtains.

Not surprised to see our resident communist lose the plot and resort to personal abuse. What took you so long?

Bizarre logic about money aswell. How much will relegation cost us? Danny has 8 months left on his contract, how much do you think he's being paid?! 10k + a month?! You've just plucked an imaginary figure out the air, it will cost us nowhere near 100k to get rid of him. I'm sure both parties can reach a mutual agreement.

You clearly have no idea how businesses work either, you're expecting a customer of a business to pay an employee off? You think if i walked up to Gilmour and said here's the money, go buy out Dannys contract.. he'd do it?

What an absolute headbanger lol.gif:

He had the right players on second half, but these players should have started. The team played far too deep after we scored and we invited wave after wave of Thistle attack, it was only a matter of time before the goal came. The players look like they don't believe in the manager, they don't look like they're motivated to play for the manager and they don't seem to be buying into his way of playing football.

Someone said elsewhere that the last thing we want is a repeat of the Hendrie or Fitzpatrick sacking. This is an excellent point. Both of those are club legends, both stayed far too long and left under a cloud with a bitter taste in the mouth for all parties concerned. The manner of their departure had a hugely negative impact on their future employability ( neither have managed full time since ) and the credibility of the BoD suffered in both instances.

I simply cannot see Danny turning this around anymore, it's too far gone, therefore the way i see it is this. Danny and the BoD now have two options. Option 1 is they reach a mutual consent agreement next week and part ways. Both Danny and the BoD can move on with heads held high and credibility intact. Danny will find a new job and we will find a new manager.

Option 2 is they let it drag on and it begins to get ugly. There was murmurings on twitter of a supporter protest before yesterdays game - not anything to do with me i may add - but this is the last thing any of us want. If he's still here by the Motherwell game i'm sure those murmurings will be far louder, and they will continue to get louder the longer he stays.

Things like that end up all over the media and it portrays our club in a bad light. It won't be good for Danny's future employability if there's fans protesting in the streets against him, it won't look good to any potential buyers of the football club either.

It is therefore best for all concerned if we part ways this week. The break gives us time to find a new manager and for him to have a look at the players before the big games coming up.

Has he got 8 months left?

I thought he signed a contract about Oct/Nov time?

I'm not particlularly pro-lennon. i am a realist, he is not going to be sacked any time soon and the negativity from many is childish and destructive. no team has a divine right to win every game and anything that involves people will go astray from time to time. the hallmark of dignity and maturity is to hold fast and try and work it out, not sack every fukker's ass whenever the balloon goes up.

The weasel words of the OP are a disgrace, simply rubbing salt in the wounds if his dreams come true and wee danny is sacked.

I've said before, civilisation is a thin veneer and we are seeing that now. Terry Butcher is held up as an example by some, take a look at this extract from wikipedia.

On 27 January 2009, Butcher was appointed manager of Inverness Caledonian Thistle, signing an 18-month contract.[24] Butcher was joined in Inverness by Maurice Malpas as his assistant manager. In May 2009, Inverness were relegated

from the Scottish Premier League. In November 2009 George Burley was sacked as Scotland manager and at the same time Butcher left by mutual consent.

After a bad start to the 2009/10 First Division league campaign, Butcher managed to turn things around for Inverness. The turning point many see as being the win against his former club, Motherwell, in the cup. By the end of March, Butcher had guided his club from 16 points behind league leaders Dundee, to 4 points ahead and top of the Scottish First Division. He was awarded the "Irn Bru Phenomenal" manager of the month award for March.

[25] Inverness won the Irn Bru First Division on 21 April after Dundee were beaten 1–0 by Raith Rovers clinching Inverness's return to the Scottish Premier League.

Standing by DL just now might just be the making of him and our club. Remember that somebody has to come last and as a small club our turn for that comes around more often than we might like, but probably just as often as we deserve. It doesnt mean we have to abandon our dignity and humanity, we should be showing the best of ourselves just now but I honestly despair of the behaviour of some posters.

and finally, before i watch the recording of Richard Prior and open that wee bottle of Rioja, After seeing the owner of this forum call for the manager's sacking, the nasty part of me hopes that DL tells div to take a flying f**k to himself next time he asks for info or an interview. But i suspect that DL is some way better than that and I should be too.

good-night all. KTF and FTOF (whilst trying not to be like them)

Bollocks killie are not a better or bigger team but have been in the top flight without any break since 1992. That's consistent and they are financially hamstrung. If we can't be a solid spl team in the current climate we should chuck it. We're debt free playing in a league of teams who are financially crippled but yet we are flirting with the drop. It is a total shambles to be in this situation . Stmirren should be moving up not down. We need to be in the premier league. If not really what is the point

danny is getting nothing out of the squad ,like most on here I think he genuinely likes the club ,but unfortunately results and performances are well below a standard he set,if I though he could get us out of this rut I would say give him more time but nothing I have seen since the 18th march has said we are moving forward (or even staying at a decent level )we are getting worse with majority of supporters resigned to losing before the game even starts,

You wanted him sacked not even midway through his 2nd season,before we finished 8th,before we won the League Cup.

So let's have it then.

Worst post I've read on here.

So let's have it then.

A strange and unnecessarily anger-filled post. This is a, "discussion board", but you seem incapable of having a, "discussion", with anybody who dares to post an opinion that is not directly in line with your own.

Oddly enough, I find myself in agreement with a lot of your opinions regarding club issue, but seldom click, "like", as I don't want to be associated with the accompanying vitriol. I'd say I have found myself in agreement with just about every contributor to these boards at some point, (with the possible exception of gstretchuk, who only seems to make contentious posts to rile others), so would have to assume that my opinions are far less rigid than yours. You appear to be tunnel-visioned where this Club is concerned.

As for the point above about what sacking Danny would cost; even though I'm one of those who does not want him sacked, (at this point in time), I'm more in agreement with Lex that the cost of relegation, and God only knows how many years out of the top flight, would cost the club in revenue.

And as for your final sentence, that only serves to make you look like the one who is a, "Grade 'A' Tit".

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/426161/EXCLUSIVE-Danny-Lennon-faces-chop?

There is now real discontent amongst the St Mirren board towards their manager and some within the club feel he has to be replaced if Saints are to turn their season around.

The St Mirren fans have not been slow in showing their disgust during and after recent games.

Chairman Stewart Gilmour and his directors are also actively trying to sell the club and are concerned that the value of their return could significantly drop if St Mirren were to be relegated.

The tea lady could guess that , hardly news ? Everyone can speculate , but I don't think he should be sacked yet or will be.

BoD need not worry about their investment , nobody wants the club anyway !

If I was an investor reading these forums I'd stay we'll clear , regardless of how the team were doing.

The board surely can't continue to maintain their deafening silence... Can they?

It's all well and good coming out and lapping up the plaudits and giving tearful interviews when things are going well, it becomes a bit hollow if its followed by hiding away when things are going badly.

Back or sack tomorrow.

The board surely can't continue to maintain their deafening silence... Can they?

It's all well and good coming out and lapping up the plaudits and giving tearful interviews when things are going well, it becomes a bit hollow if its followed by hiding away when things are going badly.

Back or sack tomorrow.

I see it now.

You, who doesn't own the club, wants to run the club by telling whose who do own the club what they should do.

What an ego you have.