Lennon Out

I believe you should show more respect to a true supporter. If it wasn't for the likes of me many folk on this forum wouldn't have a club to support on the rare occassion they could be arsed.

Just what the feck is a true supporter? We are all supporters, some more able and willing to go to every match (lucky them) while others are equally passionate about the club but are unable to do so for many reason beyond being unable to afford it. This pish about being a true supporter grinds my gears as once you label fans along the lines of true supporter, part time and fair weather etc then how can we have unanimity? Be as passionate as you like but stop claiming your support is in some way elitist/superior than any other fan of our wonderful club.

Just what the feck is a true supporter? We are all supporters, some more able and willing to go to every match (lucky them) while others are equally passionate about the club but are unable to do so for many reason beyond being unable to afford it. This pish about being a true supporter grinds my gears as once you label fans along the lines of true supporter, part time and fair weather etc then how can we have unanimity? Be as passionate as you like but stop claiming your support is in some way elitist/superior than any other fan of our wonderful club.

I don't actually consider myself any better or worse than anybody else. My comment was a tongue in cheek response to the pompous waffle of some who criticize other supporters for daring to have a different opinion.

I think its fair to say it hit a rather sizable nerve.

I believe you should show more respect to a true supporter. If it wasn't for the likes of me many folk on this forum wouldn't have a club to support on the rare occassion they could be arsed.

smile.png

And I like 'occASSion', too.

Edited by bluto

I don't actually consider myself any better or worse than anybody else. My comment was a tongue in cheek response to the pompous waffle of some who criticize other supporters for daring to have a different opinion.

I think its fair to say it hit a rather sizable nerve.

Come on!

You know I can't ignore those - that's an even more subtle trolling...

Lennon has dealt with the situation with dignity, despite the abuse from some. Agree Gus got worse, and I would not have got rid of him when we did, as I was satisfied with how we were doing. I do think Lennon has taken us further though. Hopefully whoever is next in the door improves again, otherwise change will be pointless.

Gus did get worse, but if DL handled the current situation in the same way as Gus (lack of dignity, no empathy or respect for the fans or the club) then he would be on the receiving end of a far worse hate-mail delivery

Gus did get worse, but if DL handled the current situation in the same way as Gus (lack of dignity, no empathy or respect for the fans or the club) then he would be on the receiving end of a far worse hate-mail delivery

Frankly, I'm not really sure how possible that could be.