New Buyers?

Edinbuddie

New company formed in December , St Mirren Development Ltd, one of the Directors Liam O Donnel is a housing developer

An Andrew Murray , the other Director is a sports consultant.

Liam is a IIRC a solicitor who works in part as a Football Agent, David Goodwillie, is one of his i think

Edited by rea

Posted by a Cowdenbeath supporter on P&B:

"In 2007, Gordon McDougall sold Cowdenbeath FC (c87% shareholding) for a substantial seven figure sum to Innovate (Cowdenbeath) Ltd. The idea was that the ground would be utilized for commercial property development with Cowden being relocated to a new ground. The new owners were not interested in football and so Gordon McDougall was retained as chairman. Then in 2008, Gordon McDougall resigned as Chairman following the owners’ sacking of Gordon’s son in law Brian Welsh who was manager when the club was relegated to Division 3.

The Club was left in turmoil with its whole infrastructure devastated. Many others involved in running the club left with Gordon. The Cowdenbeath Supporters Club and various Cowdenbeath fans then tried to assist CFC as well as they could after the departure of so many staff. This was a confused and fraught time. Innovate was owned 33% each by 3 individuals who were more or less unknown to the fans and supporters – David Brewster, Alex Brewster and Alex Benson. Jim Methven, who worked on many building projects as project manager on behalf of Alex Benson, had originally been brought in to handle the owners’ interests while Gordon ran the club. He then replaced Gordon as chairman for season 2008/09.

Matters thus were exceedingly complex as ultimately things were fragmented with different and somewhat competing views being rife – in essence there was the Brewster faction and the Benson/Methven faction plus the legacy of the McDougall faction plus the supporters all with differing perspectives. With the property crash the Brewsters effectively ended up owning a football team they didn’t want as the profitability of a property development project fell away – they sought to tighten the finances at Central Park at a time when Cowden were going for promotion and it would be fair to say they did not see eye to eye then with Jim Methven. Jim Methven at one point raised the possibility of buying out the club via a consortium involving supporters.

It would be right to say Jim Methven ended up as a hands on and enthusiastic chairman. Indeed, he started out with no interest in football and by the end was to be found in the dugout alongside the manager such was his passion for the team. He became very close with Danny Lennon. Alex Benson though sold his 33% stake to the Brewsters in early 2009 and at the end of the season Jim Methven resigned as chairman being reported as due to personal reasons. The Brewsters then ran CFC for one season but were unwilling to continue doing so and thus in 2010 it was agreed that in essence CFC supporters would run the club albeit it remained 87% owned by the Brewsters. The new Board was 100% made up of supporters who brought in Donald Findlay as chairman and that remains the case 4 years on – with the owners not being club directors. It is an unusual situation"

Jim Methven makes Craig Whyte look like Richard Branson, we'd better with Reg Brearly taking over!

Hope the board see sense and avoid these guys, could be the final nail in the coffin, maybe DL has done this out of spite either to save his job or knowing if his contract is not renewed then he can mess the club up.

You sure ?

The web search I did on it say it was founded by Mr Neil Andrew Murray, Mr Liam O'donnell.

Neil Murray was the former Rangers player credited to be part of the "Swiss Consortium" (Murray spent the last part of his playing career in Switzerland).

Murray is a CA as well, he is a friend of a friend who went through accountancy together at GU. That will likely be his area of involvement.

He's a decent guy too in spite of his connection to Rangers. <_< He is sensible..

using the adress and postcode listed, a quick google streetview check tells me that "highly leveraged bid" is a bit of an understatement

That'll be his giro drop.

ETA: at least we'll know where to congregate with the torches and pitchforks.

Edited by Drew

Usual mushroom theory of management, "investors " my arse, the only investors in clubs are the fans,as Rangers have shown without the season ticket money they are bust, we the fans have put in over one million pounds every year of these directors term, they have guaranteed loans,now repaid with interest, never paid to watch a game,been wined and dined, had their businesses have free advertising and yet they want a million pounds to walk away!

And they wtill sell to whoever they want to with no reference to anyone else

The arrogance beggers belief

Usual mushroom theory of management, "investors " my arse, the only investors in clubs are the fans,as Rangers have shown without the season ticket money they are bust, we the fans have put in over one million pounds every year of these directors term, they have guaranteed loans,now repaid with interest, never paid to watch a game,been wined and dined, had their businesses have free advertising and yet they want a million pounds to walk away!

And they wtill sell to whoever they want to with no reference to anyone else

The arrogance beggers belief

In the interests of balance, the BoD could choose to sell their shares to whomever they damn well please, and the fact that they haven't done so already, is surely testimony to their commitment to safeguarding the future of the club insofar as they are in a position to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not naive enough to think that they wouldn't be holding out for the best return for their 'investment', but I think it is fair to say that, as they are business-minded people (as well as St Mirren supporters), this shouldn't come as any great surprise.

Ultimately, they are not obliged to consult the likes of you and me as to who they sell their shares to. We need to trust them on this one.

I hope they make the right call.

I clicked on this thread full of hope for some exciting good news. Now I'm just as depressed as f**k. (What does that phrase actually mean?)

You do know what was written above the entrance to Hell, don't you?

It wouldn't suprise me if Dante has a user account on Black and White Army.

I hope these prospective new owners are pointed in the direction of B&W Army. I hope they come on here and very quickly realise that this isn't your normal football club sale - meaning St Mirren are far from fcuked like Dundee, Livingston, Gretna, The Sevco, Hearts, Leeds, Wrexham, Portsmouth.... we aren't desperately falling over ourselves to treat new owners as the Messiah and are forming a queue to suck their 75% shareholding boaby.

I hope they realise that for the CiC or against the CiC, as supporters we went through the years of ultimately doomed negotiations together and came out the other side still caring deeply about the future of our club. I hope they realise we are deeply cynical Paisley basturts' who will need a lot of convincing about their motives and their plans. In an event like this, I am happy to wear the badge 'deeply cynical Paisley basturt' in a positive manner. We have watched The Sevco and Hearts, and Gretna - and St Mirren supporters will not take kindly to anyone even remotely approaching Craig Whyte, Charles Green, Brookes Mileson or Vladimir Romanov status getting their claws anywhere near our club.

I hope the name 'Reg Brearley' means something to them.

We know what we've got with Mr Gilmour. We know where we are, and where we came from. I repeat, we are NOT a basket case club.

Welcome to Paisley. One town, one team.

Edited by pozbaird

I hope these prospective new owners are pointed in the direction of B&W Army. I hope they come on here and very quickly realise that this isn't your normal football club sale - meaning St Mirren are far from fcuked like Dundee, Livingston, Gretna, The Sevco, Hearts, Leeds, Wrexham, Portsmouth.... we aren't desperately falling over ourselves to treat new owners as the Messiah and are forming a queue to suck their 75% shareholding boaby.

I hope they realise that for the CiC or against the CiC, as supporters we went through the years of ultimately doomed negotiations together and came out the other side still caring deeply about the future of our club. I hope they realise we are deeply cynical Paisley basturts' who will need a lot of convincing about their motives and their plans. In an event like this, I am happy to wear the badge 'deeply cynical Paisley basturt' in a positive manner. We have watched The Sevco and Hearts, and Gretna - and St Mirren supporters will not take kindly to anyone even remotely approaching Craig Whyte, Charles Green, Brookes Mileson or Vladimir Romanov status getting their claws anywhere near our club.

I hope the name 'Reg Brearley' means something to them.

We know what we've got with Mr Gilmour. We know where we are, and where we came from. I repeat, we are NOT a basket case club.

Welcome to Paisley. One town, one team.

With 52 percent ,they own the club, why do they need the 75percent ?

You have different AGM rights if you own more than 75%. you can pass special resolutions on your own.

Can they pass a special resolution to get Basher and Vanzy on the HoF panels sometime this century? Joke, joke.... What about kitting out the void as a supporter's matchday bar?

FFS Poz, zip it!