New Buyers?

Edinbuddie

• 1 month later...

Heard today that the club are in "advanced talks" to sell the club. Could be confirmed before the end of pre season. Also spoke to James marwoods agent today. More players coming from man city and Newcastle apparently

Edited by Fitzy87

Honestly, we've been in 'advanced talks' to sell for about 3 years.

Know what I think?

I think and hope SGG and co will be in situe in 5 years time.

Know what I think?

Have to agree not looking forward to a buy out which can only mean two things

1/ We go into debt

2/ The cost of the club has to be paid back to new owners which cuts the player budget.

Can't see it happening any other way.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Know what I think?

Indeed , nobody can do it better.

Edited by shull

Heard today that the club are in "advanced talks" to sell the club. Could be confirmed before the end of pre season. Also spoke to James marwoods agent today. More players coming from man city and Newcastle apparently

man city connection may be due to expand from what i've heard - only rumours though, but from someone who has never given me cause to think they are talking bull

Buddiecat posted in the "New Buyers?" forum regarding a Man City connection.

I've certainly not heard of any developments, but it certainly would be an interesting twist.

What makes you so sure that there is no interest from Man City who have been buying a number of clubs globally.

I still feel that JD Sports are missing an opportunity to develop their ties with our club. Just as long as they get rid of the Morton supporting LSD munching graphic designer.

The only information I have heard from a very reliable source was near the end of the season which I posted - Yes there is a very interested party but that it was all talk with no money ever being shown. Things could have changed by then so If Man City want to take over the club I for one would be more comfortable with that , in fact I would be delighted.

Sheikh Mansour has stated he plans to build a global empire of football clubs. He has one in England, Australia and USA.

He invests in facilities more than football clubs, that's why he picked Man City, because they had that stadium. We have excellent facilities, a new stadium and the third best youth academy in Scotland. The Man City coaches who came up to see our training ground when Plummer came up were glowing about it, and I assume this would have reached HQ at City.

£2 million for us would be coppers to a man of his wealth. We could rebrand the stadium - which is right beside the airport - as the Etihad and we would be a relatively local and handy place for Man City to test their academy players. Oh and, if he wants to throw 10 million at the team... :D

Saying all that, it's probably not going to happen, but it's not ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is pish now. Its perfectly apparent that SG and rest of the BOD Dont want to let go of the club and wont until they get more than what it is worth (in a pounds and pence sense) and unless we have a couple of Wealthy Buddies with deep pockets and a willingness to spend what is needed or a large crowd fund (eg from a supporters group) then the present holders will keep the keys. I would like to see a change of ownership if it is for the good of the club, but apart from random names and snippets that get banded about on here, nothing is happening!