Open Letter To Mr. Stuart Gilmour

I don't give two hoots if the BoD make a profit while getting out. Fergus McCann did the same at Celtic - leaving them in a good place while walking away with a profit. Celtic were very close to armageddon when he saved them. Our club was close to armageddon when Reg was headed off at the pass.

The BoD making a buck doesn't concern me if they also leave us in a good place. That place is still in the SPFL, avoiding Hearts and The Rangers.

Unfortunately, at present, we seem to be sleepwalking towards a trouser troubling playoff, the manager is hanging on by a thread, many of his signings have been bloody awful, we are without our merchandising provider, and results since the cup final have been largely dreadful.

Not a peep from them. About anything. They really made a right royal cock-up in publically admitting to being finished, tired, out of ideas. They seem to be hell bent on living up to that self-imposed state of affairs. Danny also seems to be finished, tired, out of ideas. The whole place seems to be rudderless and simply praying for a good outcome to this season.

The selling consortium have not received much criticism from the fanbase for ring-fencing the 52% and freezing out some of the larger minor shareholders. They haven't (as far as I can tell) been on the end of 'Gilmour out' or 'sack the board' protests. Criticising our BoD is like kicking a puppy - the 'they saved the club' tank is surely seeing the seemingly never-ending supply of goodwill in it draining away now though.

I hope they leave with a profit, their legacy intact, and the club in a good place in the top flight - just like Fergus the bunnet. The longer things drag on though, without as much as a peep about anything, decreases the chances of them achieving that... IMHO.

the market was willing to stand what McCann looked for and he din't all but bring the club to it's knees waiting for an unrealistic offer. And he stayed with it until his deal was done-no coasting (or ghosting)

35 yrs give or take.Danny Lennon is the worst manager in our history.I just hope the board will never again consider a homeless wino for the managers job

you may or may not be a factually incorrect bell end. then again you may not.

Dear Mr Gilmour,

I have no earthly idea as to whether you ever dip into this form of media, if nothing else just to see how the fans of our beloved St Mirren perceive the club, the team, the management, the performances and everything else related to the Club in virtually every shape and form.

As with all forums there is diverse opinion, both informed and also banal. At the core however is a love of the team and the desire to see the club succeed. As could be witnessed last year the fans, the peripheral supporters, the town and the Club celebrated a great cup win, (nearly as rare as hen’s teeth), - but boy how we enjoyed it.

Under your stewardship the club has been pulled from the brink of financial mire through a somewhat fortuitous, but shrewd deal with Tesco which has provided the club with a neat, compact modern stadium and a training facility that will be the envy of many clubs throughout both Scotland and England. So for that, I say thank you.

However, as in most open letters, there is always a “however”! There is considerable unrest within the fan base as to how the team have failed to progress on the field. The Cup win came somewhat out of character, in that the team have been under-performing now for two to three years. Don’t get me wrong, at times the team can put in an inspired skilful performance, but they too are becoming as common as “hen’s teeth”. The change in direction brought by Danny Lennon has occasionally been pleasing on the eye, but when teams quickly learn how to combat or deal with that approach, we are easy to pick off and over the past two years that is exactly what they have done.

This is not aimed at Mr Lennon in particular more a plea from the heart, and I know I’m not alone in this view. There is almost common belief that the current crop of players we have should not have us mired anywhere near the bottom of the Premier League with every prospect that we will be involved in a play-off to stay in the league at the end of the season, but that is where we are.

Why are we there? There are lots and lots of views, but essentially the team aren’t performing on the park and to conjecture why that is, seems to fall squarely on two fronts. Firstly a lack of recognition by the Board of Director’s that the Management team haven’t pulled the best out of the players available to them, and secondly the great uncertainty that emanates from the Board as to whether they are selling, to whom and when. Neither of these facts can be ignored in the arguments as to why we are where we are.

There is a general feeling in the supporter’s ranks that if we go down this year with Hearts we are likely to be down there for much more than the one year. You would have Rangers and Hearts as well as a legion of other competitive teams vying for one assured promotion place and one other relying on the play-off slot next year alone. Yet we shouldn’t be there, not with the crop of players we have, nor with the facilities we have.

So, this letter is an open plea – act before it’s too late so that we, as fans, don’t have to endure the misery of a play-off, and if defeated, the likely event of several years in a 2nd division, which should be no place for a club in our position.

Yours ever faithful,

The Original 59er

a open letter but you dont want to use your real name. So your open letter is a sham

It would be a decent gesture if the club funded some buses to take supporters to the post-split away matches (though probably not worth it if we are travelling to Thistle). I think the away matches will be absolutely key, and it would also be a nice way to acknowledge those who travel to support Saints. They could weigh in and meet the cost for those who routinely use travel club buses, and lay on half a dozen for occasional away diddies like myself.

This would be a big gesture for comparatively low cost during what will be a huge period for the future of the club.

It would be a decent gesture if the club funded some buses to take supporters to the post-split away matches (though probably not worth it if we are travelling to Thistle). I think the away matches will be absolutely key, and it would also be a nice way to acknowledge those who travel to support Saints. They could weigh in and meet the cost for those who routinely use travel club buses, and lay on half a dozen for occasional away diddies like myself.

This would be a big gesture for comparatively low cost during what will be a huge period for the future of the club.

A train would be better.

Open the bar at the ground then over to St James Station for The Fitba Special.

Choo Choo......

a open letter but you dont want to use your real name. So your open letter is a sham

I will happily send the letter to Mr Gilmour with my name attached (along with the address) and if it is accepted for the very reasons I penned it, then great.

As a generality I don't see many (if any) actual names and addresses featuring on the forum, no doubt as abuse can be aimed personally to him / her or the family.

The Open letter was an expression of complete frustration at the current position and apparent inability of the Board to make any decisions. I'm sure Mr Gilmour could contact me through the forum messaging system if he wants to take the dialogue further.

Or they could just sack Lennon.

An open letter to all St Mirren fans from the BoD.....

Dear fans,

We will be laying on free buses post-split to allow more of you to be able to watch St Mirren play.

Fans: Nooooooooooo! Please don't make us!

P.s. This will obviously cause Cheesy's position in the team to be even more secure.

Did you use your real name when you called Billy Mehmet a waste of oxygen?

Of course you didn't - your hypocrisy is breathtaking?

I dont think that reminding us of his dreadful behaviour towards Mehmet is helpful, alongside his horrible tirade against workers at the ground (dolites, i think he called some of them) he gave us the most unpleasant and disgraceful content ever seen on this website

we should all move on from that

Edited by beyond our ken

Problems aplenty. Lennon not knowing if he is coming or going. Many players out of contract. Loan players going back. Poor form. Playoffs final 25th may. Can't plan for next season in short space of time. Likely to miss signing targets. All on all utter shambles.

Although it's not been made public I imagine Lennon knows exactly what'll be happening at the end of his contract.

does Gilmour accept emails?

The last time I e-mailed the club with a concern I thought merited contacting them (politely and without ranting), the e-mail was passed on and he did phone me at home. He does this for many fans who contact him with genuine concerns.

I only agreed with about 1% of what he said, but that's going to happen with many conversations between two people on issues - St Mirren, Scottish independence, the colour of dug' shite, whatever.

The last time I e-mailed the club with a concern I thought merited contacting them (politely and without ranting), the e-mail was passed on and he did phone me at home. He does this for many fans who contact him with genuine concerns.

I only agreed with about 1% of what he said, but that's going to happen with many conversations between two people on issues - St Mirren, Scottish independence, the colour of dug' shite, whatever.

Absolute nonsense!

The colour of dug shite is invariably brown.

White dug shite appears to have been consigned to the annals (pun intended) of history. I haven't seen one since the 80s. Indeed, I am becoming quite awash with nostalgia just recalling poking a white dug shite with a stick. Ah yes, them were the days....

Absolute nonsense!

The colour of dug shite is invariably brown.

White dug shite appears to have been consigned to the annals (pun intended) of history. I haven't seen one since the 80s. Indeed, I am becoming quite awash with nostalgia just recalling poking a white dug shite with a stick. Ah yes, them were the days....

Could the demise of white dog turds be linked to a decrease in family butchers?

I'd reckon the white element would be calcium and the reason it is less common nowadays is because less dog owners feed bones to their dogs - just a suggestion.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Could the demise of white dog turds be linked to a decrease in family butchers?

I'd reckon the white element would be calcium and the reason it is less common nowadays is because less dog owners feed bones to their dogs - just a suggestion.

That strikes me as an entirely valid hypothesis, but would it hold up to rigorous scientific evaluation?

There must be a PHD thesis (or should that be faeces) in there for someone.