Barry Ferguson

It's a perfect case of being careful what you wish for.

Ferguson would be an infinitely worse option than keeping Danny.

How do you know that? What ever happens I think Danny has had his chance, time up I'm afraid. To many people feeling sorry for him now. We were just saved by skin of our teeth. All this crap we finished 8th highest position blah blah blah. But on the topic again, Ferguson doubt it, be plenty rumours.

I think I would prefer Frank McAvennie buying the place and turning it in to a 24 hour drive through brothel rather than have Barry Ferguson associated with the club...

Are Season Tickets valid ?

How do you know that? What ever happens I think Danny has had his chance, time up I'm afraid. To many people feeling sorry for him now. We were just saved by skin of our teeth. All this crap we finished 8th highest position blah blah blah. But on the topic again, Ferguson doubt it, be plenty rumours.

Aside from the fact that he's a scumbag that I personally don't want associated with our club in any way, he's proving to be a woeful manager too. People talk about DL's win % here, Ferguson's record at Blackpool is roughly half of that.

We did indeed finish in our highest ever position and then matched it this season. We also won our first major trophy since 1987 under DL, how is that "crap"?

Replacing him with someone like Ferguson would be absolutely crazy.

Aside from the fact that he's a scumbag that I personally don't want associated with our club in any way, he's proving to be a woeful manager too. People talk about DL's win % here, Ferguson's record at Blackpool is roughly half of that.

We did indeed finish in our highest ever position and then matched it this season. We also won our first major trophy since 1987 under DL, how is that "crap"?

Replacing him with someone like Ferguson would be absolutely crazy.

When did I mention winning the cup was crap? Finishing 8th, just and no more, teams have came up finished in top 6 in first season, I'm still waiting for us to achieve that. I didn't say replace him with Ferguson. Still think he's had his chance, time to move on, thanks Danny. Just my opinion.

So if there is any truth in this it's surely a deliberate ploy to stunt ST sales..?

What other reason would there be to bring this cretin to Paisley?

If he does roll up I,ll be putting my ticket money in an ISA to save up for the party when he,s run out of town!

Would you pay to go watch Barry Ferguson, St Mirren Managers team?

This is a worse scenario than bringing the guy who led Dumbarton four places up table from bottom.

Glasgow-based tabloid rag needs readers, readers are gullible sycophantic Old Firm fan boys who don't pay attention to life outside of the pathetic divide, tabloid rag links former OF bigot to generic Premiership club who may/may not need manager.

BOOM. West coast tabloid journalism folks.

Billy Davies spotted at BP on Greenock Rd, paying for petrol.

I'm reliably informed though that he doesn't even have a car. Take from that what you will.

Lawnmower would be my guess. After Tommy Docherty's job?

He's certainly worth a bit. He rescued the Popinjay Hotel from closure just cause he liked it, and he's supposed to be involved with devolopers who have been buying up properties in the Clyde Valley, knocking them down and building new luxury homes in their place that sell for £.5 each. He also owns one of the biggest houses in the area.

Big hoose in Lanark. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Assuming that this isn't newspaper talk BF would be lose-lose for St Mirren FC.

While he might be good for 'contacts' within the game, realistically we are looking at Sevco U20's that couldn't get a game during the spell in the 4th and 3rd divisions or aging ex-RFC players or maybe using his Blackpool contacts we could bring Caprice back?!

Ferguson was schooled at Ibrox in the David Murray era of buying success via importing foreign stars the club couldn't actually afford to pay, and was BF not named as one of the biggest recipients of bonuses paid via EBTs? His background there is at odds with the reality of working at St Mirren of sticking to a break even budget and developing young home grown players and sourcing up and coming prospects from the lower leagues... then we have V-sign gate as a Scotland player and his fall-out with Paul Le Guen the manager who tried to bin the Ibrox drinking culture and get his players to train like well-paid professional athletes!

If in the face of this, BF was actually a success he has already said he'd like to manage sevco one day and you would imagine he'd jump ship very quickly if offered the manager's job there or even a place of the coaching staff.