Lennon Gone - Confirmed

Murray has done a fantastic job at Dumbarton. They should have had no change of staying in the Championship, yet there are still there and were close to getting a play-off place.

Didn't comment on the rights/wrongs of Lennon's departure, so won't argue with the rest of your post.

So putting in the context of why Danny was sacked. Murray has achieved the same league position in a largely part time league.

Who are his contacts? How will he persuade players to join, or out of contracts to renew?

What guidance can he offer Kenny McLean that would make him stay?

Will he guarantee top six finish?

Hems never achieved or been linked with any of these before in the premiership or a comparable league.

Disappointed for Danny and in the way the club have handled this. It's been messy since that SG interview on Wednesday night: poor PR for us and I think DL could have been treated better.

Two 8th place finishes sandwiching a national cup win has not been and will not be bettered by many St Mirren managers.

My abiding memory of Danny will be his reaction to Newton's goal at Hampden. He turned round to the stands to watch the fans celebrate and just take in. When he knew we were going to win it the fans were first in his thoughts.

A genuine guy who made mistakes but who always tried to put out a team who played good football with homegrown talent in it. Not to forget as well the way he acted as an ambassador for the club, visiting primary schools and so on. The story about the wee girl and the lucky penny that Danny rubbed during the Celtic game....

STMIRREN_MANAGER_D_1663146a.jpg

Cheers Danny. All the best for the future.

Thompson has zero experience of managing a football team, let alone one in the top league in the country.

Talking of zero, this could have all the hallmarks of a hero to zero scenario if things didn't go well.

It would be a massive gamble too far, in my view.

I dare say that, if I wasn't just finishing my lunch break, I could find numerous examples of successful managers with little or no experience in the top league. Yes, he has no experience of management, but those in and around the club will have an idea of whether he is likely to make a success of such a role. Is he a leader on the park, in the dressing room? If the answer is yes, then there's every chance he would make a decent manager.

I'm not arguing, however, that Thommo should be our first choice. Just that someone suggested it, and I wouldn't be averse to the idea.

Just the amount of stories I'm hearing and the amount of people talking about Ian Murray coming in. Baz Ferguson is surely agent talk, whilst I can't see Bollan.

Can't see it and I wouldn't want Jack Ross back at the club after the bonus carry on prior to the 10 man cup final defeat..

Disappointed for Danny and in the way the club have handled this. It's been messy since that SG interview on Wednesday night: poor PR for us and I think DL could have been treated better.

Two 8th place finishes sandwiching a national cup win has not been and will not be bettered by many St Mirren managers.

My abiding memory of Danny will be his reaction to Newton's goal at Hampden. He turned round to the stands to watch the fans celebrate and just take in. When he knew we were going to win it the fans were first in his thoughts.

A genuine guy who made mistakes but who always tried to put out a team who played good football with homegrown talent in it. Not to forget as well the way he acted as an ambassador for the club, visiting primary schools and so on. The story about the wee girl and the lucky penny that Danny rubbed during the Celtic game....

STMIRREN_MANAGER_D_1663146a.jpg

Cheers Danny. All the best for the future.

zGtNCsh.gif

Very mixed emotions. Firstly, Danny Lennon is clearly a man of great integrity and represented our club magnificently, quite often in the face of ridiculous criticism eg jim goodwins treatment by refs and other managers. He clearly cares about our great club and it's supporters and these days that's rare. Unfortunately the results on the park are what it's really about and if only they had been better we would not be looking for another Manager. A lot of speculation will surface over the next while but only the chairman and the board members really know what will happen next.I kind of love/ hate these scenarios as they have the potential to work well or be a disaster( obviously). I, like others, will never forget the day we won the league cup and the emotion that went with it. Thank you Mr Lennon.

Well it won't be Craig Levein.

He's replaced Gary Locke at Hearts.

Disappointed about Danny as I thought he'd earned another year and I wish him well.

Hope he gets another gig. Morton is available.

Anyway onwards and upwards.

Think Levein has been made general manager they have still to make an appointment.Maybe Denny could end up there and we get Gary Locke.That would be interesting,as Locke has proved what he can do with youngsters and on a low budget.But I am sorry to see Danny go would have liked him given at least another season

I dare say that, if I wasn't just finishing my lunch break, I could find numerous examples of successful managers with little or no experience in the top league. Yes, he has no experience of management, but those in and around the club will have an idea of whether he is likely to make a success of such a role. Is he a leader on the park, in the dressing room? If the answer is yes, then there's every chance he would make a decent manager.

I'm not arguing, however, that Thommo should be our first choice. Just that someone suggested it, and I wouldn't be averse to the idea.

Thommo will now be a mate, and even a drinking buddy of many of the players. Taking the step-up from that context would be very tough over and above his complete lack of experience in any area of football management.

An absolute no-no for me, I'm afraid.

So putting in the context of why Danny was sacked. Murray has achieved the same league position in a largely part time league.

Who are his contacts? How will he persuade players to join, or out of contracts to renew?

Hems never achieved or been linked with any of these before in the premiership or a comparable league.

I'm not making the argument that Danny should have been sacked so that Murray could come in. Danny has gone, rightly or wrongly. All I'm saying is that Murray has done a great job at Dumbarton, and could very well do the same at St Mirren.

I'll assume that your questions are rhetorical. Could any manager guarantee a top six finish?

During a meeting with St Mirren board this morning, Danny Lennon was told his contract would not be renewed. Shortly after this meeting Tommy Craig held a meeting with the St Mirren board. Led to believe, Craig's position hasn't been decided one way or t'other

STV Raman Twitter.

Thommo will now be a mate, and even a drinking buddy of many of the players. Taking the step-up from that context would be very tough over and above his complete lack of experience in any area of football management.

Fair do's. It wouldn't be the first time that a player has stepped up to become manager at the same club - granted, with varying degrees of success. I don't see it as a significantly bigger gamble than any other appointment we are likely to make.

Fair do's. It wouldn't be the first time that a player has stepped up to become manager at the same club - granted, with varying degrees of success. I don't see it as a significantly bigger gamble than any other appointment we are likely to make.

I suppose that's a fair shout.

Interesting time ahead, that is the only certainty!

Neil Lennon seemed to manage it!

The new manager, whoever he is, should be sacked immediately.

...and rightly so ...has won less points than Danny and Gus and hasn't signed anyone in the summer let alone the commanding centre half we need.

also you say 'he'.....isn't that Scudamore sexism....could be a woman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27306106

I'm not making the argument that Danny should have been sacked so that Murray could come in. Danny has gone, rightly or wrongly. All I'm saying is that Murray has done a great job at Dumbarton, and could very well do the same at St Mirren.

I'll assume that your questions are rhetorical. Could any manager guarantee a top six finish?

Failure to land top six is the reason the Bod are giving in so many words "lack of consistent performances and results" and the simple reason they didn,t punt him at the split is they didn,t want to pay up the last three months of his contract, they,d much Rather run it down and give whoever takes over half a squad to work with and no time to properly identify good replacements.

We'll f**king done the Bod of SMFC

Same position in a largely part time league? It has 3 part time teams out of 10, his side are one of the 3 and he finished 5th! Jeez.

No, he won't guarantee a top 6 finish, no one would, keeping Danny would have guaranteed a bottom 6 finish though.