Screen

It certainly has potential, but many fonts chosen were too thin, too small, or in the case of the attendance figures, too thin, too small, AND poor colour choices. When simply showing the scores, the St Mirren crest was in a white rectangle with Accies crest (also circular) showing up simply as the crest. Stick both crests in the same size white box and it would be fine. The part showing the time elapsed was also too small a text, on a poor colour choice of box, yellow I think.

The player pen pics as the team line ups were read out by Phil were far too small. Div's advert was the best example of an advert that worked. Big text for 'Corner' and the company logo clear and big at the bottom. There was one advert which was on a white background, with what might have been a woman's face - fcuk knows what the advert or company was - couldn't make out a thing.

The Infiniti car advert showed what can be done. Nothing that a graphic designer, Gill Sans Bold, Helvetica Black, Futura Bold or a better colour palette couldn't fix.

Note to Div... When we are getting pumped, out-fought, out-run, and Tommy Craig is making Alex Neil look like Jose Mourinho... Sponsoring yet another Accies corner kick became irritating. Maybe just sponsor Saints corners?

The screen is definitely work in progress. The club is only just getting used to it and exploring the possibilities of what can be done.

The brightness issues and the like I am sure will be addressed and it will settle down. Similarly nobody really knew about what advert format would work best etc...

This was the first time the screen has been used at night I would guess, they might need to work out different settings for day or night games.

The screen has already paid for itself and is now contributing positively to the club in terms of advertising revenue so that can only be a good thing surely ?

I was delighted with the number of corners last night, and even saw my logo on the SPFL YouTube highlights thumbup2.gif

The screen is definitely work in progress. The club is only just getting used to it and exploring the possibilities of what can be done.

The brightness issues and the like I am sure will be addressed and it will settle down. Similarly nobody really knew about what advert format would work best etc...

This was the first time the screen has been used at night I would guess, they might need to work out different settings for day or night games.

The screen has already paid for itself and is now contributing positively to the club in terms of advertising revenue so that can only be a good thing surely ?

I was delighted with the number of corners last night, and even saw my logo on the SPFL YouTube highlights thumbup2.gif

Do you do patio doors Div?

:P

Edited by davidg

Must have been pleasing Div that your advert worked the best. You obviously have the ear of the club in certain matters, so feel free to mention any or all of these...

Sans serif type. Strong colours with contrast between text and background. Helvetica bold/black. Gill Sans bold (Incidentally, Eric Gill, who designed the classic typeface was into a bit of incest and how's yer' father, but I digress). Futura heavy. No boxes around club crest... Aaaargh, my pet hate.

Rant (No2!) over.

Must have been pleasing Div that your advert worked the best. You obviously have the ear of the club in certain matters, so feel free to mention any or all of these...

Sans serif type. Strong colours with contrast between text and background. Helvetica bold/black. Gill Sans bold (Incidentally, Eric Gill, who designed the classic typeface was into a bit of incest and how's yer' father, but I digress). Futura heavy. No boxes around club crest... Aaaargh, my pet hate.

Rant (No2!) over.

A further suggestion....

Keep any text clear of the screen border.

Stolen from the official forum

I passed on the comments above to our CEO Brian Caldwell who asked me to post the following response:

We are aware of some brightness issues with the LED Screen as well as some problems reading text last night and are looking into these.

When we got feedback we were able to adjust the brightness on the Scoreboard screen but not the actual adverts. The majority of the adverts used last night were temporary ones due to time constraints and will be changed for the next match which applies to the text size too.

We believe that the fact that the game wasnt during the day didnt help the brightness issue. However, we will work together with the scoreboard manufacturers as well as our advertisers to improve the issues raised.