Screen

spot on,if you point out a problem your labeled as being negative,your not supposed to have an opinion unless your saying how wonderful things are- e.g. the fans council who were put in place to be a bridge between the club and fans have been told to refrain from passing on certain info to fans - i was told they had to sign a confidentiality clause, that was after i gave up being a member of that council, partly due to minutes being posted which were totally different to what was said at meetings

That worked thenwhistling.gif

I think we need to lookout for the 'Hidden Cameras' and and keep an eye out for the 'Secret Police'... AKA FanBoys!

Edited by Lord Pityme

spot on,if you point out a problem your labeled as being negative,your not supposed to have an opinion unless your saying how wonderful things are- e.g. the fans council who were put in place to be a bridge between the club and fans have been told to refrain from passing on certain info to fans - i was told they had to sign a confidentiality clause, that was after i gave up being a member of that council, partly due to minutes being posted which were totally different to what was said at meetings

You , were spot on.

I would say if you did not have a point over the screen , then people would not feel the need to change their adverts on the screen.

Adverts have been changed,make of that what you will :P

Ker-Ching let the cash roll in :)

I was in the Family stand on Saturday and the advert that showcases the screen best is Div's "Corner" advert for BigFrontDoor.

It's simple but very effective.

Other adverts need to adopt this simplistic approach rather than try to put too much info on the screen. As an example the standard matchday screen sponsored by Barr is too busy - would be better if it adopted a different approach where the information was displayed clearly and then an overlay runs every so often with the Barr logo presented or the countdown.

It will be interesting to know who has sponsored the Saints goals......maybe we will find out on Tuesday.

As an aside the Panda club have a born leader in Shull's daughter Abby who leads the songs non-stop throughout the game.

Takes after the old man - never shuts up!!clap.gif

Our commercial department is a disgrace and our commercial manager is not the man for the job. Our lack of vision regarding the use of stadium space is ridiculous.

What space are you talking about ? Any space left would mean investment for a small return like a bar if that's what you mean. I prefer to see money spent on the team for me that's more important. As for the commercial manager if you are going to criticise be constructive tell us where and how he can bring in more cash. The guy works hard trying his best.

I think it is the way that these points are made that gives the overwhelming feeling of negativity for the sake of it.

If for example a post said "I sit in the South Stand and I struggle to see the ads on the new screen, think I might email the club and let them know as it might put off potential advertisers" it would be viewed (IMO) as being constructive criticism.

On the other hand a post like "The new screen is a f**king shambles, I can't even read it, why would anyone ever want to advertise on that, f**king waste of money. Another example of utter shite from our club." then that might be seen as being overly negative and potentially damaging to the club.

That is where I am coming from.

as mentioned by yourself the club read these pages and i have pointed out that it's not doing what it should,hopefully they respond to the issue,if i had worded my criticism in the way shown in bold above, then yes it would be over negative,but i didn't, i said it's not fit for purpose and could put off potential advertisers, your wording is over-dramatising what i said,and adding negative words to the thread which were not mentioned in the first place,

i'll leave it at that.

I think it is unfair to lay the blame at one individual who is employed by the club and has probably has limitations on what he is able to do with the facilities. Certainly it could be argued that a more experienced Commercial manager could be hired to replace CK - but at what cost and is there any guarantee that someone else could make a significant difference?

While the Consortium own the club and the purse strings we have to trust them to keep doing what so far has kept our club out of administration. or worse.

It should be noted that other clubs of a similar size have many more staff to co-ordinate commercial activities.

It might surprise people to know that St Johnstone generate over £1,000,000 in revenue than ourselves despite lower gates. The reason behind that is that they have a dedicated commercial team who have been given responsibility by the owners to generate revenue using the club facilities.

They even have their own website - http://www.mcdiarmidpark.co.uk/ advertising all their services.

A club of our size SHOULD be looking to at least replicate what St Johnstone do - however it has been clear for years that the Consortium are working to a tight budget which to date has proven to be a stable model for them to follow.

I don't see any massive changes to the way we operate commercially unless the Consortium decide that they wish to invest in additional staff to help generate additional revenue.

agree on above apart from the mention of CK, the screen was brought about by BC not CK

I

Edited by buddiecat

I was in the Family stand on Saturday and the advert that showcases the screen best is Div's "Corner" advert for BigFrontDoor.

It's simple but very effective.

Other adverts need to adopt this simplistic approach rather than try to put too much info on the screen. As an example the standard matchday screen sponsored by Barr is too busy - would be better if it adopted a different approach where the information was displayed clearly and then an overlay runs every so often with the Barr logo presented or the countdown.

It will be interesting to know who has sponsored the Saints goals......maybe we will find out on Tuesday.

As an aside the Panda club have a born leader in Shull's daughter Abby who leads the songs non-stop throughout the game.

That was her first time at The Panda Club and she loved it.

Can the scoreboard operating experts within the club please be a little more constrant. The guy that operated it 1st match is in the Golden Jubilee Hospital after suffering a heart attack only yerterday morning going through an operation. Before last Saturday game he taught his wife from his hospital bed on how to operate scoreboard. To some that might seem commendable to others from this forum obivously not. We (the club) got no instructions on how to use screen and have had to play about with it to get it to work.

Can the scoreboard operating experts within the club please be a little more constrant. The guy that operated it 1st match is in the Golden Jubilee Hospital after suffering a heart attack only yerterday morning going through an operation. Before last Saturday game he taught his wife from his hospital bed on how to operate scoreboard. To some that might seem commendable to others from this forum obivously not. We (the club) got no instructions on how to use screen and have had to play about with it to get it to work.

Hopefully your post might lower the blood pressure of the drama queens.

• 5 months later...

Another defeat at home today and more serious issues to be debated but something really bugged me today.

I wonder if there is any chance that responsibility for the setting up of the notices / birthdays / advertisements posted on the "big" screen during match days could be passed on to somebody within the club who possesses a basic understanding of English grammar, or more specifically the use of the apostrophe.

Today's abominations included St Valentines (Valentine's) Day and My Cards (Card's) Bigger Than Yours.

Yes, I know this may come over to many as extreme pedantry but in my humble opinion this is amateurish and an embarrassment.

Rant over.

Another defeat at home today and more serious issues to be debated but something really bugged me today.

I wonder if there is any chance that responsibility for the setting up of the notices / birthdays / advertisements posted on the "big" screen during match days could be passed on to somebody within the club who possesses a basic understanding of English grammar, or more specifically the use of the apostrophe.

Today's abominations included St Valentines (Valentine's) Day and My Cards (Card's) Bigger Than Yours.

Yes, I know this may come over to many as extreme pedantry but in my humble opinion this is amateurish and an embarrassment.

Rant over.

Your absolutely write their. :-)

Rant over.

Someone is picking up bad habits, reading some of the topic on the forums.

• 6 months later...