John Mcginn Club Statement

Following media speculation regarding player John McGinn, we can confirm that we have received an offer for John. The offer was well below our valuation of the player and was rejected immediately.

anyone know who from ? .

Sheff Utd mate,check the John McGinn thread.

100k for our most outstanding young player for years your having a laff sheff utd . good on stmirren for knocking it back hes worth at least 500k I think hes young and could walk into any Scottish team the now never mind an English championship side . so why go to the English first division where in my opinion he will end up disappearing like many good Scottish youngsters. don't sell yourself out john your worth more . you will be missed when eventually you go but good luck.

Just imagine we were in the shape of most other SPL clubs (or deceased clubs), we'd have to accept something ridiculous like that.

Thankfully, the ball is in our court these days; The only drawback is the length of time left on his contract.

John McGinn is one of the most talented players I've watched live and he is worth a lot more than £100k.

Edited by Murray7

Glad to hear the description of that offer

£500,000 has to be a start. It would be sheer stupidity to accept any less

Just thinking back to the youngsters from Hamilton Accies who both had very similar profiles at similar stages of development. I could be wrong but I don't recall either of them controlling games... and games against established top quality midfielders at that in the way McGinn has this season.

James McCarthy - similar stats with just the single season at SPL while breaking into Ireland's under 21 scene - £1.2 Million

James McArthur again breaking through at same sort of age.....£500,000

Ryan Fraser at Aberdeen ... no where near as developed as McGinn only just made the first team 19 games or so £400,000

We have a terrific young player who has matured at a tremendous rate since becoming a regular starter...that quality isn't easy replaced and any offer would have to be VERY worthwhile.

Edited by WirralSaint