Responses To Brian Caldwell Updates

Don't pretend to know anything but reading between the lines I think some players are coming up from England with contracts up the end of June.

I hope you are right , i would have liked at least one good scottish player signed early doors ,someone we had all seen and could comment on his talent or lack of it ,but alas ,i fear we will be trawling english lower league fans forums in the coming weeks

I hope you are right , i would have liked at least one good scottish player signed early doors ,someone we had all seen and could comment on his talent or lack of it ,but alas ,i fear we will be trawling english lower league fans forums in the coming weeks

Nope.

I think it's a given that some of our new faces will be loan signings.

It's worked out pretty well for us over the past few seasons, giving us access to a level of player we might not otherwise have been able to get. There is little doubt in my mind that had Dummett, Isma and Newton not signed two seasons back we would not have went on to win the League Cup.

Last season it didn't work out quite so well but generally speaking these are low risk signings who should have decent pedigree.

After the shambles of last summer I'm quite happy that Tommy is taking his time.

Of all the ten players that have left only McGregor, McGowan and Newton were regular starters.

Dilo will also be missed but he has been replaced with another decent young keeper.

It looks certain that Harkins will leave too, and I don't think many of us expect McLean to still be there next season.

I reckon 5 new signings over and above the 2 we have made already would be about right, with a couple more younger players coming through hopefully like Naismith and Kelly did last season.

9 out replacing them with 5 and maybe two youths. Alot of crap. we need to improve and sign enough players to sustain injuries etc. The loan thing seldom works with exception of two years ago.

Cost cutting, we are going to really struggle this season. The club can't expect to sell season tickets if they aren't willing to show a bit of ambition with some decent signings.

Div I really enjoy and appreciate you professional updates. However something has to be done to alleviate the tone and language of so called fans who just turn debates into farce.

Div I really enjoy and appreciate you professional updates. However something has to be done to alleviate the tone and language of so called fans who just turn debates into farce.

Shut it you thumbup2.gif

Div will pull up some people for bad language and name calling...the likes of faraway saint seems immune to name calling, swearing and generally ruining every thread with stupid immature post. Can Div please explain why faraway is still on here when kids read these posts?

Time to tidy this thread up FFS.

Feel free to continue to ask questions or discuss the answers or anything saints related.

Go into General Nonsense forum for other chat and slagging matches.

Cheers

Edited by davidg

It's great the season ticket sales are looking like it's going to be higher, I can't help but think a wee bit more information coming from the club to the press about what's going on what type of player we after etc would spark even more intrest? We might see a late surge once the signings are confirmed.

I will certainly participate in a late surge to try and get my money back,once signings are confirmed

It's great the season ticket sales are looking like it's going to be higher, I can't help but think a wee bit more information coming from the club to the press about what's going on what type of player we after etc would spark even more intrest? We might see a late surge once the signings are confirmed.

What late signing surge?