Motherwell V St Mirren Spfl Premiership 9/8/13

shull

Thankfully qualified my earlier comments with an 'if' with regards dissent. Cannot see what the 2nd booking was for from BBC Alba camera angle. Surely have to appeal? Our own fault we couldn't score but the ghostbusters of officials didn't help...

Can't appeal a second yellow, only a red. X

FFS, incredible decision there.

I'm not a Goodwin fan but the only liability involved there is the ref and his officials.

Good.

I'm happy to be proved wrong about Goodwin's actions today and humble pie duly consumed by myself.

Goodwin is innocent!

Incredible decision.

Nothing surprises me though, out officials managed to flag Thommo offside from a goal kick last season.

Correct

Also an offside in his own half the ball hadn't entered the other half.

Going by the highlights the defence and midfield were decent but i thought there was no link up with forwards

Too far apart too often and weren't working as an unit

That has to be sorted by Wed as we need to start scoring as performances don't get you points

Nah, Sutton didn't fake anything. There was nothing in it.

Sutton has absolutely no reaction to anything. Yes he is on the ground but he continues to watch the game and picks himself back up.

His hands don't go and grab his back like he has been hit, and he doesn't even look or acknowledge Goodwin is near him.

Linesman has had a shocker.

We were powderpuff in attacking areas today , if we were still playing now we still wouldn't have scored , very worrying.

Callum Murray is past his sell-by date I'm afraid , allowed that f**kin' nonce Lasley to con him all day and failed to punish several tackles worthy of cards also allowed blatant time wasting to go unpunished !

That was the worst Motherwell team I've seen since we returned to the SPL in 2006 , the signs aren't good for us IMO !

Agree with point one to a degree. Give them time to adjust though. I'd personally have Caldwell on from the start rather than Ball.

Point two- No argument at all there!

Point three - Massive over-reaction to the first game of the season which we dominated despite having half a team of new faces..

Watching the highlights again if Wylde had squared that chance I'm sure we would of went onto win the game no problem, you can see McLean is absolutely raging at him for not cutting it back, Wylde looked threatening but really needs to work on that final ball.

Hopefully the club are working on securing McGinn on a longer contract , he was excellent and it would be a sickener to lose him.

Roll on the Hamilton game.

Ball should have burst the net with the chance that fell to him in the box right before Goodwin's sending off. Have to say having seen the sending off incident again Jim is very unlucky .... Sutton backs in as ball is being kicked out and Jim tries to stand his ground, That type of handbags challenge takes place at almost every kick out. Referee didn't see anything in it and has sent him off on the linesman's say so.

F*ckin nonsense ! I thought he had been sent off for dissent but tbh he has been sent off for hee haw mad.gif

Ball should have burst the net with the chance that fell to him in the box right before Goodwin's sending off. Have to say having seen the sending off incident again Jim is very unlucky .... Sutton backs in as ball is being kicked out and Jim tries to stand his ground, That type of handbags challenge takes place at almost every kick out. Referee didn't see anything in it and has sent him off on the linesman's say so.

F*ckin nonsense ! I thought he had been sent off for dissent but tbh he has been sent off for hee haw mad.gif

That's exactly what happens.

I've watched the TV footage of the incident frame by frame.

At no point does Goodwin get his arms in a position to elbow Sutton, as his arms are always facing forward or outstretched.

Other than minimal pressure on Sutton's back by Goodwin, I can't see anything sinister about the challenge at all. You could maybe argue that Goodwin nudges Sutton in the back, but if you're going to penalise defenders for that every time an aerial challenge occurs, then football has had it's day.

Sutton doesn't even go down clutching his back, which you would expect if someone has jabbed their elbow into your back.

Anyone still criticising Godwin's actions for this incident really needs to go and watch the footage. There is no wild swipe or blatant shove and for him to be sent off for this "booking" is a major error on the part of the officials.

Edited by FTOF

That's exactly what happens.

I've watched the TV footage of the incident frame by frame.

At no point does Goodwin get his arms in a position to elbow Sutton, as his arms are always facing forward or outstretched.

Other than minimal pressure on Sutton's back by Goodwin, I can't see anything sinister about the challenge at all. You could maybe argue that Goodwin nudges Sutton in the back, but if you're going to penalise defenders for that every time an aerial challenge occurs, then football has had it's day.

Sutton doesn't even go down clutching his back, which you would expect if someone has jabbed their elbow into your back.

Anyone still criticising Godwin's actions for this incident really needs to go and watch the footage. There is no wild swipe or blatant shove and for him to be sent off for this "booking" is a major error on the part of the officials.

And yet among our own support on forums and facebook, our own 'supporters' were wanting the man hung drawn and quartered, being quick to condemn with no evidence.

We make it easy for others to condem him when we are quick to do the same.

And yet among our own support on forums and facebook, our own 'supporters' were wanting the man hung drawn and quartered, being quick to condemn with no evidence.

We make it easy for others to condem him when we are quick to do the same.

Someone on the official site saying that he's seen the incident on SKY goals on Sunday, with close ups and freeze frames, and that he's surprised it wasn't a straight red.

Must be from a different angle, as Alba's pics show nothing of note happening.