Motherwell Gate Priced

There's a number of ways to save money on admission.

1. There is a family ticket available for the away end which costs £29. That's one adult and one child up to the age of 16.

2. Forget about sitting in the St Mirren end, ditch the scarves and flags and opt instead for the East Stand behind the opposite goal. Ticket prices there are £19 per adult, £9 per child and the family ticket is £24.00.

I've never understood why football fans are happy to pay top prices at stadiums to sit with a shit view behind a goal when they can sit in much better seats for the same price, or similar view seats for much less.

There's a number of ways to save money on admission.

1. There is a family ticket available for the away end which costs £29. That's one adult and one child up to the age of 16.

2. Forget about sitting in the St Mirren end, ditch the scarves and flags and opt instead for the East Stand behind the opposite goal. Ticket prices there are £19 per adult, £9 per child and the family ticket is £24.00.

I've never understood why football fans are happy to pay top prices at stadiums to sit with a shit view behind a goal when they can sit in much better seats for the same price, or similar view seats for much less.

Thought clubs had to mirror pricing for home & away fans ?

I guess we have a decent price and get more people in? One thing I would like is for young people who can't afford it to be allocated tickets? So if your a student or unemployed under 21 you can get in for £5/6. Limit it to the first 100 people per game? I know we do it but for matches v Accies, County, STj and Ict I would as a season ticket holder have no objection to all tickets being reduced .

Edited by norrie82

I guess we have a decent price and get more people in? One thing I would like is for young people who can't afford it to be allocated tickets? So if your a student or unemployed under 21 you can get in for £5/6. Limit it to the first 100 people per game? I know we do it but for matches v Accies, County, STj and Ict I would as a season ticket holder have no objection to all tickets being reduced .

Why students? Those cunts already get their education funded by the taxpayer. And if you run a scheme where the discount only applies to the first 100 people you're going to have a hell of a lot of disgruntled people who've travelled and got to the turnstyle only to find out that the advertised discounts no longer apply. Stupid idea!

Why students? Those cunts already get their education funded by the taxpayer. And if you run a scheme where the discount only applies to the first 100 people you're going to have a hell of a lot of disgruntled people who've travelled and got to the turnstyle only to find out that the advertised discounts no longer apply. Stupid idea!

im sure if you had your way students would be marched through the streets apologizing for having a top notch education

I paid £30 to watch the commonwealth games medal games. Seven hours worth of sport in nice surroundings, no segregation, no police, no cunto stewards. Could have a few beers, a good variety of food and wasnt treated like a potential criminal to and from the stadium by f**kwit police.

I saw the best player currently on the planet in both male and female games win gold medals.

Motherwell is a shithole. You'll go to the game, you'll be segregated, you'll be banned from doing certain things, like drinking. The food will be outstandingly shite. The police and stewards will view you as a potential criminal. The police may well even be armed nowadays as a show of "strength" and you'll sit in a crappy old stand looking out on a pitch where the goals at the far end look f**king wonky because the cunts couldn't even build their pitch on a flat bit of ground. You''l be charged £23 quid for a couple of hours worth of low quality sport.

I like the football, but the pricing structure has made me decide to not go to many games now. I have young kids that Id rather be with and spend the time and money with them. I also find Motherwell and intensely depressing town. They really need to flatten it and try again.

Aye yer right about the polis ...................

And whatever you do don't shout "Free Palestine".

im sure if you had your way students would be marched through the streets apologizing for having a top notch education

No, but they would be made to pay for their education. It really isn't right that tomorrow's lawyers, politicians, and bankers get their education paid for them by the taxes taken from cleaners, bin men, and dinner ladies.

Aye yer right about the polis ...................

And whatever you do don't shout "Free Palestine".

The Palestinians have the democratic ability to vote the Hamas terrorists oit of power. Don't they?... After all, the pepople of Gaza voted the terrorists of Hamas into power at the first opportunity. An organisation whose stated aim is to annhilate all Jews in the area and set up one arab caliphate. Interestingly, "Palestine" never gets mentioned once. So hopefully at the next round of elections (overdue) the democratic will of the people of Gaza will be heard...If they are tired of getting bombed, they can hold their leaders to account who spent the last year firing rockets into Israel and who wasted billions arming themselves and digging tunnels into Israel.

No, but they would be made to pay for their education. It really isn't right that tomorrow's lawyers, politicians, and bankers get their education paid for them by the taxes taken from cleaners, bin men, and dinner ladies.

Well that's not really true is it?

Most of the people you mention will have virtually all (if not all) of their salaries paid free of tax.

You mention politicians, lawyers and bankers but you fail to mention doctors, nurses, engineers and scientists who between them create pretty much the entire economy we live under and keep us alive when we abuse food, alcohol and drugs.

Students are an INVESTMENT not a cost. Get the chip off your shoulder.

Edited by oaksoft

Most of the people you mention will have virtually all (if not all) of their salaries paid free of tax.

You mention politicians, lawyers and bankers but you fail to mention doctors, nurses, engineers and scientists who between them create pretty much the entire economy we live under and keep us alive when we abuse food, alcohol and drugs.

Bollocks. If it's an investment it's got to have been one of the worst ones made since RBS decided to buy ABN Amro. Lets look at doctors for example. We pay for 7 years worth of education for each GP that qualifies. Then when he does he'll earn a salary just short of £100k per annum, refuse to work after 5pm at night, and will refuse to do house calls. The c**t won't even fill out a short form for you without taking a fee and he'll never, ever keep to your appointed time.

Nurses? We'll we know that they come out of university without the skill to be able to wash their hands, and when it comes to patient care we see and read plenty of examples where they refuse to do some of the "dirtier" jobs particularly when it comes to elderly patients - who have paid income tax all their lives to fund the nurses education.

Scientists? You mean the ones that come away with shit like "Monkeys can't write the works of Shakespeare", or that "eggs are good for you, naw, bad for you, naw good for you - ach f**k knows, just eat them in moderation". The kind of people who spend all their working life requiring taxpayer grants to pay for their research that they then slant to try to justify a continuum of research funding.

And what about the students that we've funded who fail, who drop out or who land up working in a shitty call centre trying to dodge work like the guy at HMRC this afternoon who tried to tell me that I'd be charged "Premium Rate" to dial him on an 0161 phone number, in the hope that I'd hang up and pester one of his colleagues on the 0300 line instead. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson

i wouldn't have thought that bin men get their income entirely tax free

and wont all these people pay vat?

i wouldn't have thought that bin men get their income entirely tax free

and wont all these people pay vat?

According to this website the average wage for a bin man is £39,204

Other newspaper reports suggest that it's not uncommon for bin men to earn in excess of £40,000 per annum but that would take into account shift allowances and overtime payments. Their average basic wage is reportedly closer to £27,000 per annum.

Regardless, I don't think it is remotely fair that university students should have the cost of their education picked up in it's entirety by those who have never been to University. It's exactly the kind of policy that causes the rich to get richer whilst the poor get poorer.

Dicko will see you all right for a couple of Comps this saturday.

That right Stu? we'll see your massive frame squeezing into to Fir Park to back the buddies AGAIN!!!!

We saw you sneaking oot....

we saw you sneaking oot

I doubt I'll be at the game. There's a more appealing match down at Newmains where Newmains take on Carluke Rovers.

You never know though. I do know a number of the Motherwell players these days including two who have graduated to full time contracts since leaving WWW 98's.

Bollocks. If it's an investment it's got to have been one of the worst ones made since RBS decided to buy ABN Amro. Lets look at doctors for example. We pay for 7 years worth of education for each GP that qualifies. Then when he does he'll earn a salary just short of £100k per annum, refuse to work after 5pm at night, and will refuse to do house calls. The c**t won't even fill out a short form for you without taking a fee and he'll never, ever keep to your appointed time.

Nurses? We'll we know that they come out of university without the skill to be able to wash their hands, and when it comes to patient care we see and read plenty of examples where they refuse to do some of the "dirtier" jobs particularly when it comes to elderly patients - who have paid income tax all their lives to fund the nurses education.

Scientists? You mean the ones that come away with shit like "Monkeys can't write the works of Shakespeare", or that "eggs are good for you, naw, bad for you, naw good for you - ach f**k knows, just eat them in moderation". The kind of people who spend all their working life requiring taxpayer grants to pay for their research that they then slant to try to justify a continuum of research funding.

And what about the students that we've funded who fail, who drop out or who land up working in a shitty call centre trying to dodge work like the guy at HMRC this afternoon who tried to tell me that I'd be charged "Premium Rate" to dial him on an 0161 phone number, in the hope that I'd hang up and pester one of his colleagues on the 0300 line instead. rolleyes.gif

If we didn't invest in students then we would barely have any doctors, nurses, engineers, teachers etc as only kids from rich families could afford to go to uni. You complain that doctors get their 7 years of uni paid for then earn £100K per annum.. you seem to forgot that means they are paying about £40K per annum in taxes.

I had the cheek to go get an engineering degree paid for by the government when I finished school and in the 2 years since I graduated I've already paid about £15K in taxes.. by the time I retire I'll have paid back that investment hundreds of times over.

Edited by irvine_buddie

If we didn't invest in students then we would barely have any doctors, nurses, engineers, teachers etc as only kids from rich families could afford to go to uni. You complain that doctors get their 7 years of uni paid for then earn £100K per annum.. you seem to forgot that means they are paying about £40K per annum in taxes.

I had the cheek to go get an engineering degree paid for by the government when I finished school and in the 2 years since I graduated I've already paid about £15K in taxes.. by the time I retire I'll have paid back that investment hundreds of times over.

Ignore the fat idiotic troll.