St Mirren V Hamilton Academical - Wed 13Th 7:45 Ko

TopCat

I keep reading about this great performance at motherwell...

we lost that fecking game!

a good performance is where you win the game!

how you win or lose games is irrelevant

all that matters is the result

it was a bad performance at Motherwell... We lost!

tommy Craig should never have got the job, the bod need to act quickly and decisively and get in someone who knows what they r doing

tommy Craig clearly doesnt

I agree

A manager to say he could see the bad performance coming early doors and didn't do anything about it

His words it's the St Mirren way good one week,bad the next

Inspiring

I take back what I said about Goodwin being a liability we really needed him.

Totally not good enough tonight. Thankfully we have few weeks of August left, get some experience in.

Hope tommy gets hiss ass in gear reminds me of lennons first season with the Cowdenbeath signings. Not panicking yet but worried. Hamilton are like kille, aberdeen etc a physical side. We hid away.

Too much expectation on McLean and McGinn - need experience.

This is what makes him such a liability, the system we play needs a player in that position and he is now getting caught for pace. he stupidly punched a motherwell player and smashed a united player and made himself easy meat for the other players as well as the media

Edited by beyond our ken

I agree

A manager to say he could see the bad performance coming early doors and didn't do anything about it

His words it's the St Mirren way good one week,bad the next

Inspiring

"My issue with Saint Mirren has always been..." is fine if you're a new face coming in, not if you've been there three years. Is he saying he couldn't change it or that Danny wouldn't listen to his sage like advice? Too early to start picking a him though, we can convene that open forum on September 1st.

Wow, it isn't like you to be negative . I'm surprised . Relegated by Christmas then?

It would not surprise me in the least I was looking forward to this season but after watching that abject display last night .I new it would be harder than a lot of people thought but bloody hell they looked like world beaters against us. We are going to get pumped right left and centre week in week out Dundee will absolutely rip us a new ass hole mark my words .

Play without a defensive midfielder = get cuffed.

People were saying they wanted to see McLean and McGinn play together in the middle, but it's a terrible idea if they haven't got someone sitting in behind them. As soon as Declan Hughes wasn't available, I had a feeling we were in trouble (though it would've been a risk pitching him in, too, in fairness).

This is why we need JG on the park and why he let us down on Saturday.

Fuxake Saints. sad.png

First viewing of the season last night and yet again confirmed my worst fears.Didnt think we would beat Hamilton anyway but shocked at how bad we were. Firstly, Craig shouldnt be at the club anymore after the last few seasons, his petulance in a pre match interview summed him up.Secondly the signings of non league and reserve players (downsizing in other words)shows what we fans have to look forward to. More surprising was McGinn, who was hopeless, and in my opinion a bit overrated anyway. He will be taking an early bath regularly this season and could have had one last night as well.

All in all, just what I was expecting unfortunately. Only bright spot in the evening was the fact that the super non-attendee Mr Faraway lost his gambling debt, lol.I imagine that must happen to him quite often.

First viewing of the season last night and yet again confirmed my worst fears.Didnt think we would beat Hamilton anyway but shocked at how bad we were. Firstly, Craig shouldnt be at the club anymore after the last few seasons, his petulance in a pre match interview summed him up.Secondly the signings of non league and reserve players (downsizing in other words)shows what we fans have to look forward to. More surprising was McGinn, who was hopeless, and in my opinion a bit overrated anyway. He will be taking an early bath regularly this season and could have had one last night as well.

All in all, just what I was expecting unfortunately. Only bright spot in the evening was the fact that the super non-attendee Mr Faraway lost his gambling debt, lol.I imagine that must happen to him quite often.

If he lost his gambling debt he must have had a good night.

You can' t compete in modern day professional football without established holding midfielders.

Most good teams in any league use two, we've got Goody and last night showed we need a hoppo for him ASAP to share the load.

Like neil for Accies they are always going to pick up cards, (if that had been Goody we all know he'd have been off).

You accept that, and have your John Terry type always in the refs ear before he can make a decision.

Perhaps now some! Of the people who were shamefully calling for Goodwin to be sacked can appreciate this? Especially since they pissed their pants on MatchDay ONE!

36 more league games to go plus a handful of cup ties. Thats what you judge your team across.

If he lost his gambling debt he must have had a good night.

Well seen that I dont gamble, of course I meant BET

Better evening though than me as i had to suffer that drivel last night.Thank goodness I dont have a season ticket, £20 was far too much for that game as well.ought to be half that, with all the reserve type players we have brought in.

BTW I couldnt believe the shape of the no 16 Ball. He wont last the season here, back to Jules Verne for him, and Marwood.

lol 1eye.gif

You can' t compete in modern day professional football without established holding midfielders.

Most good teams in any league use two, we've got Goody and last night showed we need a hoppo for him ASAP to share the load.

Like neil for Accies they are always going to pick up cards, (if that had been Goody we all know he'd have been off).

Exactly. Perhaps we were unlucky that Hughes was also injured, but yeah, without a solid platform behind them, KM and JM will always look lost.

You accept that, and have your John Terry type always in the refs ear before he can make a decision.

Perhaps now some! Of the people who were shamefully calling for Goodwin to be sacked can appreciate this? Especially since they pissed their pants on MatchDay ONE!

36 more league games to go plus a handful of cup ties. Thats what you judge your team across.

Goodwin took a management job and then acted like a rookie, he should know better. If he can't adapt to his new reality then out he goes, or we are fcked, cos who is going to cover a position that a coach considers his own?

we seem to have a decent plan A - 4,2,3,1.passing at pace trying to get marwood and wylde behind oponents defence etc. and if subs have to be made it's like for like. our problem last night was that plan A wasn't available (Goody suspended and Hughes injured - though as others have pointed out he could have played Kelly and moved Tess to holding mid) so we moved to plan B-Z I don't think TC knew what plan he was on, a kind of 4,4,2 come 4,3,3 at any rate it didn't work and Wylde having to come off coupled with poor Brown having a bit of a stinker just made us implode. I hope we can come back from this - get Ball a bit fitter, get Goody to keep his forearms down, get Thommo fit, get hughs fit, select plan A and get the players to fit it instead of trying to fit the system to the players you have available.

I'll probably have calmed down by tomorrow - onwards and upwards.

Think we could break a few unwanted records this season .The least amount of points won by any team and relegated by Christmas.

Even by your own standards you don't half talk rivers of pish. Last night was poor, yes, but transfer market is not closed andwe have 36 games left. It will take time for players to gel and manager to get his own ideas across. If it becomes as bad as you say Tommy will not be there by Xmas. We were dire last night and I have seen a lot of dire performances in the last 46 years. On a final note, Ross County brought a lot of new and experienced players and what happened to them against another diddy team? It is a bad start for us and can only improve, although you admitting that would go against your uber negative stance on this forum.

Alex Neil had a great game for Accies. Bruising tackles, then had the brains to take himself off before another yellow might have come his way. Tactically he fcuked Tommy Craig over a barrel.

I certainly screamed for the referee to book him after his second or third tackle, but he ran the show and if that had been Jim Goodwin, we'd rightly have stood up and applauded him off the park.

Accies were more streetwise, better organised, more energetic, tougher in the tackle....

In fact they were better in every department. Full stop.

Couldn't agree more Poz, the problem is, we have said the same numerous time over the years when teams come to Paisley and bully, harass and outfight our team and emerge with 3 points and I'm sick of watching it - when will we toughen up? How many changes of manager does it take? Do we get Billy Abercromby or Shuggie Murray in every week to do the pre-match talk to explain to these guys what it should mean to wear a St Mirren jersey? I appreciate we had a young team out today (so did Hamilton) but we were overran/outfought/outplayed/outmuscled and pretty much pumped by a very average side. It was literally embarrassing to watch at times - no shape, no game plan, just a series of speculative diagonal balls out wide!!

The squad is absolutely threadbare and the BOD and Manager have to take the flak for that as I fear they have left us vastly under-equipped to handle the season. A couple of decent centre halves are a must as if Plummer gets injured we are well and truly f**ked.

Couldn't have said it better myself - spot on. It was Men V Boys last night.

Wont be making claims like we are going to be relegated, least amount of points before Christmas- BUT the past two performances have been bad and causes worry for what is ahead. Wont take anything away from Hamilton as they played to win and we didnt, but we should be beating the likes of Hamilton, but we didnt even give them a run for there money.

Also, the folk shouting for TC to be sacked, after two games it is a tad premature and continue to give him and the team our support, but also need to make sure that if anything needs doing, the BOD dont do there usual (nothing until the last minute, panic then decide to do nothing or something that has the opposite effect as to what it is supossed to)

Even by your own standards you don't half talk rivers of pish. Last night was poor, yes, but transfer market is not closed andwe have 36 games left. It will take time for players to gel and manager to get his own ideas across. If it becomes as bad as you say Tommy will not be there by Xmas. We were dire last night and I have seen a lot of dire performances in the last 46 years. On a final note, Ross County brought a lot of new and experienced players and what happened to them against another diddy team? It is a bad start for us and can only improve, although you admitting that would go against your uber negative stance on this forum.

There is only one proper diddy team in this league and that's us by a Country mile or two.