Jim Goodwin Liability

Jim will miss the next 4 games as due to bookings in last seasons Scottish Cup he is banned for the ICT game.

Pedantic I know but the league suspension doesn't kick in until after the Thistle game

Should he accept the ban, the midfielder would miss three games from 15 November because of an additional suspension due to his recent record.

With no game scheduled that weekend it would give us till the 22nd against Hamilton to get Osbourne fit spudniklifter.gif or work out some alternative.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Pedantic I know but the league suspension doesn't kick in until after the Thistle game

With no game scheduled that weekend it would give us till the 22nd against Hamilton to get Osbourne fit spudniklifter.gif or work out some alternative.

According to the PDE he will miss Thistle,Accies,Fakes and ICT.

looks like an attempted elbow , which should be treated the as a player trying to punch another player but missing with the punch , perhaps St Mirren should send it to the SFA for clarification , also ask whether there is a special sfa ruling that allows players to barge into Jim Goodwin , and give him the odd kick , without a foul being given.

That said , Goodwin should be able to manage his aggression better on the park , and as said elsewhere , he should go down when he,s fouled and milk it like others do .

He is no angel but other teams target him .

Having said that , he,s just the kind of player we need against Inverness , who will kick us all over the place .

other players seem to get away with it (hamell and lasley ) jump to mind straight away ,,the difference is these guys go in hard and can take it ,,Goodwin tries to be fly all the time and gets caught every time ,,so it look like cowardice doesn't always pay

Goodwin doesn't go in hard and can't take it? You been watching the last 4 years?

What we don't see in detail is a lot of the stuff that goes on during a game.

Even the least 'paranoid' Saints fan will surely admit that Goodwin has been targeted by other teams and their fans over the last 18 months.

Most people missed that elbow from Paton on Saturday. Maybe there were another half a dozen bits of physical and verbal abuse to wind Jim up?

It's not a defence. We need him to be able to rise above that kind of provocation, but it might just explain where some of the inexplicable things he does come from.

Goodwin is 'targeted' by other teams because they know they'll get a reaction. It's clever play and management, I'd expect us to do exactly the same against the opposition. Know their weakness then exploit it.

Jim has shown that he can be an alright player at times, but he's a liability and has been, for all his lack of red cards he constantly gets caught doing incredibly stupid things and picks up retrospective bans.

I don't particularly like Goodwin, but he does a job for the team at times. However more often than not he finds a way to let us and his teammates down.

what have you been watching for the last 4 years ,,Goodwin is a coward ,going in late ,over the top and everything else he does to pick up booking after booking,while assaulting young boys isn't hard,its disgraceful !!!

Goodwin doesn't go in hard and can't take it? You been watching the last 4 years?

Severely Fined?

THIS GUY IS A DISGRACE, not onlty to us but Scottish football, a thug, cancel his contract and set a moral example, TBH he is totally crap in all, but that is not unique this season

Goodwin is not totally crap. When he's in the mood (not a bad one) there's not too many better in the country in the defensive midfielder role. I understand why you would be annoyed at his actions but he's not a bad player.

Goodwin is not totally crap. When he's in the mood (not a bad one) there's not too many better in the country in the defensive midfielder role. I understand why you would be annoyed at his actions but he's not a bad player.

Sorry Bud, he is slow and simply fouls and mugs due to lack of pace. Plus as a coach he is supposed to set an example, not very intelligent either, he knows eyes are on him but he will still happily slug a kid in the face and try and break his nose. I blame board though who are obviously totally disengaged, Goodwin should have his contract terminated but lets be honest here, we have a manager who is not a manager, we have coaches who are not coaches, we have forwards who cant score and backs who cant defend, been a saints fan since 1976 and seen this before, cant see us get out of this one unless we have a board who can act, but again we dont