Jim Goodwin Liability

Sorry Bud, he is slow and simply fouls and mugs due to lack of pace. Plus as a coach he is supposed to set an example, not very intelligent either, he knows eyes are on him but he will still happily slug a kid in the face and try and break his nose. I blame board though who are obviously totally disengaged, Goodwin should have his contract terminated but lets be honest here, we have a manager who is not a manager, we have coaches who are not coaches, we have forwards who cant score and backs who cant defend, been a saints fan since 1976 and seen this before, cant see us get out of this one unless we have a board who can act, but again we dont

I would agree with 90% of your post. The only point I was making was, Goodwin isn't total crap, IMO.

The rest of you post no one could argue with the club is a shambles at the moment and unless a change is made we will be relegated.

I would agree with 90% of your post. The only point I was making was, Goodwin isn't total crap, IMO.

The rest of you post no one could argue with the club is a shambles at the moment and unless a change is made we will be relegated.

Yes, we are relegated. But County sack Adams, McCall falls on sword, looks now like Owen Coyle so they are safe probably finish top 6. Does TC honestly think that Thommo although a good player at 36 can save us, he needs the ball we have had more shots on target then any other team in League bar Tic and yet 10 goals, for record 132 shots on target that's over 10 a game. so we can create we just cant finish, we are all on here, mainly agreeing, but somewhere is the BOD what are their plans, is it usual success = sack Failure = new contract. Is it an achievement for a club like Saints to be in top flight or is it under achievement that we cant get top 6. I think latter, we don't progress we stagnate . we offload poor and recruit poor, we appoint poor, there is no plan. Hey maybe like last year we might somehow survive, and then next year win 8-9 games draw6-9 games and lose rest. Difference is next year with Hearts and Gers we are totally out of our depth

Yes, we are relegated. But County sack Adams, McCall falls on sword, looks now like Owen Coyle so they are safe probably finish top 6. Does TC honestly think that Thommo although a good player at 36 can save us, he needs the ball we have had more shots on target then any other team in League bar Tic and yet 10 goals, for record 132 shots on target that's over 10 a game. so we can create we just cant finish, we are all on here, mainly agreeing, but somewhere is the BOD what are their plans, is it usual success = sack Failure = new contract. Is it an achievement for a club like Saints to be in top flight or is it under achievement that we cant get top 6. I think latter, we don't progress we stagnate . we offload poor and recruit poor, we appoint poor, there is no plan. Hey maybe like last year we might somehow survive, and then next year win 8-9 games draw6-9 games and lose rest. Difference is next year with Hearts and Gers we are totally out of our depth

132 shots on target???? Don't know where you get those stats from. Out of 13 league games this season, there have been 5 where we 2 shots on target, and one game where we only managed a single shot. So the other 7 games generated 121 shots - an average of 17 shots on target per game? Wish it were true - they'd have been be some games!

132 shots on target???? Don't know where you get those stats from. Out of 13 league games this season, there have been 5 where we 2 shots on target, and one game where we only managed a single shot. So the other 7 games generated 121 shots - an average of 17 shots on target per game? Wish it were true - they'd have been be some games!

Didn't make it up, simply added together al the stats the BBC give after games, what constitutes a shot I really don't know. Fact is we are pish

Looking back , Goodwin and Teale were very poor choices , and we had the facts in front of us before making the choices .

The SFA via referees and the BBC had their plan in place to kill off Goodwins career in Scotland at the turn of the year , we should have taken the very bit hint and not bothered renewing his contract , as for Teale , the clue was in how many games he was able to start last season .

We could still have had Craig as the cheap option of manager , appointed Shuggie Murray as a cheap option assistant , and still had the funds to offer two reasonably experienced players ( who would be more likely to feature every week ) decent contracts.

We could still have had Craig as the cheap option of manager , appointed Shuggie Murray as a cheap option assistant , and still had the funds to offer two reasonably experienced players ( who would be more likely to feature every week ) decent contracts.

I have never been thrilled by the removal of DL for the current incumbents.

Shug NEVER cut it as even a Captain. He couldn't be hired cheap enough as assistant to make that suggestion sensible.

I have never been thrilled by the removal of DL for the current incumbents.

Shug NEVER cut it as even a Captain. He couldn't be hired cheap enough as assistant to make that suggestion sensible.

Wouldn,t need to do much , just drive the Reserve team mini bus , put out the cones and hold the numbers up at substitutions

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen the Boyd and Miller "tackles" against Hearts. Good grief, imagine the press reaction had either of those been by Goodwin! Hope the Compliance officer was watching

not likely, mind you i expect those on here who slate jim goodwin at every opportunity, will be falling over themselves to register a complaint with the sfa, nah forget that they are self harmers.

Just seen the Boyd and Miller "tackles" against Hearts. Good grief, imagine the press reaction had either of those been by Goodwin! Hope the Compliance officer was watching

Not sure how the system works, but if the referee took action at the time (he booked Boyd and Miller) does that not mean the CO can't intervene?

Not sure how the system works, but if the referee took action at the time (he booked Boyd and Miller) does that not mean the CO can't intervene?

Yeah i think thats the case. The ref will have it in his report that he deemed both to be fouls worthy of a yellow, i dont think the CO will / can overrule.

I believe he will only rule on matters missed by the match officials.

Miller tackle wasn't that bad IMO, ahead of the player, blocked the ball. Unfortunately the force of the ball sandwiched between them injured the Hearts lad.

I'd be raging if one of ours got sent off for that.

Sorry DG, but I don't agree. He went sliding in with his studs up. Reckless and dangerous and clearly against the rules of the game.

He must have known the score BEFORE his latest debacle.

Is it something to do with the air or training at Saint Mirren that we end up with repeat offenders.

We dodged a bullet with the one we let go.