Killie V Buddies. Rugby Park

Cheesy did ok in spells day. Naismith looks tired , slow and is actually not much of a player but hey he is young so it must be alright. What a load of tosh. Regardless of age it is fair to call it as you see it and he should be the first player dropped

Losing Paul McGinn was a huge mistake, seems to be the st.mirren way though.

Just watched the highlights.

Never heard we'd a goal disallowed at 0-0.

Seen those given regularly.

Also thought the yellow for diving was unbelievably harsh at the end.

Kenny should also have scored at 0-0.

Hard to tell from the highlights, but looked like two shit (but evenly matched) teams, with us coming away with nothing again.

We're not relegated yet. There's several teams in this league who look just as bad as we are. It'll be down to who improves. If we don't, we're gone, but we do have time.

Tommy Docherty said football is dead because of money. He's right. And the glory hunting down here is even worse than in Scotland if that's possible.

I have watched football from championship level down to league two level in England, Peterborough, MK Dons & Northampton, I have been to see all of them regularly.

Scottish Premiership football is dreadful, I would put it on a level with League two in England.

During Danny 'whitnatno' Lennons reign - 3 seasons in a row I went up to see st mirren at least 5 times in a season, last season I went once, this season probably only once also.

I picked the celtic game on September 27th as I thought we would be in full swing by then and be able to compete, it is looking far from it right now judging by the real saints supporters who go week in week out, these are the guys we should be listening to.

Just watched the highlights.

Never heard we'd a goal disallowed at 0-0.

Seen those given regularly.

Also thought the yellow for diving was unbelievably harsh at the end.

Kenny should also have scored at 0-0.

Hard to tell from the highlights, but looked like two shit (but evenly matched) teams, with us coming away with nothing again.

We're not relegated yet. There's several teams in this league who look just as bad as we are. It'll be down to who improves. If we don't, we're gone, but we do have time.

I agree I thought the goal being disallowed was very harsh.

We just aren't getting the breaks just now, it will come though!

This picture sums it up for me in the Sun

Guys like this clearly care eh - GTF along with TC

I wouldn't read that paper if you paid me to. The very fact that the Scottish version of their paper usually has completely different headlines to the one they sell in England and Wales says it all. F**k them.

Could u not say that about cheesy and Naismith for the 1st guy runs through with no one near him then beats cheesy far too easy

You could argue that if Plummer was in line with McAusland then Muirhead would have been offside.

Many ways to skin a cat I guess, three out of the back four were culpable one way or another.

You could argue that if Plummer was in line with McAusland then Muirhead would have been offside.

Many ways to skin a cat I guess, three out of the back four were culpable one way or another.

so he didn't beat him far too easy then either

Our bk 4 line and pushing up too high too early and not together is terrible happened v Dundee a few times one resulting in the goal

We began to turn the corner last season when we changed keeper and half the defence and also brought McGinn into the starting line up at Harkins expense and I think we may need to try something similar. TC's mantra that we are playing the right way and just need a goal and don't need to make any serious changes is clearly not working. I don't think persisting and showing patience with the current system, players and tactics is going to pay dividends any time soon.

Every week we lose goals from the gap in the channel between Naismith and McAusland. Naismith is starting to resemble DVZ is looking disinterested in tracking back and doing defensive duties and it also looks like he and Cheesy would rather berate each other than cover each other's backs. Tess and Plummer have mostly looked OK but over 5 league defeats have also had a share in some of the goals conceded. Kello was OK yesterday but I wouldn't be adverse to threatening him with being dropped for Ridgers, and think it is definitely time to rest Naismith and Cheesy now.

For the Thistle game I would be seriously considering starting with:

Ridgers

Drury - Goodwin - Plummer - Tesselaar

Osborne

Teale - McGinn - Wylde

McLean

Caldwell

Subs: Kello, Kelly, Ball, Marwood, Naismith, McAusland, Reilly

Where's Mykey with the final Team line up and formation ?

I think Kello, Cheesy, McGinn & McLean will be important players for us this season, but their current form along with Thommogod's injury has caused us massive problems so for this game i would go with a different line-up (sorry shull) to protect our goal without nullifying our forward play, something like:

Ridgers

Goodwin

Naismith Plummer

Drury Osbourne Tess

Teale Caldwell Wylde

Ball

Meanwhile working in training to get Kello,Cheesy,McGinn,Mclean, and Thommo back fit and at their best, and in the meantime scudding Killie 2-0 (Ball & Wylde)

Sorry Shull - I was on my way to the game when the actual line-ups were announced, but of course, I had previously given you my predicted line-up and score, notice how my team were solid and had a predicted 2-0 win where TC's team looked a bit shakey and lost 2-1, never mind onwards and upwards . I'm sure TC (like you) will be searching the fascinating matchday thread for Friday to see how i think he should set up against Thistle.

On a slightly more serious note you can download the bbc sports app, mark St.Mirren as "my team" and they send you the line up as soon as it's announced as well as goal alerts if you're not at the game (and it's free).

The incident with James Marwood highlights the fact that the referee was incompetent. How that was not a penalty is beyond belief. The Killie defenders reaction alone tells you that it was a blatant foul.

This is not an excuse for our current plight, just an observation that we have no decent refs in top flight football.

Never in a million years is that anything other than a dive.